Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    bb1web's Avatar
    bb1web is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Posts
    1,481
    Thanks
    592
    Thanked 412 Times in 252 Posts

    Default Att Aff Managers: Theif's Payspark acct # and his name

    thank you for coming in,

    I don't hesitate to post this publicly since i found the information where it is suppose to be my name and my payment information, ... inside my affiliate account.




    Ly Duc Trong

    489a/23a/198 Huynh Van Banh, P13, Phu Nhuan
    Ho Chi Minh 70000
    Vietnam


    Payspark acct # 00074290001

    email
    ly.trong89@gmail.com

    PaySpark
    I know I am far from being the first person to have this happen to them. It is getting out of control.

    Aff programs have the power to greatly reduce this by simply helping find the culprit such as in this case.

    I am told this payspark account is likely 4 years old. WTF? they must be well-versed in this game.

    Aff managers, please search for the name, the account number, and close them down!

    Thank you very much

    ps

    this was noted by another who has been victim

    i did notice these guys doing this only pick on small balance accounts
    ones they think wont get noticed
    And if the thief is reading this, I take comfort in knowing that you live with knowing you aren't capable of making a living the way the rest of the world does, so you are reduced to the actions of the very lazy or perhaps feeble-minded whom can't earn a living a normal way. sorry excuse for a human being.




    updated to add

    this is a conversation with another aff, who also has been ripped-off.

    it is a problem which is growing and this thief seemingly has access to our accounts to such extent that they are able to pick and choose ... going after the smaller numbers so that we (affs) don't notice the money not being there, until way late, if ever.

    Check your income folks. all of it.


    Check your payment details every month before payments go out if you'd like to avoid my fate.

    HTML clipboard his was persons info
    ADDRESS1=3/8 Phu Dong Thien Vuong F11 Q5,ADDRESS2=,CITY=Ho Chi Minh,ZIPCODE=70000,STATE=n/a,COUNTRY=VNM,
    FNAME=Nguyen,
    LNAME=Ngoc Yen,
    DOB=25-04-1988
    Steve says:
    its always vietnam too
    affiliate says:
    prob same person
    Steve says:
    agreed
    affiliate says:
    wait
    Steve says:
    can I post that info you provided about the thief?
    I won't tell where i got it
    affiliate says:
    this is what conrad had said in email
    From what I can gather, they then proceeded to open a yahoo account under the same username as this account and altered
    the password only. Shortly thereafter they updated the banking details from Pay Spark to Money Bookers using the following
    account edward.sibre@gmail.com for Money Bookers
    Steve says:
    ya they opened a yahoo account with my domain name as the before the @
    affiliate says:
    then what they did was write conrad asking about payment
    and conrad was like hmm
    doesnt sound like us
    Steve says:
    can i post this stuff if i cross out your name
    at least the part about changing the ewallets from paysparks to moneybookers
    because i now that it was moneybookers last time i got hit
    affiliate says:
    this is what the person said
    I see in my account in Category: Reporting: Profit and Loss, Commission $ 304.5 for October. But I have not received payments on 10 Nov 2009 as you have updated at: https://www.gpwa.org/affiliate-program/star-partner
    Do you not accept payment through Paypal? Before that I had updated my account to receive money is moneyearn30@yahoo.com (Paypal) but I have not received payment from you. So
    So I was to update the new payment method Moneybookers as you just update me.
    Steve says:
    so the payspark account might be either fake or already closed out
    affiliate says:
    no
    paypal is what he tried first
    Steve says:
    but then again , ... I assume that VA paid the money to the payspark account last month
    affiliate says:
    well paypal hasnt been accepted for long time
    Steve says:
    true
    affiliate says:
    then he went to moneygram
    which we got that account shut down
    prob has done with other things
    like eco card, etc
    payspark i think would be last choice
    cuz they have copied docs
    like copies of bills to address
    DL
    Almost Here! How would you like to be able to get not just one sign up from your player, or even a couple, but every single casino they join from here on? I've a plan that can make that happen and it will likely also tell you every time the player is active within the casino.

    Gambling Affiliate Place
    Slot Machine Games
    Casinos Accepting USA Players
    Real Time Gaming Slots
    slots tip
    avoid non paying casinos

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to bb1web For This Useful Post:

    thepokerkeep (20 May 2010)

  3. #2
    bb1web's Avatar
    bb1web is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Posts
    1,481
    Thanks
    592
    Thanked 412 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    BTW: Kudos to Vegas Affs for getting right on this.

    they are attempting to stop the payment which was already sent.
    Almost Here! How would you like to be able to get not just one sign up from your player, or even a couple, but every single casino they join from here on? I've a plan that can make that happen and it will likely also tell you every time the player is active within the casino.

    Gambling Affiliate Place
    Slot Machine Games
    Casinos Accepting USA Players
    Real Time Gaming Slots
    slots tip
    avoid non paying casinos

  4. #3
    offyourface is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 127 Times in 71 Posts

    Default

    This got me thinking just how safe our information is with all these affiliate programs. How come I don't see https in any of the affiliate programs after I login? Now I've never had any problems with my information being compromised, but with the kind of money on the table I would be pretty annoyed if my sensitive information is not 100% secure.

    Does anyone know if all affiliate programs use a secure server for our accounts? I thought I would see a lock or something at the bottom of the page.

    BTW sorry this is happening to you Steve. If the friggin loser spent half the time trying to build a legitimate business rather than stealing he would probably do just fine.

  5. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Sites that I know use https

    Cplanet
    Affactive
    AffClub
    BingoA2z
    Party Gaming

    Chipleader (cough...cough) (I knew that would make a few laugh)

    Interesting as before I looked I thought it might have been a bit more evenly balanced....

    Now none of this means they are not taking precautiions to protect our data.

    I would hope at the very least that passwords are stored in the database in encrypted format and that many (if not most) are behind hardware firewalls.

    I would hope that in most cases the database servers themselves are not on the internet and only reachable from inside the firewalls....

    ...but who knows....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    offyourface (24 May 2010)

  7. #5
    mickey417 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Be careful , he is very active now. He can use bank transfer, neteller, webmoney , player account transfer.
    I found his "activity" on few accounts - only there where i forgot about basic security terms. (my fault)
    He know this bussiness very good - is active only before payments and usually changing ewallet email or id number.
    My tip - each username and password should be different and not easy ( any strong password generator can be useful) or every payment before sending should be personally confirmed.


    his BANK acc:
    Payee Name Ly Duc Trong , Bank Name Donga Bank , Street 130 Phan Ðang Luu, P.3, Q. Phu Nhuan , Zip/Post Code 70000 , City/ Country Ho Chi Minh/ Viet Nam

    His adress (bank account owner)
    lyductrong@gmail.com
    Address 489a/23a/198 Huynh Van Banh, P13, Phu Nhuan
    Ho Chi Minh ZIP / Postal Code 70000 Country Vietnam Phone 0084986491900

    Neteller accounts:
    458623627111 and 458223630667 (duchungfx@yahoo.com)

    his.... website
    http://sameip.org/whois/fxsbs.com - offline but not expired - http://web.archive.org/web/201102080...p://fxsbs.com/


    he is forex and spread betting fan, single hobbit from Vietnam

    http://www.blogger.com/profile/03347453948012913968
    http://www.facebook.com/lyduc.trong.5/info
    Last edited by mickey417; 4 May 2012 at 11:09 pm.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mickey417 For This Useful Post:

    Anthony-Coral (7 May 2012), bonustreak (16 June 2012), justbookies (19 June 2012), mojo (16 June 2012)

  9. #6
    bonustreak's Avatar
    bonustreak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 267 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    We are his most recent victims... Affiliate programs need to get more secure this guy is thriving on stealing from hard working decent people! If this was happening 2 yrs ago and still ongoing can you imagine all the money he is stealing? Programs need better security! If payment details change or an email changes anything in our affiliate accounts you need to send an alert! I wish we could find his method so we can fight against this!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to bonustreak For This Useful Post:

    mojo (16 June 2012)

  11. #7
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    This happened to me not to long ago. It was AE and the perps were from Viet Nam. They got into my acct and changed the payment details. Luckily Martyn stopped them cold!

    If payment details change or an email changes anything in our affiliate accounts you need to send an alert!
    Absolutly.

  12. #8
    bonustreak's Avatar
    bonustreak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 267 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    It is the same guy I can bet you that! Do a google and you can see what the dweeb looks like, he even has a fb ... He is not scared, he does not hide because he is getting by with this now for 2 yrs! He is bold...

  13. #9
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    About 4-5 years ago this happened to an aff with us and at the time I decided that the best thing to do would be to make the aff account so that only we can change the email address on the account - since we have such good relationships with affs we know pretty quickly when the email is not the affiliate because of writing style etc.
    We are also notified if the payment details change and an email is sent to the email address on the aff account. So if the details are changed, you are notified immediately since they can't change the email address, and so are we, so if you miss the email, we are on it.

    We are also on https.
    Since we switched to this method, I could count the number of times this has happened on a few fingers

    For the people this has happened to with this vietnamese guy, if you could forward me any info you have on the payment methods - neteller, moneybookers etc, I will have our risk guys get in touch with the ewallets and have the accounts closed. It may not stop them, as I did this when the guy took over Steve's account and he seems to have gotten new details, but it might slow him down for a bit.

    Cheers
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    bonustreak (19 June 2012)

  15. #10
    tg12345 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 105 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Same guy that got into a few of my accounts...

  16. #11
    bonustreak's Avatar
    bonustreak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 267 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    Will send the info I have but the bad thing with Web Wallet is that they do not require a name to send money, this is a hackers dream! I need to know this bastards method, I am obsessed with taken him down and making sure others do not become victims!! He is daily still trying to hack our accounts & is not been as luck as he was the first few times!!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to bonustreak For This Useful Post:

    Renee (19 June 2012)

  18. #12
    tg12345 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 105 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Just found another account he got into...probably got paid this time too. I panicked last time and changed all my biggest accounts...then I got bored and lazy. He uses "betting.spread@yahoo.com" as well. That's where my new password requests have been going...BetCave isn't very responsive.

  19. #13
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Its a real shame this crap has to happen to affiliates. On my part I will be very aware of this account in the futre. Thanks for the heads up!

  20. #14
    tg12345 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 105 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, I've begun to appreciate the programs that make changing info a bit of a pain. I'd rather have to confirm changing an email address or payment method verbally or on chat or something...

  21. #15
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tg12345 View Post
    Just found another account he got into...probably got paid this time too. I panicked last time and changed all my biggest accounts...then I got bored and lazy. He uses "betting.spread@yahoo.com" as well. That's where my new password requests have been going...BetCave isn't very responsive.
    Tim does he use this email address for any ewallets?
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  22. #16
    bonustreak's Avatar
    bonustreak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 267 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    He uses many different emails on a google search they have several listed that he uses!

  23. #17
    Azureus's Avatar
    Azureus is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 73 Times in 44 Posts

    Default WTF is this

    How do you think this vietnamese guy gets into all the accounts and changes your payment details?

    Apparently, he somehow knows how to eavesdrop your password. More information from those who he stole money from would definitely help!

    I know it isn't easy but maybe... are you using the same password everywhere? Did you download something suspisious? A phishing email maybe? Does https REALLY make a difference - were all the affected programs http-only?
    These are some important questions.

    I find it quite impressive that he somehow logged into accounts of so many affiliates.
    And I find it not so impressive that some programs don't really care when your address changes from US to Ho Chi Minh (that's Saigon formerly) and your new name is Lu-Duc-Whatever.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Azureus For This Useful Post:

    F-L-C (22 June 2012)

  25. #18
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    True that. I do not believe he bruteforced all of those passwords. I am leaning towards database leakage. And hell there's a simple simple solution. After registration gray out Country or Residence and Name. Nobody should need to change the name, this is just common sense. Those who need to change the country, need to contact AMs.

    Many gaming companies (video games) have done this to prevent account stealing etc.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to xecutable For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (12 February 2016)

  27. #19
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Paddy Partners also seems to have a similar breach --- (insanely strong password not used elsewhere).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •