Thread: Google Adwords

RaceTip is offline New Member
    Thanks

Default Google Adwords

So how can anyone that's not got a gambling licence join Adwords?
    My modest horse racing tips website needs an operators licence I got turned down for the Aggregator licence.

Looks like Adwords is out the question on tips based affiliate websites for me.

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Sinking Faster, just when I thought it couldn't get worse it did!
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,109 Times in 4,522 Posts

I wondered if they would eventually start taking this stance.

If you collect money directly from the Gambler, you have taken it further, then just offering information or advice as to where to play.

Some folks have managed to appeal the decision and get past it, but I do wonder if they will soon be taking the stance against those that collect money directly for gambling information.

Rick
    Universal4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

RaceTip (2 October 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I wondered if they would eventually start taking this stance.

If you collect money directly from the Gambler, you have taken it further, then just offering information or advice as to where to play.

Some folks have managed to appeal the decision and get past it, but I do wonder if they will soon be taking the stance against those that collect money directly for gambling information.

Rick
    Universal4
    Hi Rick,
    I only had a couple of affiliate banners on the sidebar. I only provide horse racing tips for 1 meeting in the UK every day.
    I do think Adwords are being a bit harsh forcing an Operators licence on this type of venture.
    But seems they don't want bookie affiliates anymore

baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,179 Posts

Affiliates are fine, the thing that's tripping you up is the tips element - you can't use adwords on a site that has tips (free or paid) without a license.

If you didn't have the tips it would be fine to operate as an aggregator but for whatever reason they have issues with tips sites.

There are plenty of discussions about this on the forums btw if you want to read about it in more detail.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

RaceTip (2 October 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Affiliates are fine, the thing that's tripping you up is the tips element - you can't use adwords on a site that has tips (free or paid) without a license.

If you didn't have the tips it would be fine to operate as an aggregator but for whatever reason they have issues with tips sites.

There are plenty of discussions about this on the forums btw if you want to read about it in more detail.
    I think I will need to build another site that doesn't provide tips as such so I will try and figure out another route.
    I'm starting to get accepted for a few bookies affiliates so I dont want to be hanging around with not many clicks on a tips website without Adwords.