Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,097
    Thanked 946 Times in 626 Posts

    Default Bwin Wiki page edits?

    Anyone know the process to edit Wiki pages with facts.

    I think its important to list their new affiliate program and the fact its recognized as a predatory affiliate program.

    I came across this in the Betfair Wiki pages where it was refrenced how they stole players money.

    In this case cane someone inform me how to edit and add on a wiki page? I would like to edit or have someone edit Bwins Wiki page.

  2. #2
    elgoog's Avatar
    elgoog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    626
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 184 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    i think you can just do it? click "edit" right above

    only (big) change is someone else corrects it?
    Elgoog

  3. #3
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,097
    Thanked 946 Times in 626 Posts

    Default

    I am not sure - but considering the addition that was made on betfairs..

    I would think such a big change to Bwin affiliates program and the outrage would warrant a little blurb on the wiki page since its first page.

    Since i dont know - i was hoping someone else can explain or just do it who had experience making edits.. ect.

  4. #4
    Simmo! is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Posts
    851
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 351 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    I think its likely a company that size will be monitoring the wiki page with a view to brand management, GPFP. Which means that you (or anyone) can do an edit but you'll probably find anything resembling bad press will simply be edited out just as quick.

    You can try as elgoog says, simply by clicking the "edit" link on the section you wish to add, but my dollar says an email will be pinged off to someone looking after Bwins brand reputation immediately (you can set email monitoring on any wiki page) and the edit won't stick for long.

    Cheers,

    Simmo!

  5. #5
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,097
    Thanked 946 Times in 626 Posts

    Default

    betfairs stuck for weeks and still does.

    What would be the point of wiki if factual information can be edited out as fast as its replied?

    his would mean daily i would add and daily they remove. this could go on constantly for months theoretically.



    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo! View Post
    I think its likely a company that size will be monitoring the wiki page with a view to brand management, GPFP. Which means that you (or anyone) can do an edit but you'll probably find anything resembling bad press will simply be edited out just as quick.

    You can try as elgoog says, simply by clicking the "edit" link on the section you wish to add, but my dollar says an email will be pinged off to someone looking after Bwins brand reputation immediately (you can set email monitoring on any wiki page) and the edit won't stick for long.

    Cheers,

    Simmo!

  6. #6
    Simmo! is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Posts
    851
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 351 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    betfairs stuck for weeks and still does.

    What would be the point of wiki if factual information can be edited out as fast as its replied?

    his would mean daily i would add and daily they remove. this could go on constantly for months theoretically.
    Well you could try it. I was really just pointing out that wiki is editable by anyone but pages can be monitored and often are so it might require constant re-editing.

  7. #7
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,097
    Thanked 946 Times in 626 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo! View Post
    Well you could try it. I was really just pointing out that wiki is editable by anyone but pages can be monitored and often are so it might require constant re-editing.
    ahh i see.. cool - i would not mind editing it daily.. just wondering.. it would be odd to add and them deleting and me adding and them deleting 5-10 times per day.. LOL

  8. #8
    Benitho is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Sispony
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    As long as you add just the straight facts like bewinners being viewed as predatory by many affiliate watchdog sites, you should be alright...

  9. #9
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,097
    Thanked 946 Times in 626 Posts

    Default

    Yeah trying to figure out how to add a new section called "Affiliate Program" but does not seem to be an area to do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •