Removed
Removed
Last edited by CasinoCompany.com; 22 March 2012 at 2:41 pm. Reason: The company contacted us promising to send a wire tomorrow, we'll see :)
I searched but I didn't find the affiliate program betislands, i will appreciate it if somebody can tell me or do I have to look
DON'T TRUST BetIslands.com (now .ag), in September we'll update this thread with an interesting story about their marketing strategy to cheat affiliates and to pay just a small % of their earnings only after months of repeated complaints ... Tons of promises of a prompt payment but it has been very, very hard for us getting paid a couple of months of earnings ... They still own us over 50% of our JAN 2012 balance and all matured earnings from March until today.
Many promises but nothing has been done yet and every time we need to send a dozens of emails before getting a single reply and a new promise of payment (next week, next month ...) still again: nothing happens and new emails once again.
If they'll pay us, we'll update this thread of course otherwise in September we'll post our full story ... Don't believe to my words, try by yourself of course![]()
I haven't been paid a cent! Commissions outstanding since Sept 2011! Check out this thread, and NEVER EVER promote BetIslands. They only open the program for the start of football season, then disappear. https://www.gpwa.org/forum/beware-do...ag-207066.html
Free sports picks, betting tips, and sportsbook reviews.
http://www.Sportsbook-Ratings.net
Follow me on Twitter, and I'll follow back!
http://twitter.com/Sportsbook_SRN
Like me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/Sportsbook.Ratings.net
This also belongs in the unethical behavioural reports.
Thanks for the warning. It might be worth finding other affiliates who have had these issues to try another program.
We would like to also response. We got 20+ players to sign up as well with Nick and Jon.... Well time went by and they said they were having some software issues so they were tracking our players "manually". Well time went by (3 months or so) and their software was back up and working. After 5+ emails to Jon and BetIsland they finally gave us a working link to log in. When we logged in not a single one of our new people were listed there. We wrote to Jon right away and he "CLAIMED" that those users didn't play any more so their accounts were 'inactive' and thats why we couldn't see their statistics and such. When we very well knew that 6 of them for sure had played and deposited as they had posted in our gambling forums at our website that they did. I sent a message back to Jon (Now 4 messages) on why they were closed when we know they are active players and he has failed to respond...
DON'T TRUST BETISLAND.COM
Hello GPWA,
Betislands has decided not to do business with affiliates because honestly all we get is low conversion or close to nothing and sites like the one from the gentelman above , asking for special no deposit freeplays for his clients.
We are one of the best sportsbooks out there we rather deal with one or 2 sponsors and that works for us , I urge affiliates to stop promoting us any active players you have you will get credit for but we do not need or want to deal with " affiliates " anymore this is nothing personal but something that we have decided after a series of unfortunate events by some of the other " affiliates ". After we moved facilities we changed to new servers and some data could not be retrieved everyone has always gotten paid from us we are one of the fastest payout sportsbooks on the net.
My personal email is my name jon and our domain ( betislands.ag) feel free to contact me there directly.
One of our guys has been updated (via email) by Jon @BetIslands that we will be paid the money our site is owed. We will update you once the funds are sent to us and the check clears. We will updated again as soon as we are paid and delete our complaint with them when this happens. We will also do the same on any other sites that we have made a complaint against them at as well.
Thanks
CappersJungle.Com Team
Please do not delete the original post above, but let one of the moderators here know and we will update the thread title etc appropriately. Therefore the continuity of this thread remains intact.
This is quite an interesting move by Bet Islands, I have personally not ever take a look at their program but am certainly glad I didn't waste the time. Whether I would have ever sent them a whole lot of traffic or conversions aside, I think their decision is short-sighted, as even small affiliates that never send much traffic or conversions does help the long term branding of a brand offered.
Small affiliates do not "cost" you but I think in the long term losing all that branding now... time will tell.
Rick
Universal4
Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
Casino Affiliate Programs
Hosting and Domain Names
Gambling Industry Association
GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!
Too damn late he deleted the post as I was hitting the submit button....
Rick
Universal4
Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
Casino Affiliate Programs
Hosting and Domain Names
Gambling Industry Association
GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!
What got deleted do you know? We had a post that was deleted too.
We just wrote that we did get an email back from Jon from BetIsland and said that we would be paid. We will update this thread when we get paid and such.
Enjoy the weekend everyone.
CappersJungle
I do NOT see any deleted posts from you and being a mod here if any were I could see them.
What was deleted was the original poster edited out his original post, but no other deletions or edits in this thread have taken place.
Rick
Universal4
Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
Casino Affiliate Programs
Hosting and Domain Names
Gambling Industry Association
GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!
We must not have hit the Submit button right..
Our post that we thought that was deleted was just like we stated above that Jon from BetIsland has been in contact with one of our guys (via email) after we made this post stating that we would be paid what is owed to us.
Once we get that money we will update this thread again... And the places that we have posted our story we will update and take back the things about BetIsland that were said and thank them for doing the right thing.
This is an absolute lie. I have never received a single cent from you, Jon.
1) If you have decided "not to do business with affiliates", why don't you REMOVE THE AFFILIATE WEBSITE? Clearly you just want to siphon some free referrals.
2) Perhaps, if you would actually communicate with your affiliates, provide the bare essentials for marketing materials, PAY commissions instead of tagging them all 'UNDER REVIEW', or in some way deal ethically with your affiliates...you may have success with affiliate marketing.
I can't believe you actually made an appearance on this forum to spout such nonsense.
Free sports picks, betting tips, and sportsbook reviews.
http://www.Sportsbook-Ratings.net
Follow me on Twitter, and I'll follow back!
http://twitter.com/Sportsbook_SRN
Like me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/Sportsbook.Ratings.net
I'm reposting this from the 'Private' forum, so the public members may see it....
"I try to see the best in all situations, but this is one instance where I should've listened to my gut right at the start. BetIslands.ag, was .com, opened last year. The name has been around, but it was purchased by Jon Kreta, formerly of WagerChief. Their sportsbook has received great feedback from players, which led me to pursue an affiliate relationship with them. Their T&C's were a bit wacky, but I still began to promote them heading into the 2011 football season (American). All of their banners were MLB only, and my first red flag was that Jon was really terrible at answering emails. He always had an excuse when he would finally answer. He would smooth things over, and promise the world...but only when I removed their links from my sites.
I got a few players there, and got my balance up to to a modest $250. These commissions were removed from my account balance, and flagged as 'under review'. Hmmm. Another email...more silence...remove links...get a reply. Commissions restored, I was holding out for payment prior to replacing the links. Promises...no delivery.
Football season ended. Then BetIslands.com transitioned to the .ag tld. The affiliate program link was still at the bottom of the page, but it just directed to the home page. Then, magically, the link and the affiliate program was live again...one week before the 2012 NFL season was set to kickoff. Jon had always been cordial and continually expressed an interest in developing a business relationship. So I reached out, put the past behind me, but I wasn't going to promote without certain conditions being met. I was ignored. Then a couple of days ago, I received a sales email from BetIslands. The email opened with a catchy "With the basketball and hockey seasons completed and football nearly a weeks away...". I replied to this message with "Have Jon return my emails". No answer from Jon. So I sent Jon one last email asking for a response...and a response I received! I will copy/paste it below, followed by my response.
The bottom line is that BetIslands only opens their program to syphon new players for football season, apparently without any intention of paying commissions. Mr. Kreta may be loved by players, but eventually the way you treat your affiliates will trickle down and eventually catch up with the players, as well. Stay away!
Hi Nathan,
These are old stats from our old server your players are practically all inactive the traffic you sent vs the traffic that you promised was rather different.
For this reason I am shutting down the affiliate program , affiliates are no longer able to send quality traffic or at least in any amounts that would interest us as a company.
Jon
----------My Response---------
Jon,
This is quite a different tune than you were singing a year ago. (See your emails below...the few that you sent, anyway) I stopped sending you traffic when it was apparent that your communication to affiliates was extremely poor. You continually stated that you desired a business relationship with me, yet you never once delivered on a single promise made. Whether your stats are old or not, you owe me money. Tagging my commissions as "under review" is a nice smoke screen. I'm sure your intent was to never pay commissions.
I'm quite happy with the x new depositors that I sent to your competitors this week. I'm relieved that you finally revealed your true self, as the way a book does business with their affiliates eventually carries over to the way they treat their players. You can keep my $500, and I'll be happy to refer people away from your site. Shutting down the program was the right decision, as you will never be able to attract established affiliates with the way you run the program.
PS: I've referred x new players to x since January 1. I can see how you wouldn't be interested in that, but they are.
---
"Hi,
Thank you for the email and my apologies for the delayed response our mail
server has been some issues as of late and I am just not getting emails ,
please feel free to contact me at sportsprize@gmail.com for any further
questions until our new mail server is in place.
Your balance has been re credited into the account that was just a
standard procedure to check all aff balances , I would like to work on our
relationship and hopefully grow our package and get some more traction
going my apologies if our affiliate program has not been given much " love
" in the past few months but we have grown beyond expectations and the work
load has def increased.
Please let me know , how we can move on forward.
Jon"
---
"Hi.
Thanks for your email and my apologies if this response comes in a delayed
fashion but my email seems to be having some issues. If you do send me an
email in the future and you do recieve a response from me within 24 hours
please email jonbetislands@gmail.com.
Please note that our affiliate payments go out on the 1st of each Month
therefore our cut offs are the last calenday day per month.
Bankwires and person to person payouts are a few of our most user friendly
options.
Cheers,
Jon"
---
"Hi,
Thank you for the reply and allowing our links to remain on your sites.
I would be more than happy to come up with a strategy to continue to grow
our relationship even after we have gone invite only , this would give you
alot of exclusivity with us.
By banners you mean the ones we talked about casino banners? we have also
have some NBA banners in the making.
Thanks and have a great day,
Jon"
Last edited by Potsie; 15 September 2012 at 3:21 am.
Free sports picks, betting tips, and sportsbook reviews.
http://www.Sportsbook-Ratings.net
Follow me on Twitter, and I'll follow back!
http://twitter.com/Sportsbook_SRN
Like me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/Sportsbook.Ratings.net
Good luck with that. I wish you well, and he may just pay up, just to quiet this forum down. For me, payment is secondary to the scandalous way he is going about this. I find it laughable that he says he has shut down the affiliate program, yet he is happy to leave the affiliate website up so he can get some free promotion from affiliates. He is clearly anti-affliate, and I would never be interested in promoting any brand that he is associated with in the future.
"This is nothing personal" Yes it is, Jon. You steal from affiliates. You lie to your business partners. You just came on here and told us that we can't drive traffic. If that's not personal, I don't know what is. I don't care if you want to offer an affiliate program anymore or not, BUT YOU SHOULD AT LEAST INFORM YOUR AFFILIATES & REMOVE THE AFFILIATE SITE. To do anything less is unethical.
Free sports picks, betting tips, and sportsbook reviews.
http://www.Sportsbook-Ratings.net
Follow me on Twitter, and I'll follow back!
http://twitter.com/Sportsbook_SRN
Like me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/Sportsbook.Ratings.net
Just to update this board and the others where we have posted this story 100% we haven't been paid as of yet. We did send another message to him asking what he needed from us to get paid and we didn't get a response. I will update again in a few days if we hear nothing very soon. We will still stand by our original word and tell people not to deposit there until we are paid. We have posted this and will continue to post this in the forums here, sbr, capperslounge, cappersjungle, aaahandicappers, atstalk, cappersmall, therex, thefbz, freaksforum, and the other places we are a memeber of. Please post this on your twitter or facebook profiles as well to not deposit at their book.
Thanks
-CappersJungle.Com
I just was told so figured to be fair I better update.... One of our workers about 1/2 hour ago was contacted again by Jon to get western union info from us to get us paid. I have been told that has been sent back to BetIsland. I will update again when they send us an email if they have paid and when the money will be picked up.
-CappersJungle.Com
Thank you for sharing this information. We have updated our review to recommend bettors to stay away from this book.
http://f1-bettings.com/sportsbetting...ws/betislands/
Thanks. Enjoy your site. We will share on twitter and facebook as well. We continue to pass on the word as well on the non paying sportsbooks until they follow through.
We did send our WU info to BetIsland info like posted above at 1:52PM CST. Still no word back. Still no conformation or MTCN number as of now. Still awaiting the payment.