The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 808 Posts

Default Bidding war underway for bwin.party?

There are now two confirmed bidders for bwin.party. GVC Holding and 888 have each made bids for the online gaming giant. Whether one of the bids will be accepted, or a new suitor will emerge, remains to be seen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/19/bu...ling.html?_r=0

The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 808 Posts

Here's what 888 e-mailed investors about the potential bwin.party deal (No, Buzzy is not an investor. Buzzy does have sources ...)

Statement re: bwin.party digital entertainment plc ("bwin.party")
    The Board of 888 (the "Board") has noted the recent press speculation concerning a possible offer for bwin.party by 888 and RNS announcement by bwin.party. The Board believes that there is significant industrial logic in a combination of 888 and bwin.party, benefiting both companies and all shareholders and accordingly, has submitted a proposal regarding the acquisition of the entire issued and to be issued share capital of bwin.party for consideration comprising cash and 888 shares.

Due to the size of the proposed transaction, it would require, inter alia, the approval of 888 shareholders. 888 shareholders representing approximately 59% of 888's share capital have irrevocably committed, subject to customary conditions, to vote in favour of the proposed transaction.

There can be no certainty that the submission of this proposal will lead to the Company being selected as the proposed acquirer of bwin.party or, in turn, completing a transaction. A further update will be provided in due course.

A copy of this announcement will shortly be available at www.888holdingsplc.com.

The content of the website referred to in this announcement is not incorporated into and does not form part of this announcement.

upcoming is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Interesting

gyaloggalopp is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Couple of months ago there were talks about William Hill buying 888 (for 2-3 billion) and seems like they have found the only way to escape aquisition: buy a really big competitor and grow!

Thanks

Roumors say the GVC joined w/ Amaya and the offer is 1.5 billion euros. I think I can't link the source here as a newbie.

JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

ugh I hope not, amaya seem to be doing a good job screwing pokerstars and affiliates so far

Thanks

Yeah, that wouldn't be the best sign for Party's affiliates. But it would be logical for Amaya as they could obtain a brand that had been granted a 'clean sheet' before and don't have the bad reputation of PokerStars. If the could pave the way for other rooms in the US that would bring money for the whole industry, affiliates included. Problem is, too many woulds and coulds...

blackriver is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Ohh now I see why Amaya/Pokerstars decided to cut off affiliates... they need money for acquisition and paying off debt.

Christiaan is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I hope the one that takes over bwin.party will be better for its affiliates than bwin.party is at the moment. I don't have a good relationship with them.

ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,396 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan View Post
    I hope the one that takes over bwin.party will be better for its affiliates than bwin.party is at the moment. I don't have a good relationship with them.
    They also have serious problem with their affiliate system, I dont know why but since the day I've changed tracking to from the old system to the new bwin.party system I simply stop seeing new depositors in my account...