Over the past few months I have begun to pay a lot more attention to the information provided by Google webmaster tools available at www.google.com/webmasters/tools.
Google provides lots of good information and you can find out a lot about how Google views your website. There are over twenty reports currently provided. Examples include
- A report that shows search queries where you site was shown in the results including your average position, how it has changed, clicks through to your site, and click through percentage.
- The most common keywords Google found while crawling your site.
- Whether any malware was detected on your site.
- Various reports about errors encountered while crawling your site.
- A whole variety of suggestions for improving the html on your site - things like missing and duplicate title tags and missing and duplicate meta descriptions.
Besides sharing how often you look at the information provided by Google webmaster tools, be sure to share what information you have found most useful and why.