RetiredFolk is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default Google Translate and SEO

Hi there,

I decided at this stage to translate my blog into other languages. Since I lack resources, I just use Google Translate for that.

I know there are many mistakes with it and if someone reads it in their own language they immediately see that it wasn't written by a native speaker.

However, I do see clicks from other countries already, so I'm wondering - how bad is it? or is it good enough to deliver traffic from the targeted languages and can actually compete with normal webistes? Can I actually pick up SEO just by using Google translate?

Thanks.

Simmo! is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I tried that once - admittedly some 3 years ago - and a native French speaker told me it was hilarious and advised me I'd bebetter off taking it down

Connie B is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Hi RetiredFolk,

Happy New Year!

Some clients tried to translate their websites using translator softwares. They generated traffic but not customers. It is important that a foreign customer feels comfortable with a website that is targeting to their country.

If you are trying to SEO a website into different languages, you will need to find out the targeted keywords that are relevant to foreign customers.

Cheers,

Connie Burstin
    Burstin Marketing Group Inc.

Services:

* Copywriting
    * Human Translation & Localization
    * Creative Services
    * Marketing Consulting

Products:
    * www.excelife.ca

Gmail: cburstin@gmail.com
    Facebook: Burstinmarketing
    --

Thanks

Yeap, I am aware of the significant differences between a real translation and auto one, and thanks for your attention guys.

Still, I believe that in early stages bad translation can help in picking up some random traffic, and as much as I want to provide my readers with reliable content, right now I will probably have to be satisfied with banner-clickers that will hopefully convert.

Thanks for your input guys!

Don
    Don is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Hello RetiredFolk,

I see you've just joined us recently. If you've also just begun your journey as an affiliate, I wish you welcome to the wonderful world of Affiliate Marketing!

I've always wanted to try the translation software, but due to many opinions and the feedback of others who have tried various translation software in the past few years, with less than sterling results, I have thought it to be somewhat lacking, and not worth the effort Now that I read your post, however, I'm now interested in how such technology has progressed. I would think it's at least worth a try.

Traffic is good, and we need good ways to get a lot of traffic to our sites. But converting traffic is much better, obviously. So give this some time, and watch the traffic, see if or how it converts to players. Ask your visitors for feedback about the translation, if you can. Tweek it. If it works for you, then it's worthwhile.

I agree that your visitors from other countries need to feel comfortable with what you are presenting to them. Some may be turned off by the simplest of things, while others may be willing to overlook the same things in favor of what you are offering them.

I may try this. I need the traffic, and it's fun to experiment.

Thanks

Hi Don,

I just noticed your reply. Thanks for the kind words and I wish you the best success as well as to everyone else in here.

learn2holdem is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Hello,

In the case of French, translation is poor and no French speaking person will read a google translated text other than for having an hilarious moment.

I have used it many times to translate from foreign languages to English. If you have not done so, give it a try from any language and see if the resulting English is something you would be happy to read.

Also adding translated text may have seo benefit, but I am not sure.

Skinski is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I too had used the google translation, but have now taken them off. I had a couple folk, one from Japan and the other from Germany tell me that the translation makes no sense what so ever .

learn2holdem is offline Private Member
    Thanks

imo,

there are 2 ways 2 use it:

- if there is a text in a foreign language that you want to understand, you can translate it; I will not be great, but it will give you a pretty good idea of the content,
    - if you want to translate your site, this could be a first step so you get indexed, but you need professional help over that.

that is it.

akhil_jks is offline Private Member
    Thanks

You don't need to translate all your content at once. Simply get only those pages translated that get most of the traffic.

Needless to say, Google translations are horrible. If you still want to use google translate, put a disclaimer below the country flags (for google translations) that "These are machine translations, professional translations coming soon".
    Quality Gambling Translations

www.SuperiorWord.com

Check out our vast portfolio and authentic testimonials, from some of the best in the industry!

Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I think that some of the blogs that i have read would benefit from Google translations!

They may make more sense!

But seriously though, if transaltions get good seo results then great, but would a useless translation be any better than writing a load of old tosh in the first place? Would the resulting traffic be worth while traffic?

Although, i am sure that some people would appreciate the fact that at least you have attempted the act of translation.

An easy way to see how bad translations can be is to translate then re translate, quite a comedy experience.

I think i may just translate a few pages and see how it goes, nothing ventured ...
    Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Winston Churchill

Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

Thanks

Since I started this thread, I thought I should at least follow up on it for all those who showed interest in this subject:

Well, as much as the Google translate thing is ridiculous for native speakers of the language translated, apparently it really does work to some extent. Lately I have been getting a lot of Italian traffic, some Spanish too, and add to that the English traffic but that's not relevant to the subject.

I guess this has to do with the fact that rummy is still not taken by many affiliates in these 2 languages (French and Romanian are very popular and German was recently added as well), but this direction is leading me towards unexpected paths. I just went along with the platform's new versions and I am now begining to think I am better off focusing on Ita and Spa much more that I thought I would. English is still the main deal and my SE positions are getting higher, but it's funny to see I am actually getting quality traffic and players from search engines of Italy and Spain to keywords I myself don't even know of.

This is really something I should ponder about more, just sharing.