WSOP.com's $15 million summer is coming
23 April 2018
(PRESS RELEASE) -- Shared Liquidity is near - the pooling of players from all U.S. states offering online poker - starts 1 May 2018 when WSOP.com
, the World Series of Poker’s digital poker platform, begins operating a combined service for players in Delaware, Nevada and New Jersey.
Starting 24 April, players will be able to pre-register for an account. We strongly encourage those keen on getting a specific username to pre-register. Nevada players who successfully pre-register are entered into a drawing for a $10,000 WSOP
Main Event seat, plus will automatically see their bankroll
balance, tournament tickets and loyalty points transfer over. Players can be anywhere in the world to pre-register/register for an account. Play remains limited to those inside the borders of Delaware, Nevada and New Jersey. We encourage all interested players to sign up ahead of time.
Once all three states are linked together on 1 May, players will notice plenty to get excited about, including:
· $15,000,000 worth of guarantees - From May through September, in WSOP.com’s biggest summer ever.
· $100,000 Sunday Tournaments - The $320 buy-in
at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT will be the largest weekly online poker tournament guarantee in the U.S., giving players a weekly go-to event to play.
· $250,000 Sunday Guarantees - Sunday features a plethora of tournaments combined to guarantee $250,000.
· Daily minimum $10,000 Guarantees - Each evening a poker tournament will be offered featuring at least a $10,000 guaranteed prize pool, with some up to $25,000 and even a $50,000 offering each month.
· Daily Freerolls into the $100k Weekly - Daily freeroll
to win your seat in the weekly Sunday $100,000.
· Online Bracelet Freerolls - From 1-14 May, enter the daily freeroll to win your seat into WSOP Event#10.
· 24/7 WSOP Satellites - From 1 May to 13 July, players can win their way to the live WSOP in Las Vegas by participating in the myriad of satellite
· Blast Poker for All - Nevada and Delaware players get the ultimate Sit & Go experience, with the opportunity to play for a prize pool of up to 10,000 times original buy-in. Details here.
“We can’t wait for our existing players and hopefully a host of first-time players to experience the new WSOP.com,” said WSOP.com’s Head of Online Poker Bill Rini. “With the advent of tri-state shared liquidity, we have completely revamped our tournament schedules, our cash games offerings, our loyalty program and our promotional calendar to deliver the best online poker experience in this new world order.”
The combining of players will allow customers in all three states to play against each other for the very first time, allowing for better game selection, larger prize pools, wider time zone coverage and expanded tournament offerings. WSOP.com uses GeoComply and their dynamic geolocation technology for compliance across the tri-state pool.
(Poker is a peer-to-peer game, and not a house-backed game, relying on an abundance of players to get meaningful poker games going. The term “shared liquidity” is industry vernacular describing the method of previously segregated poker platforms combining to allow those previously segregated players access to the same shared pool).
For the first time ever, New Jersey poker players will be able to enter the official online WSOP gold bracelet events, alongside those participants in Nevada. The official online WSOP gold bracelet schedule is as follows:
· Sunday, 3 June - 3:30 p.m. PT - $365 No-Limit
re-entry; 1 day) - Event 10
· Friday, 22 June - 3:30 p.m. PT - $565 6-Handed Pot-Limit Omaha
(unlimited re-entry; 1 day) - Event 47
· Friday, 29 June - 3:30 p.m. PT - $1,000 No-Limit Hold’em (unlimited re-entry; 1 day) - Event 61
· Saturday, 30 June - 3:30 p.m. PT -- $3,200 High Roller No-Limit Hold’em; unlimited re-entry; 1 day Event 63
With all the positive changes in store, WSOP.com has also decided to improve its loyalty program, allowing Nevada and New Jersey players the opportunity to be part of the same club. The new and enhanced loyalty club will be called “Poker Rewards” and will allow players to achieve an industry best - up to a 32% rake
back based on their participation. As a result of these changes, Total Rewards levels will be removed from Poker Rewards as to not confuse with offline Diamond and above levels.
An overview of the new Poker Rewards is as follows:
· Player (Monthly) - 0-199 APP’s ($0-$99 in rake) = 0% rake back
· Bronze (Monthly) - 200-749 APP’s ($100-$324 in rake) = 8% rake back
· Silver (Monthly) - 750-1,499 APP’s ($325-$749 in rake) = 20% rake back
· Elite (Monthly) - 1,500-19,999 APP’s ($750-$9,999 in rake) = 25% rake back
· Champions Club (Annual) - 20,000+ APP’s ($10,000+ in rake) = 32% rake back
The change will require existing and new players in Delaware and Nevada to register for a new account and download the new poker software. Existing players in New Jersey will be ready to play when shared liquidity goes live without the need to create a new account or pre-register, while new players must create an account. Plenty of benefits are in store for all WSOP.com account holders once the interstate compact goes into effect.
The Pot Got Bigger: A future announcement will detail WSOP.com’s planned summer schedule. The schedule of course will include the signature WSOP satellites, offering entrance into the most popular live poker events at the WSOP in Las Vegas. In addition, the 25 Seat Scramble
returns July 1st, with 25 WSOP Main Event seats guaranteed to be won. In all, $15,000,000 in guaranteed events are on tap, all to players participating on WSOP.com.Promotions and tournaments subject to change. Players should refer to tournament lobby and promotions page for latest offerings.