Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    APCW's Avatar
    APCW is offline Representative for the Association of Players, Casinos, and Webmasters
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    504
    Blog Entries
    126
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 775 Times in 287 Posts

    Default Burning the Ladbrokes Witch: APCW Perspectives for 29 September, 2017

    Ladbrokes CEO recently made some interesting
    comments in regard to Fixed Odds Betting Terminals.
    Plus, our old friends David Baazov and
    Buffalo Partners are back in the news.


    WATCH ON YOUTUBE



    Ladbrokes CEO: https://gaming-awards.com/NEWS/?p=32931
    David Baazov: https://gaming-awards.com/NEWS/?p=32931
    Buffalo and Betway: http://www.gpwa.org/forum/betway-par...rs-241537.html
    Fighting for trust, honesty and integrity
    in the online gambling industry!
    Facebook

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to APCW For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (1 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (29 September 2017)

  3. #2
    Roulette Zeitung's Avatar
    Roulette Zeitung is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,444
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    6,004
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 2,999 Posts

    Default

    5:40 - What really will happen to all Buffalo supporters sooner or later.
    Bowed back.
    Small, bushy tail.
    No girl friend.
    And the nagging question "Why I don't have sex anymore?"

    Please enjoy!

    Leopold

  4. #3
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 196 Times in 115 Posts

    Default

    Talking about "stupid", you are best off not making yourself look stupid. "FOTBs". An attention seeker after a bit of recognition. However doesn't mind creaming money off gamblers. Hypocrite.

  5. #4
    Integrity's Avatar
    Integrity is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2002
    Location
    Vegas State of Mind
    Posts
    1,592
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    847
    Thanked 943 Times in 363 Posts

    Default

    Well, mickyfu, I must say...

    First, kudos on such a creative screen name. It is introspective and perhaps even a bit personally revealing.

    Second, I don't know for a certain what you were going for in that post, as the grammar and sentence structure left it a bit ambiguous. However, I was able to glean enough to assume it was a shot at me personally... so again, kudos are in order.

    Now, I usually stay away from the forum because I am too busy to troll trolls. But, it's a slow day (and I did go to all the trouble of trying to decipher your garble) so you're in luck:

    I have not made any money off gamblers as an affiliate since 2006 (that would be a full seven years before you made the GPWA a better place simply by joining). So, if I am a hypocrite (by your standards) simply because I can morally draw a line between gambling for entertainment and the promotion of potentially harmful products then so be it. I am in good company.

    As for being an attention seeker, perhaps I am. I suppose I've been seeking attention for over 500 shows and countless interviews over the past decade. And, since I make my living doing video, have the respect of my peers, and have received numerous accolades I would say that I do an o.k. job.... much like all the other videos, blogs, articles and editorials pieces produced to "grab attention" in our industry.

    You are free to make your own videos if you think you have the knack... but my suspicion is you would lack the ability and/or motivation to do so. It's also very doubtful that you would be able to withstand the reciprocated criticism you so willing hand out. However, well-worded reviews of such works are obviously right up you alimentary alley.

    I eagerly await your articulated reply, as I am certain it will impress us all.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Integrity For This Useful Post:

    Webzcas (4 October 2017)

  7. #5
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 196 Times in 115 Posts

    Default

    Well my friend, I certainly won't waste my time on a long meaningless reply of complete and utter dross. Especially to a man in the know about gambling, however even fails with basic gambling abbreviations such as "FOBT", who runs a website with jack **** traffic. However your website is designed to attract affiliates (very poorly), who in turn attract gamblers. You are nothing short of a hypocrite. But hey, never mind.

    As for sentence structure, you really should look at your own.

    And here is the punch line, you can't even pronounce "FOBT" correctly. So run along child, you hypocrite.

    You know you have lost, when your only defence comes down to being a grammar Nazi, and a very poor one at that.

  8. #6
    Integrity's Avatar
    Integrity is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2002
    Location
    Vegas State of Mind
    Posts
    1,592
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    847
    Thanked 943 Times in 363 Posts

    Default

    LOL! Yer sorta thick, my compensating friend... with little, obvious jealousy sprinkles on top ....

    To begin, I do not own or run this site or the APCW, so good job on your homework. You also may want to apologize to the actual owner, Michael Corfman, before you look like a bigger d*ck than you already do (if that's possible).

    Second, there is a difference between transposing an abbreviation in a sentence and being so thick you can't recognize even the most remedial ethical issues of this industry.

    Lastly, your pathetic attempt at criticism revolves entirely around my misspoken FOTB/FOBT, which you use to somehow creatively support several other weak-minded assertions... but we understand you're doing the best you can.

    Arguing with you reminds me of trying to get my dog to stop licking it's ass... just a senseless waste of time.

  9. #7
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 196 Times in 115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity View Post
    LOL! Yer sorta thick, my compensating friend... with little, obvious jealousy sprinkles on top ....

    To begin, I do not own or run this site or the APCW, so good job on your homework. You also may want to apologize to the actual owner, Michael Corfman, before you look like a bigger d*ck than you already do (if that's possible).

    Second, there is a difference between transposing an abbreviation in a sentence and being so thick you can't recognize even the most remedial ethical issues of this industry.

    Lastly, your pathetic attempt at criticism revolves entirely around my misspoken FOTB/FOBT, which you use to somehow creatively support several other weak-minded assertions... but we understand you're doing the best you can.

    Arguing with you reminds me of trying to get my dog to stop licking it's ass... just a senseless waste of time.
    I guess you really think you are someone with your **** poor websites and pathetic YouTube channel. Big you hey. Talking about "THICK" "FOTB" Get a grip...
    Last edited by Anthony; 29 September 2017 at 6:50 pm. Reason: name calling

  10. #8
    Integrity's Avatar
    Integrity is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2002
    Location
    Vegas State of Mind
    Posts
    1,592
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    847
    Thanked 943 Times in 363 Posts

    Default

    CAN you read? At ALL???

    I do not own the website, Captain Attention Span. The GPWA does, so please address all comments to:

    Michael Corfman
    Owner, GPWA


    Now stop... read the above again to make sure you actually READ and UNDERSTOOD what was written. If there is an issue, please call your mother in to the room to read it for you.

    You have made three posts. You have referenced FOBT all three time. Obviously, you are a creative genius overflowing with imagination.

    I will be at G2E, if you care to discuss this further. I can even put you in a video so you, too, can feel important.... LMAO!

  11. #9
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline Affiliate Services/Moderator
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    In the City
    Posts
    6,677
    Blog Entries
    66
    Thanks
    1,873
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 1,639 Posts

    Default

    Alright guys, we are all entitled to our opinions, but the personal attacks have to stop.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  12. #10
    Integrity's Avatar
    Integrity is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2002
    Location
    Vegas State of Mind
    Posts
    1,592
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    847
    Thanked 943 Times in 363 Posts

    Default

    Um! Um! He started it.... humph! (looks away and pouts) lol

  13. #11
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 196 Times in 115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Alright guys, we are all entitled to our opinions, but the personal attacks have to stop.
    I do apologise, I just find it pretty sad when the gambling community is attacked by fellow affiliates. In my opinion, the FOBT's are no different than every day gambling, it all causes misery, which we are all well aware of.

  14. #12
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline Affiliate Services/Moderator
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    In the City
    Posts
    6,677
    Blog Entries
    66
    Thanks
    1,873
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 1,639 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity View Post
    Um! Um! He started it.... humph! (looks away and pouts) lol
    Doesn't matter who started it.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  15. #13
    Integrity's Avatar
    Integrity is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2002
    Location
    Vegas State of Mind
    Posts
    1,592
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    847
    Thanked 943 Times in 363 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickyfu View Post
    I do apologise, I just find it pretty sad when the gambling community is attacked by fellow affiliates. In my opinion, the FOBT's are no different than every day gambling, it all causes misery, which we are all well aware of.
    In the interest of civility, had you started with that statement and not the insults we could have saved some time. Just saying.

    I attacked Ladbrokes (just as I have gone after a great MANY programs who have screwed affiliates) so perhaps you have never seen a video before today.

    And, out of curiosity, if "it all causes misery" then what are you doing as a member of this community? Seems as if you have a conflict of interests.

  16. #14
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 196 Times in 115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity View Post
    Um! Um! He started it.... humph! (looks away and pouts) lol
    Lets take this back down to normality. How can you say that the FOBT's are any more different than every day pub fruitys, horse racing, greyhounds? They have all cause misery amongst families and so on.

  17. #15
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 196 Times in 115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity View Post
    In the interest of civility, had you started with that statement and not the insults we could have saved some time. Just saying.

    I attacked Ladbrokes (just as I have gone after a great MANY programs who have screwed affiliates) so perhaps you have never seen a video before today.

    And, out of curiosity, if "it all causes misery" then what are you doing as a member of this community? Seems as if you have a conflict of interests.
    I used to be a compulsive gambler, the reason I now do well in marketing the misery, it used to make me feel bad taking money off gamblers, because I have been there. I guess I learnt to bury my head in the sand. I could justify taking money via the thinking of "well if my website was not there, someone else would be taking that money". However unlike you, I no longer try to justify my ill gotten gains, via pretending I'm not part of it. As though I can say well, I may make money off gamblers, but at least it isn't the FOBT "victims" But as you say, you are not an affiliate any more, you just market for affiliates, who then do the dirty work of the dirty bookmakers, so I guess you are better hey?

  18. #16
    Integrity's Avatar
    Integrity is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2002
    Location
    Vegas State of Mind
    Posts
    1,592
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    847
    Thanked 943 Times in 363 Posts

    Default

    I am sorry to hear about your personal struggles. Thank you for sharing, and I see where some of your anger comes from. I personally do not have a moral conflict about affiliate marketing so long as it's done responsibly... and that is exactly what this video was aiming at.

    To explain: The vast majority of people who gamble do so responsibly. But as you know well, there are also people who are more vulnerable to how gambling affects them. There is a definite similarity between FOBT's and the other forms of gambling as you mentioned, but my understanding is that these FOBT's are far worse people with issues than most other forms of gambling.

    There have been many articles and supposed research done over the past several years suggesting that these machines are much worse for people with gambling issues, and they are played at fairly high stakes. Perhaps that's true, and perhaps not... but now I hear that even many bookmakers are in agreement that the stakes should be reduced on these machines.

    I am a believer in personal responsibility in gambling. But, I have also stated many times that there is a disparity between controls over some forms of the activity and others. They may be strict on FOBT's, but have no controls on the number of lottery tickets being sold... and no one manning the ATM's at casinos to make sure players don't withdraw too much or play drunk. But that was not the crux of the argument on this video.

    The issue is what the perception is.... and that the CEO of Ladbrokes is apparently insensitive to people and more interested in profits. Whether that's the actual case or not is secondary to how it plays in the press and how it makes our industry look.

    Even if the CEO is an insensitive bastard, it was a stupid statement to make publicly... giving the media more ammunition. Add to this the factors of how Ladbrokes has treated affiliates and their families, and I have little sympathy for this person.

    I am all for personal responsibility, but if FOBT's are an issue the we would be smart to be proactive and stay ahead of any public backlash. We, as an industry, must walk some fine lines... and with that, the truth and the perceived truth are sometimes very different things. And many times, the perceived truth matters more.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Integrity For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 September 2017)

  20. #17
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 196 Times in 115 Posts

    Default

    Starting gambling on fruit machines before the FOBT's the only difference was, I'd get three pints in a pub, out of a monthly wage, instead of blowing money in the bookies within an hour or so. All in all, the money went the exact same place, apart from the odd time that you could actually win a few grand. Fruity's are no better, in fact probably worse, chasing your wages with the hope of winning the 25 jackpot. At least the FOBT's give some kind of bizarre hope.

    As for gambling all my wages on the FOBT's, I would not change it for anything. Like everything in marketing, you live, you learn, you adapt. I can clearly remember playing the FOBT's and thinking all the money I had blew, knowing no matter what I won, I'd still be down as f**k. Without the knowledge, I would never be where I am today, I'd still be working in some shite job. People can change, it just takes something to make them change, we are all responsible for our lives, nobody else is, not gambling, not FOBT's, we make our own lives. But these days people would rather live in the blame generation, because it is easier blaming your short comings on anything but yourself. The only thing that makes the FOBT's a big "blame" is social media and hype. People have forever gone and blew their wages on gambling and alcohol, then gone home and abused their family. The FOBT's are just part of it. If you do not support them, then all in all, you may as well not support gambling.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickyfu For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 September 2017), Madz (1 October 2017)

  22. #18
    Integrity's Avatar
    Integrity is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2002
    Location
    Vegas State of Mind
    Posts
    1,592
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    847
    Thanked 943 Times in 363 Posts

    Default

    I am NOT one to judge anyone... but obviously our perceptions are based on personal experience. In time my opinions may change. Respect to what you've been thru.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Integrity For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 September 2017)

  24. #19
    Roulette Zeitung's Avatar
    Roulette Zeitung is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,444
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    6,004
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 2,999 Posts

    Default

    So after this thrilling exchange, no one shall say again, there are so few posts theses days.

    I, for my part, are very happy, that videos will be made, because only a fistful of people are doing that in this industry.

    After the Casino City Management signed the "Freedom of expression in the arts and entertainment Act" half a year ago, J.'s videos are better than ever before.

    Leopold

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roulette Zeitung For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 September 2017), Integrity (30 September 2017), justbookies (1 October 2017), ocreditor (1 October 2017), RacingJim (1 October 2017)

  26. #20
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    842
    Thanked 1,315 Times in 819 Posts

    Default

    I got bored reading half way through the thread and realised I needed a poo, which would be more exciting. In fact eating my own eyes would be preferable than reading some of those posts. However, for what I read, I don't know why micky had so much beef, maybe having a bad day, who knows, silly internet arguments. Nobody wins you know. I like the vids, some more than others, but they're a bit of fun, take them in the right spirit.

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    Doolally (3 October 2017), FictionNet (2 October 2017), justbookies (1 October 2017), MannyBetting (1 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (1 October 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •