Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,678
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 574 Posts

    Default

    Just because it's there it doest mean his account isnt suspended. Also if you saw the date of the post you'd see it says Oct 6th.
    Gambipedia.com - casino, poker, sports betting guides, reviews & bonuses.

  2. #22
    Londoner is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Yes i know but he didn't have his website linked last week. Doubt he will risk it while his account is still suspended. he probably got instructions from his AM or something

  3. #23
    fezzer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
    Yes i know but he didn't have his website linked last week. Doubt he will risk it while his account is still suspended. he probably got instructions from his AM or something
    You dont need 60 pounds to make a small website 10 pounds max. just add some basic code.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to fezzer For This Useful Post:

    vtyunby65 (9 December 2017)

  5. #24
    Londoner is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    i meant 60 with the hosting + Domain name thats the cheapest i found. The site developed in Wix.com and the hosting 123reg. Can i get all of these for cheaper than 60 somewhere?

  6. #25
    PGPICKS is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PromoteCasino View Post
    I find that amazing as I thought one of their big issues was with the control of social media accounts of affiliates
    I won't be promoting them via social media though anymore, I used to but I wont be doing because I don't want my account closed from breaking terms. I have asked for time to put together a website.

  7. #26
    Fortune Palace's Avatar
    Fortune Palace is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 125 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PromoteCasino View Post
    I would be interested if any GPWA member that does manage to keep their account fully open to promote, would be willing to share with the forum!
    Or just keep quiet
    I'm replying here in response to PromoteCasino's question, but I'm aware that this is a sensitive issue and I'm certainly not here to be a smarta**e or to gloat.

    If anything, I just want to put the record straight that bet365 are not 'doing a Skybet' and going rogue.

    As it stands, I haven't had that email, and have had contact with my AM which would indicate things will continue as before. To be fair, my main bet365 promotion was casino rather than sports, so that may have something to do with it.

    I responded to the first emails that we were sent as alarm bells were ringing that things were about to change in the UK. As Simmo has said elsewhere, bet365 are just the first to jump - everyone else will follow suit in the coming months.

    I stripped back my bet365 promotions to the bare bones and ensured that everything complied as they asked. It upset the aesthetics of the site and the review is a pretty pointless bit of text for now, but I've erred on the side of caution - a few years ago I got bit with a Manual Action in Google and learned over time that you needed a chainsaw, not a scalpel when it came to paring things back, so I took that approach with compliance.

    The irony is that I've been in a xxxxK negative carryover situation with bet365 for the past 8 months and it'll probably take another 12 months at least to get back in the black (especially with the reduced promotion) but I hope it'll be worth it in the long run.

    As I said, I'm sorry for any of you who got bit by this, but they haven't done a blanket ban like some other operators.

  8. #27
    PGPICKS is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
    Im social media based too and got the same email as you. Im thinking of creating a blog like website and put it in my response email to them. Will cost about 60ish quid.

    I came across this tipster page "The badman Tipster" and he create a really simple blog and he's back to promoting them.

    His website: http://www.badmantipster.com/

    Although he has custom text and he linked his website to his social media account, i thought this wasn't allowed? or am i wrong?
    Yeah I was gonna do the same but I have absolutely no idea about how to create/run a website.

  9. #28
    fezzer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
    i meant 60 with the hosting + Domain name thats the cheapest i found. The site developed in Wix.com and the hosting 123reg. Can i get all of these for cheaper than 60 somewhere?
    Buy the cheapest domain extension from name cheap. like domain.xyz and get a $5 per month VPS from Digital ocean. you'll need basic knowledge on how to set it up and create pages etc.
    if you dont know all that then get a cheap host with a site builder. (webs.com)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to fezzer For This Useful Post:

    vtyunby65 (10 December 2017)

  11. #29
    Londoner is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the info, Managed to reduce that to 39 quid for both. Cheers pal

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Londoner For This Useful Post:

    vtyunby65 (10 December 2017)

  13. #30
    Madz's Avatar
    Madz is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 120 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune Palace View Post
    I'm replying here in response to PromoteCasino's question, but I'm aware that this is a sensitive issue and I'm certainly not here to be a smarta**e or to gloat.

    If anything, I just want to put the record straight that bet365 are not 'doing a Skybet' and going rogue.

    As it stands, I haven't had that email, and have had contact with my AM which would indicate things will continue as before. To be fair, my main bet365 promotion was casino rather than sports, so that may have something to do with it.

    I responded to the first emails that we were sent as alarm bells were ringing that things were about to change in the UK. As Simmo has said elsewhere, bet365 are just the first to jump - everyone else will follow suit in the coming months.

    I stripped back my bet365 promotions to the bare bones and ensured that everything complied as they asked. It upset the aesthetics of the site and the review is a pretty pointless bit of text for now, but I've erred on the side of caution - a few years ago I got bit with a Manual Action in Google and learned over time that you needed a chainsaw, not a scalpel when it came to paring things back, so I took that approach with compliance.

    The irony is that I've been in a xxxxK negative carryover situation with bet365 for the past 8 months and it'll probably take another 12 months at least to get back in the black (especially with the reduced promotion) but I hope it'll be worth it in the long run.

    As I said, I'm sorry for any of you who got bit by this, but they haven't done a blanket ban like some other operators.
    I only promoted the casino side of Bet365. I also removed any custom content and scaled things back. I answered every email they sent and also listed every website and URL I had a link to Bet365 on for them to confirm everything I was doing was okay. After all of that they still closed my account.

    I'm not sure what you definition of "rogue" is but they are a bunch of c*nts IMO just like Sky. Like a few other members on here have already said, they will still find a way to ban you with some random clicks still going to your account.

    **** them!

  14. #31
    Fortune Palace's Avatar
    Fortune Palace is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 125 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madz View Post
    I'm not sure what you definition of "rogue" is but they are a bunch of c*nts IMO just like Sky. Like a few other members on here have already said, they will still find a way to ban you with some random clicks still going to your account.
    Maybe you're right. I'd hope not, though. I guess only time will tell...

  15. #32
    Madz's Avatar
    Madz is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 120 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    One thing I'm learning now is that you can't trust many people in this industry.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madz For This Useful Post:

    DanHorvat (10 December 2017), xecutable (10 December 2017)

  17. #33
    Fortune Palace's Avatar
    Fortune Palace is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 125 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madz View Post
    One thing I'm learning now is that you can't trust many people in this industry.
    That's very true, and I've been bitten many times over the years. But if bet365 go the same way, after the relationship I've had with them over the years, it will be the death knell for me and I'll just pack it all in. Seriously.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune Palace For This Useful Post:

    xecutable (10 December 2017)

  19. #34
    Madz's Avatar
    Madz is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 120 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune Palace View Post
    That's very true, and I've been bitten many times over the years. But if bet365 go the same way, after the relationship I've had with them over the years, it will be the death knell for me and I'll just pack it all in. Seriously.
    I hope that does not happen for you mate, that would be a shame. I'm just over 2 years into my journey and its been a bumpy one to say the least. Sky robbed over 40% of my income and that was a major kick in the balls but I can't throw the towel in. The alternative is to have to go back to working 12 hour shifts in warehouses or factories! Not an option for me.

    I'm looking to diversify more and work on some other niches. I still enjoy the casino niche and I started my 1st website spending about 20 a month content and marketing and made some decent money from it. There is still plenty of life in this industry IMO its just a case of being more selective with who we work with and expecting to be shafted by some of them in the process.

    I wish you luck but I personally would expect the worse from Bet365 and prepare for it, at least that way it doesn't take you by surprise and at least you stand a fighting chance for the future. Unless you are already rich that is

  20. #35
    Fortune Palace's Avatar
    Fortune Palace is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 125 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madz View Post
    Unless you are already rich that is
    Far from it! Still scratching around at the bottom after 11 years, and doing this very much as a part time job, sadly. The promise of a full time salary was never really fulfilled.

    But I've had a good, close, personal contact with my bet365 AM over the years and she's been very helpful in trying to pull me up to the point where this could be at least a steady income. So if she went the way of so many others, I really cba any more!

    I wish you all good luck with this industry, but it's a very bumpy road ahead...

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortune Palace For This Useful Post:

    Madz (10 December 2017), xecutable (10 December 2017)

  22. #36
    Madz's Avatar
    Madz is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 120 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Even if it's a part time thing it's still a little extra cash for a holiday each year or for paying bills. It would be a shame to throw the towel in after all that time and lose out on that. I have been lucky enough to make a living out of it in the short time I have been doing it and again I was really lucky to get speaking to a top fella who was already killing it and he has given me some great advice over the years.

    Stick with it mate, I hope they don't do the dirty on you and you are able to make a full time living from this. You have invested too much time for others to take it away from you. These rogue companies motivate me even more to make it, I can't give in after they have robbed me!

    Like I mentioned above maybe try a different niche on the side and see how that goes.

    I wish you luck either way

  23. #37
    GlitzyBingo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2014
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 83 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Got mine today. I feel quite offended by the email especially as I have worked with them promoting bingo since 2007, always ensured my information was correct and even more so compliant! It was only in September when Alex was sending me an email for us to establish a working relationship...
    Perhaps they are looking for the big money makers but as I only promote the bingo side of things this will never be the case with bet365 Bingo.

    Anyway out with the old time for the new...

    No big loss to my website but I am disapointed and feel this is an excuse for something else behind the scenes..
    Last edited by GlitzyBingo; 12 December 2017 at 8:21 am.
    Glitzy Bingo - glitzybingo.co.uk

  24. #38
    PromoteCasino is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    840
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 378 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    I still come across sites that are fairly active showing the 200 welcome bonus still. Do I grass them up, no I cannot be bothered Bet365 are dead to me last time I even mention them. Let us hope that this site gets pulled and Bet365 get hammered with a fine.
    Betting Offers in the UK - Latest offers and bonuses from reputable UK bookmakers. A New project underway but a long way to go BookieRewards

  25. #39
    GlitzyBingo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2014
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 83 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Just out of interest how come GPWA are still promoting bet365 if they are not taking on any more affiliates and they are closing long-standing compliant accounts down?
    Glitzy Bingo - glitzybingo.co.uk

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitzyBingo For This Useful Post:

    gamblingvista (12 December 2017)

  27. #40
    GCG
    GCG is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,230
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 753 Times in 415 Posts

    Default

    because they can ($$$$$$?)

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to GCG For This Useful Post:

    xecutable (12 December 2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •