MJM
    MJM is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Intertops Has Very Risky Security Procedures

Disclaimer: I don't promote intertops. Used to promote them to one obscure international grey market.

That said, I had a few bucks on my account left over - and to my surprise I got an email this morning saying that a bitcoin withdrawal had been processed, only I hadn't requested one!

Obviously my account was hacked, and I realize it's my responsibility to secure my account details - but the fact that they go ahead and process/pay a withdrawal request without having a second verification via email or 2fa like other programs is very disturbing. Easy pickings for hackers, so be careful keeping any sizable sums on Intertops. I've requested my account be closed as we don't do business with sites that have such lax security. Those of you that promote this brand, your players are at risk for stuff like this too.

Thankfully it was a small amount of cash, but still felt others should know about it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJM For This Useful Post:

FictionNet (20 February 2019), Intertops (6 March 2019)

FictionNet is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 553 Posts

To be fair, I think once you're logged in, it's pretty easy to cashout from most programs. If it's being paid to a name other than the account holder, that should be a red flag.

Any ideas how they got in? Trojan? Keylogger? Password was 12345?

MJM
    Thanks

No clue how they got in, and since payments go to bitcoin (anonymous) another layer of verification should be in place - I can't think of another program that allows you to cashout via bitcoin without sending an email first. In this case, I only got an email AFTER the payout was already processed - so no chance to intervene. Imagine if it was a sizable sum.

FictionNet is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 553 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJM View Post
    No clue how they got in, and since payments go to bitcoin (anonymous) another layer of verification should be in place - I can't think of another program that allows you to cashout via bitcoin without sending an email first. In this case, I only got an email AFTER the payout was already processed - so no chance to intervene. Imagine if it was a sizable sum.
    Ah, gotcha - I've never cashed out (or deposited, for that matter) via Bitcoin so I didn't know the usual procedure.

Vargoso is offline Spanish Forum Moderator
    Thanks

The only security measure I have found using e-wallets or other sites is requesting the ID number when requesting a cashout. But for example, if someone manages to log in to your Skrill account (they do have two-factor authentication, but you need to activate it), you can ship money to any account without any additional verification.

I think the main security procedure must be at the login (2fa, email, complex passwords, etc), once you are logged in I guess it would even be annoying to confirm your identity over and over.
    Rakeback and professional services for poker players - https://worldpokerdeals.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vargoso For This Useful Post:

vtyunby65 (20 February 2019)

MJM
    Thanks

Guys it's very simple, cashouts don't happen instantly - they are reviewed internally everywhere and anywhere before it happens - whether that happens in minutes, hours, days, or weeks depends on the program.

Scenario should be (and is at almost every program): Login, request cashout - then an email should be sent saying "cashout requested, processing", then it's approved and actually processed. In my case, the only alert I got to this payout was after it was too late. Again, chump change on a program I don't work with - but thought others should know this is how they operate.

Intertops is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

Dear MJM,

Thank you very much for making us aware of this! The withdrawal was processed, as you have received funds via bitcoin before.

While the investigation is ongoing, we have credited your account with the missing funds. If I please may ask you to log into your account and change your password!

I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you had and greatly appreciate the good cooperation from your side! Thank you!

Please don’t hesitate to contact affiliate@intertops.eu should you have further questions.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Intertops For This Useful Post:

Gamblogger (6 March 2019)