Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Graphical Data

  1. #1
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is online now Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    8,775
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,197
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,056 Posts

    Default Graphical Data

    Hey guys

    I'm just doing a bit of "research" and wanted to ask the community - if you could see some graphs inside your affiliate accounts for all programs (just in general), what information would be helpful to see in graph form?

    Thanks.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  2. #2
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 456 Times in 259 Posts

    Default

    Clicks, Registrations, FTD's.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    Renee (25 September 2018)

  4. #3
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is online now Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    8,775
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,197
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,056 Posts

    Default

    Thanks mate. Maybe I need to be more clear though.

    So what I mean is, as a graph of the data already offered.

    So when you say you want a graph of FTDs for example, what exactly do you want the graph to show?

    For example, you might want a graph that shows your new players by country, i.e. which percentage/count of your new depositors came from which country. That's what I'm looking for.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    DaftDog (25 September 2018), vtyunby65 (26 September 2018)

  6. #4
    LeeGwilliam's Avatar
    LeeGwilliam is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2018
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Rebuilding the Aff program software Renee?

    Most large affiliates are running custom BI software and not really using the operators programs for anything more than raw stats collection so that they can display data in the exact way they want.

    With that in mind for a smaller/medium size Aff I guess you would want to see easy comparison graphs when you log in:

    1. By Site (MTD / YTD / Versus a set time period)
    2. By Country (As above)
    3. Total for program (As above comparison)

    Eg:

    With report (1) You can quickly see how your websites are doing this (time period) versus last (time period) with the relevant program, are results improving or decreasing (And then does action need to be taken).

    With report (2) You can do the same in specific GEO's

    Report 3 is a quick overall glance at performance for all an affiliate's sites with the program.

    NetRefer's country reports are almost there for report 2, though it doesn't pick up clicks by GEO or allow a versus comparison, think it's only configurable by month too.

    However:

    Given the data is all there in the various programs I've never understood why there isn't just a if/or/specific control so aff's can quickly select the data they want to see and compare it to a given field rather than being confined to set reports. (To be fair I haven't used IA for a while and I think some of their reports are close, though again doesn't show clicks by country or allow comparison)

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeGwilliam For This Useful Post:

    Renee (26 September 2018)

  8. #5
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    3,933
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default

    Definitely results (FTDs and rev) split by site.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    Renee (26 September 2018)

  10. #6
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is online now Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    8,775
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,197
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,056 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeGwilliam View Post
    Most large affiliates are running custom BI software and not really using the operators programs for anything more than raw stats collection so that they can display data in the exact way they want.

    With that in mind for a smaller/medium size Aff I guess you would want to see easy comparison graphs when you log in:

    1. By Site (MTD / YTD / Versus a set time period)
    2. By Country (As above)
    3. Total for program (As above comparison)

    Eg:

    With report (1) You can quickly see how your websites are doing this (time period) versus last (time period) with the relevant program, are results improving or decreasing (And then does action need to be taken).

    With report (2) You can do the same in specific GEO's

    Report 3 is a quick overall glance at performance for all an affiliate's sites with the program.

    NetRefer's country reports are almost there for report 2, though it doesn't pick up clicks by GEO or allow a versus comparison, think it's only configurable by month too.

    However:

    Given the data is all there in the various programs I've never understood why there isn't just a if/or/specific control so aff's can quickly select the data they want to see and compare it to a given field rather than being confined to set reports. (To be fair I haven't used IA for a while and I think some of their reports are close, though again doesn't show clicks by country or allow comparison)
    Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I appreciate the time you all took to help me out here.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeGwilliam View Post
    Rebuilding the Aff program software Renee?
    Hahah maybe

    Regarding your first point about raw stats collection - which format is most useful if you're downloading this, without an API? XML? CSV? Something else?

    Great point at the end too. I will take that into consideration.

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Definitely results (FTDs and rev) split by site.
    Would you only be interested in seeing number of FTDs split by site? Or some other metrics?

    Thanks
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  11. #7
    LeeGwilliam's Avatar
    LeeGwilliam is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2018
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I appreciate the time you all took to help me out here.


    Hahah maybe

    Regarding your first point about raw stats collection - which format is most useful if you're downloading this, without an API? XML? CSV? Something else?

    Great point at the end too. I will take that into consideration.



    Would you only be interested in seeing number of FTDs split by site? Or some other metrics?

    Thanks
    Most of the programs I've seen (affiliate created) are essentially 'bots' which are logging in and extracting desired data fields before collating them and then displaying in a bespoke software - which allows the affiliate to get around different naming conventions for the various metrics across different software's and the fact that not all programs show all data.

    It also gets around needing to extract data from different 'preset' reports in a program where all data wanted is not available in one preset report.

    Extract is CSV for most, best of luck with the re-design

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeGwilliam For This Useful Post:

    Renee (26 September 2018)

  13. #8
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    3,933
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Would you only be interested in seeing number of FTDs split by site? Or some other metrics?
    FTDs would be the main one for me - helps you keep an eye on which sites are converting the best.

    I can see the argument for rev, signups, clicks etc... as well but new depositors would be the most useful.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    Renee (26 September 2018)

  15. #9
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,458
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 940 Posts

    Default

    I'd like to see referring page data so I will know from which site my players came from.
    Sweet Bet - Reviews of reputable online casinos, poker sites, sportsbooks & bingo halls
    USA Online Casinos | Canadian Online Casinos | Crypto Casinos | Bitcoin Casinos | Live Dealer Casinos | Free Spin Casinos | Crypto Casino King

  16. #10
    LeeGwilliam's Avatar
    LeeGwilliam is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2018
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Thinks it's MyAffiliates which has the IP referral feed at the bottom with GEO & Source page on it? Anyway, one of the mainstream programs does for sure so there's no reason any other program couldn't do it. (Hopefully in a more user friendly way)

  17. #11
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    3,933
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    I'd like to see referring page data so I will know from which site my players came from.
    Oh yeah, that's a good shout. Something most programs don't but interesting when they do (ie: betsson).
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  18. #12
    vtyunby65's Avatar
    vtyunby65 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,439
    Thanks
    7,878
    Thanked 1,807 Times in 1,199 Posts

    Default

    It would be excellent to see referring page data. That way, I will get a better idea of how to further make adjustments and improve the way that I attract new depositors.

  19. #13
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is online now Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    8,775
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,197
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,056 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeGwilliam View Post
    Thinks it's MyAffiliates which has the IP referral feed at the bottom with GEO & Source page on it? Anyway, one of the mainstream programs does for sure so there's no reason any other program couldn't do it. (Hopefully in a more user friendly way)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    I'd like to see referring page data so I will know from which site my players came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtyunby65 View Post
    It would be excellent to see referring page data. That way, I will get a better idea of how to further make adjustments and improve the way that I attract new depositors.
    Thanks. The reason we don't store this data is because with over 30 casinos and the amount of traffic we get compared to how much it will actually be looked at, it's not worth the costs of the storage space and maintenance.

    This data could easily be gathered on your websites though where you'd have direct access to it.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    vtyunby65 (26 September 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •