Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    GPWA Gary's Avatar
    GPWA Gary is offline GPWA Editorial Staff
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts

    Default Affiliate Interview Series -- Debi -- jinnia

    Name:  debi_AIS_hdr.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  10.9 KB


    Age: 56
    Hometown: Springfield, Missouri
    City currently residing in: Springfield, Missouri
    Favorite food: Jalapeño Chopped Sirloin
    One book everyone must read: Brain Dead by Eileen Dreyer
    Sites: americanplayersonline.com
    gamblingadvertisements.com (jointly owned with jod5413)
    casinosandplayersonline.com (jointly owned with jod5413)


    You’ve posted that your first online gambling site, on Ezboard, was called “Insomniacs Lounge.” When was that? How did you get from there to where you are today? And what’s the story on your battle with a casino pitboss?
    I started Insomniacs Lounge on 09/21/03, mainly due to the battle with the “pitboss,” and I needed something to keep my mind busy.

    In March of 2005, I decided to buy my first domain, Online Casinos and Players, and I made a site with a forum. Then a second – Gamblers-Lounge, a fourth domain – Insomniacs Lounge, and added a few more. In October 2007, a medical issue hit, and I started selling all sites. Since my condition began improving, the itch came back. I began to buy more domains. I have 3 sites live now (there were 4 – sold one not long ago) – two regular sites, and the third is a community board.

    About the pitboss . . . Long story, but I’ll detail part of it.It started in January of 2003 when I was refused my winnings. I finally just let it go, forgot about it. Then in May of 2003 I began getting several bank notices of overdrafts on my checking account. I checked the account and I was completely shocked. 72 “unauthorized” charges from a gaming site (same place that refused my winnings) with 17 more charges sitting as “preauth,” waiting to hit my account in June. I contacted them about it numerous times, first getting nothing but the runaround, then hanging up the phone, refusing to talk once I told them who was calling. I was told it was one of the “pay” services doing it. I called that service; they told me it was not them and informed me that the gaming site had done it. I contacted this gaming site, again! They then said it was the other pay service. I contacted the second one and found that I had been lied to again. So it was Google time, and that’s when I found my first gambling board, Casinomeister. I posted about my issue, and the pitboss appeared, which was John Shepard of Prism Casino, or at least that’s the name he used during my issue. Poor Meister, his board became a battleground. The pitboss and I did not just butt heads, we locked horns! They sent a “contract” for me to sign. I made changes within it, and they didn’t like the changes. Casinomeister agreed to advocate, but due to a hard-drive crash, I didn’t have the proof I had saved, or so I thought. Later on my roommate put the hard-drive in another computer, and found all my saved files, etc. By that time I was worn out, nerves shot. I told Casinomeister I was sorry, but just let it go. I posted that I had lied about everything. Why did I do that? Who knows? I just wanted it over and forgotten. My mother’s death happened just a few months before this all started. Going through that, running every day and night to take care of my father, dealing with the bank, dealing with the pitboss, working at getting a loan to bring my bank account out of the red – I couldn’t take any more, at that time.

    That’s when the Ezboard came about. The late Lanidar and I started searching for any and all information on this casino, and posted it on the Ezboard, including the main company behind this casino. We posted something they did not like, and they made their way into the backend and deleted the entire board. Just a blank screen was all that was left!


    Do you gamble online? If so, what do you play?
    Yes, I gamble online, but not as often these last couple of years.
    I am addicted to the slot machines.


    Your sites, starting with their very names, unapologetically target American players. Why did you decide to go this route in the aftermath of UIGEA?
    First, I do not agree with the way the U.S. government continues to control our “personal” lives. Second, I do not like being witness to democracy being slaughtered in this country. I suppose it is one of my ways of rebelling against the UIGEA.


    What are the biggest problems you face in marketing to U.S. players?
    Finding good, reputable gaming sites to promote that accepts the U.S. players.


    How long was it before your sites started earning you money?
    The Ezboard site began earning an income within the first 3 weeks of going live. The late Lanidar, the administrator and my great friend, actually made the first income. We both owned Insom.

    In your opinion, does the fact that all of your sites are GPWA approved make any difference to prospective players?
    I would need to have a survey on that before I would know. Personally, I like the GPWA seal on a casino portal, for the webmaster has earned it, and that means a lot to me.

    How did you discover the GPWA? Has membership helped you in any way? Describe the difference for you between being a public member and a private member.
    Mrracetrack was the very first person to mention the GPWA to me, and then during my issue with Prism Casino, SlyCin offered to help. She was owner/president of the GPWA back then.

    GPWA membership has helped me in meeting and making new friends, and in finding enough information, positive or negative, about casinos and affiliate programs to decide if I will promote them or not.

    To be honest, I find more helpful information in the public area of GPWA; I seldom venture into the private areas.

    What would you tell someone just starting out in the industry to look for in choosing prospective affiliate programs to work with?
    Check at GPWA and GIA for any information on the affiliate program, and always Google the programs and their brands for complaints against them. Are there a few minor complaints, or several major complaints?

    If you had to pick five keys to success as an affiliate, what would they be, and why?
    If you could change one thing (besides the UIGEA) about the online gaming industry, what would it be, and why?
    I’d like to know 5 keys to success myself (smile).
    A clean design for their site, user-friendly navigation, promoting reputable casinos, having good content, good SEO and keeping a good relationship with the casino and affiliate managers. That’s six.

    One thing I would change is to do away with the outrageous bonuses. Too many restrictions attached to them.

    Do you use Facebook and/or other social networks to promote your sites? If so, how? If not, why not?
    I stay away from social networks. The community boards take up more of my time than I prefer. I do Digg and Mixx, a little.

    Besides the opportunity to make money, what motivates you to continue working so hard in this industry?
    Make money? Are we supposed to be doing that?? [smile]

    The challenge! Working hours a day for weeks, lately months, to create a site, and find good content / information to place on it. There will always be online gamblers, and that means issues will always happen. I like assisting with these issues.

    What’s the most difficult thing about operating your sites, and what annoys you or distracts you the most when you’re trying to get some work done? The most difficult thing lately is putting together my own design. The last 2 years or so, I used a premade design and altered it a little.
    What distracts and annoys me? The people in my offline life. It seems every time I feel like working on a site, someone wants to start talking, asking for help with this or that. It never fails!! I always give them the time.

    What do your friends and family think of your work as an affiliate?
    My online friends are all affiliates except for 4, and they are online players. Among my offline friends and family, only 7 know about what I do. One is an ex-CIA agent and he thinks it is OK, but shows no interest in it. Another one asks questions on how to become an affiliate. My son says it’s risky, but he would, because he’s an ex-police officer. My daughter is OK with it. My dad says, “Whatever pays your bills.” [btw, that’s my dad and mom in the photo, with one of the eight Model A’s and Model T’s my dad restored] My uncle, a judge, says he’s glad I found something to do. My older sister is worried about the legal part of it. The rest of my siblings, we don’t communicate.

    If you could visit any three places in the world, what would they be, and why?
    To be truthful, there isn’t any place I’m interested in visiting. I’ve been through every state in the U.S., but I have no interest in seeing any part of another country.

    If you had 5 minutes with Barack Obama, how would you convince him that government regulation, not outright banning, is the smart way to go with online gambling?
    I’d explain to him how there will always be online gambling, so it would benefit the U.S. economy by taxation if it was legalized.All the U.S. will accomplish by fighting online gambling is to drive it underground.

    If you could have one "super power," what would it be? And why?
    Only one super power? Then that would be the power to heal. There is too much suffering, physical and mental, in this world.. If people can go through life with good health, they can be more productive in their work, whether it be on the job or at home.

    If you were casting a movie (with yourself in the starring role), who would play your romantic interest? And why?
    Sam Elliott. I love his voice, and the way he slightly bends his head and gazes up at a woman. Sexy eyes!

    Please tell us three things that nobody knows about you.
    Hmmm, there’s always at least one person who knows all things. [1] Kissing in the snow. [2] The sound of a gentle rain dancing upon a tin roof. [3] Lying beside a blazing fire, just relaxing and absorbing its warmth.

    Finally, please enlighten us: what the heck is a fender lizard? Hahaha!! A fender lizard is a “car hop,” a person who comes to your vehicle and takes a food order, then brings it to you. They don’t make as much income as a “lot lizard,” though. [chuckle]


  2. #2
    damiandunlap is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2002
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Great Interview. Jinnia is a great lady
    AdultBusinessUnion.com

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to damiandunlap For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  4. #3
    TrishOZ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    296
    Blog Entries
    33
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 58 Times in 51 Posts

    Default

    Another great affiliate interview, well done Debi!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to TrishOZ For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  6. #4
    Sportpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    These interviews are great, i've just joined gpwa and so far these are my fav thing

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sportpunter For This Useful Post:

    damiandunlap (8 October 2009), Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  8. #5
    Seal_1 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Great interview jinnia......You've come a long way.....

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Seal_1 For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  10. #6
    Jinnia is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Damian, Trish, Sportpunter, and Seal, Thank you, you all are so kind!!


    The attachment don't show, for me anyway.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jinnia For This Useful Post:

    damiandunlap (8 October 2009), TrishOZ (8 October 2009)

  12. #7
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,977
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,220 Posts

    Default

    Good stuff Debi! I'm glad you decided to continue on in the biz.

    ps...

    I adore Sam Elliot. Remember in Mask when he drove in on his motorcycle? OMG!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  14. #8
    ecobika's Avatar
    ecobika is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    this is a very controversal interview without any facts or looking like facts, if you like tales, you enjoy it, if you like facts, you say, hey it was waste of time to read it. You should deliver more facts, if your intention is to help others in this business. I don't like this interview...

  15. #9
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,977
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,220 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecobika View Post
    this is a very controversal interview without any facts or looking like facts, if you like tales, you enjoy it, if you like facts, you say, hey it was waste of time to read it. You should deliver more facts, if your intention is to help others in this business. I don't like this interview...
    This is the 2nd time I've seen this person make a disparaging remark on an affiliate interview. Must be a hobby. Maybe we'll get to see an interview from ecobika so he can show us how it's done.

    Hope you disregard that comment jinnia. It's a great interview !

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  17. #10
    ecobika's Avatar
    ecobika is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    This is the 2nd time I've seen this person make a disparaging remark on an affiliate interview. Must be a hobby. Maybe we'll get to see an interview from ecobika so he can show us how it's done.

    Hope you disregard that comment jinnia. It's a great interview !
    maybe some misunderstanding, disparaging is not a good word here. Simply do not like this kind of interview without facts. I see myself as persona non grata very soon.

  18. #11
    Jinnia is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Good stuff Debi! I'm glad you decided to continue on in the biz.

    ps...

    I adore Sam Elliot. Remember in Mask when he drove in on his motorcycle? OMG!
    Thank you mojo!!

  19. #12
    Jinnia is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecobika View Post
    this is a very controversal interview without any facts or looking like facts, if you like tales, you enjoy it, if you like facts, you say, hey it was waste of time to read it. You should deliver more facts, if your intention is to help others in this business. I don't like this interview...
    To each their own I say!

    But thank you for your response, it's appeciated!!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jinnia For This Useful Post:

    GFPC (16 October 2009)

  21. #13
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,106
    Thanked 980 Times in 642 Posts

    Default

    You certainly lack and respect or social skills. Its Debi's interview. Why don't you show some respect for people here, who go out of their way to share there thoughts and emotions.

    Or learn how to communicate with less hostility. To be frank, i do not care if you dislike this interview, but i do care that you are rude and offensive now with another member here.

    First it was with Chris, and now its with Debi.

    Why don't you learn some proper communication skills mate. Stop being mean spirited and show some respect.

    If you can manage 2/3 of these you will be a better person.

    Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by ecobika View Post
    this is a very controversal interview without any facts or looking like facts, if you like tales, you enjoy it, if you like facts, you say, hey it was waste of time to read it. You should deliver more facts, if your intention is to help others in this business. I don't like this interview...

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to GFPC For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  23. #14
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,106
    Thanked 980 Times in 642 Posts

    Default

    WONDERFUL INTERVIEW!!!! BRAVO!!

    That was a serious great interview Debi. I especially like your frankness. You say it as you see it, and have a bit of a rebellious side to yah!!!! I like that.

    Also glad i got to sort of meet you via the Pms.... you seem like a vry nice person.

    Thank you so much sincerely for doing the interview!!

    Steve

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to GFPC For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  25. #15
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,119
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 226 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Good story... sorry to hear about your Virtual Casino experience. Tej Kohli operations are best to avoid at all costs as it is just a road to heartache.
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to eaton2003 For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  27. #16
    Jinnia is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    WONDERFUL INTERVIEW!!!! BRAVO!!

    That was a serious great interview Debi. I especially like your frankness. You say it as you see it, and have a bit of a rebellious side to yah!!!! I like that.

    Also glad i got to sort of meet you via the Pms.... you seem like a vry nice person.

    Thank you so much sincerely for doing the interview!!

    Steve
    Awww, thank you Steve!! I truly appreciate your kind words!!!

    I am nice, until someone brings out the indian in me ... smile
    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between" - Oscar Wilde

  28. #17
    Jinnia is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaton2003 View Post
    Good story... sorry to hear about your Virtual Casino experience. Tej Kohli operations are best to avoid at all costs as it is just a road to heartache.
    Thank you eaton!

    Yes eaton, I learned the hard way about Tej and Amit.
    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between" - Oscar Wilde

  29. #18
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 214 Times in 163 Posts

    Default

    Say it like it is Jinnia a good quality I seldom see in others. Thoroughly enjoyed the interview!

    I remember Prism Casino burnt me as well. They refused my withdrawal stating they were not in the business of giving out money. Yeah I know could not figure it out either lol.

    greek39

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to pgaming For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  31. #19
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Posts
    2,090
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    224
    Thanked 220 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Ecobika, You are a downright rude person. Jinnia was sharing her thoughts with us and giving us an insight into her life. The interview was not meant to be factual. I for one found it very interesting because she has been a member of forums I belong to for as long as I remember, so I am interested in her personal life. I do not come here just to gather facts.

    Whilst this may be your only purpose - why not keep your nasty thoughts to yourself. I have not seen one fact come out of you in all 8 of your posts - 7 of which have just been to stir things up.

    Surely a little courtesy is not much to ask for? The fact that you are lurking on these boards tells me that you must be getting some sort of valuable information, so why not give some back rather than making comments that are only designed to hurt feelings?

    If you took the trouble to get to know the members here, you would find that it is a community of friends - not just a community of "facts"

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Topboss For This Useful Post:

    GFPC (16 October 2009), giggles7p (18 October 2009), Jinnia (27 May 2012)

  33. #20
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,106
    Thanked 980 Times in 642 Posts

    Default

    Well said Heather!!!!!! I would kiss ya if you were in front of me.

    Heather sticks up for her crew!

    Steve


    Quote Originally Posted by topboss View Post
    Ecobika, You are a downright rude person. Jinnia was sharing her thoughts with us and giving us an insight into her life. The interview was not meant to be factual. I for one found it very interesting because she has been a member of forums I belong to for as long as I remember, so I am interested in her personal life. I do not come here just to gather facts.

    Whilst this may be your only purpose - why not keep your nasty thoughts to yourself. I have not seen one fact come out of you in all 8 of your posts - 7 of which have just been to stir things up.

    Surely a little courtesy is not much to ask for? The fact that you are lurking on these boards tells me that you must be getting some sort of valuable information, so why not give some back rather than making comments that are only designed to hurt feelings?

    If you took the trouble to get to know the members here, you would find that it is a community of friends - not just a community of "facts"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •