Thread: Help for newbie

Reddy is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default Help for newbie

Hi guys, I am just getting started with this developing my website and setting up my online wallet.

I will register my affiliate as a business in my country and open a corresponding business bank account so I think the Skrill/Neteller account should be in the name of my business.

Do Skrill and Neteller allow merchant accounts for lowly affiliates?
    Is it better to just go with a personal account?

Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,539 Posts

Hi and welcome to GPWA! Great to have you with us.

Since I don't know where you're located, that makes it difficult for me to give you a clear answer to your question. Neteller and Skrill have blocked affiliate payments for only parts of the world and this doesn’t apply to all affiliate programs either. You need to provide more information as your post seems a bit vague (ie the affiliate programs you do business with etc).

If you can setup a Bitcoin (cryptocurrency) account in Blockchain, you can easily receive your funds there instead. Paypal is another alternative. Granted that your affiliate programs provide you with these options.

You really have to check with your affiliate managers on this one to get more information from them and see how they can help you exactly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

Reddy (29 June 2020)

baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    Yes, affs can have business accounts.

The only thing to be aware of with a merchant account with Skrill is that they have a minimum activity threshold - itís quite low (single payment in 6 months) but worth knowing itís there otherwise you could get charged for an account youíre not using. Also be aware that merchant accounts pay around 3% in fees.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

Reddy (29 June 2020)

Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Thanks

There are quite a few discussions on here about Skrill affiliate accounts, this one is the most recent I think (http://www.gpwa.org/forum/skrill-aff...ts-228956.html). It's worth having a read through these to see the different experiences affiliates have had with Skrill personal and business accounts.

Personally we've stopped using Skrill except when it is absolutely necessary due to the high fees. We originally had a merchant account that did not have fees that we were forced to upgrade to a business account. As baldidiot says the fees are around 3% with further fees for withdrawals and currency conversions.

golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    Hi guys, I am just getting started with this developing my website and setting up my online wallet.

I will register my affiliate as a business in my country and open a corresponding business bank account so I think the Skrill/Neteller account should be in the name of my business.

Skrill pushed some onto merchant accounts recently so I’d suggest you do that to start with if you go that route, save a bit of pain further down the line.

mrchips is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Welcome fellow newbie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bonus View Post
    Hi and welcome to GPWA! Great to have you with us.

Since I don't know where you're located, that makes it difficult for me to give you a clear answer to your question. Neteller and Skrill have blocked affiliate payments for only parts of the world and this doesn’t apply to all affiliate programs either. You need to provide more information as your post seems a bit vague (ie the affiliate programs you do business with etc).

If you can setup a Bitcoin (cryptocurrency) account in Blockchain, you can easily receive your funds there instead. Paypal is another alternative. Granted that your affiliate programs provide you with these options.

You really have to check with your affiliate managers on this one to get more information from them and see how they can help you exactly.
    Thanks, yes it seems Bitcoin or bank transfer is the best way to go! I also heard that if receiving USD to Skrill they will charge huge currency exchange fees to transfer to your bank even if you have a bank account in USD because Skrill cannot work with USD.

If you receive Bitcoin, how can you exchange that for USD or EUR? Will the cryptocurrency exchanges accept if you tell them that the funds are from gambling affiliate payments? I'm afraid they will not want to touch anything associated with gambling.

Nenad is offline Public Member
    Thanks

For exchanging Bitcoin to USD it really depends on your location. Some ewallets and websites will exchange for you but have restrictions of some countries. Otherwise can use sites like localbitcoins.com to find people that trade or coinatmradar.com to find bitcoin ATM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nenad For This Useful Post:

Reddy (29 June 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nenad View Post
    For exchanging Bitcoin to USD it really depends on your location. Some ewallets and websites will exchange for you but have restrictions of some countries. Otherwise can use sites like localbitcoins.com to find people that trade or coinatmradar.com to find bitcoin ATM
    Ok, interesting. How about the exchanges like bitfinex, bitstamp, etc? Will they give you an account for exchanging your earnings? Would it be a merchant account so that the funds can go to your business bank account or do people just use their personal account?

Timmy2toes is offline Brand New Member
    Thanks

Hey everyone, Ive really gotten into affiliate marketing, but i'm clueless. Please any got any tips for a real green beginner?

universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Sinking Faster, just when I thought it couldn't get worse it did!
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,534 Times in 4,757 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy2toes View Post
    Hey everyone, Ive really gotten into affiliate marketing, but i'm clueless. Please any got any tips for a real green beginner?
    Welcome to the GPWA,

Read a few thousand posts here

Almost every subject is covered

Rick
    Universal4