Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1831
  1. #1521
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,243
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I hope not because wouldn't that mean the Toad was flying?...

    LOL....sorry....I couldn't resist...

    Rick
    Universal4
    Lol Sorry Rick and Thank you Leopold.
    I tried to translate an expression from my home, but I made mistakes.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to celena For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 September 2017), ocreditor (1 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (30 September 2017), vtyunby65 (8 December 2017)

  3. #1522
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,243
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Zeitung View Post
    Thank you, Rick.
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."
    A quote from American poet Robert Frost.

    I believe, what Josy want to share with us is the wonderful French saying: "La bave du crapaud n’atteint pas la blanche colombe."

    Which is comparable with the saying: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

    And she's right.

    Leopold
    Thank you my savior

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to celena For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 September 2017), ocreditor (1 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (30 September 2017), vtyunby65 (9 October 2017)

  5. #1523
    Roulette Zeitung's Avatar
    Roulette Zeitung is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,825
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    5,056
    Thanked 5,617 Times in 2,466 Posts

    Default

    Peaceful protest will start in just a few hours.

    My last post before the protest starts is dedicated to all people who love animals, wonderful music and the power of art.

    It's also dedicated to my irreplaceable brown poodle I lost earlier this year.
    Until today I did not get over it, and I don't believe, this will ever happen.
    Even if he was in deep dementia, I saw it at his facial expression and gestures, the music here in this post he loved so much. There was nothing more important to him than to stay as close as possible next to the speakers, when Vivaldi's music have been played.

    This composition of the Four Seasons was his favorite:




    I'll be back on 1. November 2017.

    Leopold

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roulette Zeitung For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 September 2017), celena (30 September 2017), ocreditor (1 October 2017), vtyunby65 (9 October 2017)

  7. #1524
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,243
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Zeitung View Post
    Peaceful protest will start in just a few hours.

    My last post before the protest starts is dedicated to all people who love animals, wonderful music and the power of art.

    It's also dedicated to my irreplaceable brown poodle I lost earlier this year.
    Until today I did not get over it, and I don't believe, this will ever happen.
    Even if he was in deep dementia, I saw it at his facial expression and gestures, the music here in this post he loved so much. There was nothing more important to him than to stay as close as possible next to the speakers, when Vivaldi's music have been played.

    This composition of the Four Seasons was his favorite:




    I'll be back on 1. November 2017.

    Leopold
    It's a too long a month!

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to celena For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 September 2017), ocreditor (1 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (30 September 2017), vtyunby65 (9 October 2017)

  9. #1525
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,243
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 954 Posts

    Default

    Lol Security and Trust.

    AffPower sends an email.
    "This is to advise you that, in order to align with industry best practices for security and data protection, our affiliate software provider, Income Access, will be disabling TLS 1.0 beginning the week of Monday, October 2, 2017.

    Once complete, if still running a browser using TLS 1.0, you may find that you will be unable to access the affiliate platform via the Income Access login page.

    We recommend that you upgrade your browser to a more recent version that can preferably support TLS 1.2. Microsoft Support"

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to celena For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (1 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (1 October 2017)

  11. #1526
    Unten1990 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    i don't promote them neither sympathize with their t&c but what is the deal upgrading to tls 1.2 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by celena View Post
    Lol Security and Trust.

    AffPower sends an email.
    "This is to advise you that, in order to align with industry best practices for security and data protection, our affiliate software provider, Income Access, will be disabling TLS 1.0 beginning the week of Monday, October 2, 2017.

    Once complete, if still running a browser using TLS 1.0, you may find that you will be unable to access the affiliate platform via the Income Access login page.

    We recommend that you upgrade your browser to a more recent version that can preferably support TLS 1.2. Microsoft Support"

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unten1990 For This Useful Post:

    celena (2 October 2017), ocreditor (2 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (2 October 2017)

  13. #1527
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,243
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unten1990 View Post
    i don't promote them neither sympathize with their t&c but what is the deal upgrading to tls 1.2 ?
    I do not know. I do not promote their casinos.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to celena For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (2 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (2 October 2017), vtyunby65 (8 December 2017)

  15. #1528
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,243
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 954 Posts

    Default

    This is the return of the attacks.
    It's incredible.

    Two dead in Marseille two girls of 17 and 20 years,
    Attacks in English stations, an attack in Canada.

    The last one, a shooting in Las Vegas.
    I do not know yet who the shooter is.
    UMC spokeperson confirmed 20+ dead, 100+ injured.

    We live in a world of hate.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to celena For This Useful Post:

    Luke Affalliance (2 October 2017), ocreditor (2 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (2 October 2017), vtyunby65 (2 October 2017)

  17. #1529
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 192 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    I`ll elaborate a bit on Las Vegas shooting. Since this thread is a part of a daily read for the majority of us here, we`ll have to keep it updated while Leopold is protesting.

    • At least 50 people have been killed and more than 200 injured at a country music festival in Las Vegas, in the worst mass shooting in US history. Two police officers are among the dead.
    • The shooter was named by police as Stephen Paddock, 64. Several rifles were found in his room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel, from where he fired multiple rounds at concertgoers at the Route 91 harvest country music festival.
    • Paddock was described as a “lone wolf” with no known links to terrorist groups. His motives are unknown.A Swat team used a controlled explosion to enter his hotel room before shooting him dead.
    • Police believe they have located Paddock’s companion, Marilou Danley, after launching a public hunt for her. She is wanted for questioning and is described as a person of interest.
    • Paddock’s house in Mesquite, Nevada is being searched. His two vehicles have been found.
    • Donald Trump tweeted his condolences and sympathies. His planned trip to hurricane-hit Puerto Rico has been delayed.
    • Jason Aldean, the country music star who was performing as the shooting took place, described the scene as “beyond horrific”. He said he and his crew were safe, but added: “It hurts my heart that this would happen to anyone who was just coming out to enjoy what should have been a fun night.”
    • Concertgoers reported seeing muzzle flashes from the upper floors of the Mandalay Bay hotel and several videos of the aftermath show hundreds of people fleeing in panic as shots continued. Around 40,000 people were attending the festival.
    • Some flights have resumed at the city’s McCarran International airport after all planes were temporarily grounded on Sunday evening.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luke Affalliance For This Useful Post:

    celena (2 October 2017), ocreditor (2 October 2017), Progger (2 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (2 October 2017)

  19. #1530
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,243
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Affalliance View Post
    I`ll elaborate a bit on Las Vegas shooting. Since this thread is a part of a daily read for the majority of us here, we`ll have to keep it updated while Leopold is protesting.

    • At least 50 people have been killed and more than 200 injured at a country music festival in Las Vegas, in the worst mass shooting in US history. Two police officers are among the dead.
    • The shooter was named by police as Stephen Paddock, 64. Several rifles were found in his room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel, from where he fired multiple rounds at concertgoers at the Route 91 harvest country music festival.
    • Paddock was described as a “lone wolf” with no known links to terrorist groups. His motives are unknown.A Swat team used a controlled explosion to enter his hotel room before shooting him dead.
    • Police believe they have located Paddock’s companion, Marilou Danley, after launching a public hunt for her. She is wanted for questioning and is described as a person of interest.
    • Paddock’s house in Mesquite, Nevada is being searched. His two vehicles have been found.
    • Donald Trump tweeted his condolences and sympathies. His planned trip to hurricane-hit Puerto Rico has been delayed.
    • Jason Aldean, the country music star who was performing as the shooting took place, described the scene as “beyond horrific”. He said he and his crew were safe, but added: “It hurts my heart that this would happen to anyone who was just coming out to enjoy what should have been a fun night.”
    • Concertgoers reported seeing muzzle flashes from the upper floors of the Mandalay Bay hotel and several videos of the aftermath show hundreds of people fleeing in panic as shots continued. Around 40,000 people were attending the festival.
    • Some flights have resumed at the city’s McCarran International airport after all planes were temporarily grounded on Sunday evening.
    It is a real disaster.
    Killing people free, breaking families, i am sorry but these people do not deserve to live.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to celena For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (2 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (2 October 2017)

  21. #1531
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 192 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." Said Joseph Stalin. Even though I have no sympathy to him and to his deeds, I have to admit. Dry numbers are not transmitting the message. Here is the picture of ~200 people standing together. Like this, it`s even way more frightening.

    Name:  MG_6463-1024x675.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  183.3 KB

    Las Vegas attack is the deadliest terrorist attack on US soil since the 9/11 attacks

    God Bless.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luke Affalliance For This Useful Post:

    celena (2 October 2017), ocreditor (2 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (2 October 2017), vtyunby65 (2 October 2017)

  23. #1532
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,711
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,835
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,501 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celena View Post
    It is a real disaster.
    Killing people free, breaking families, i am sorry but these people do not deserve to live.
    Have you seen the way this murder did from the upper floor... no one was able to stop this devil all the way down... so shocking

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ocreditor For This Useful Post:

    celena (2 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (2 October 2017)

  25. #1533
    vtyunby65's Avatar
    vtyunby65 is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    All over the place.
    Posts
    1,187
    Thanks
    3,956
    Thanked 992 Times in 614 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocreditor View Post
    Have you seen the way this murder did from the upper floor... no one was able to stop this devil all the way down... so shocking
    I just don't understand. Why do they do such horrible and inhumane things like this? We're all human and have the same basic needs in order to live and survive. Life is already very hard as it is. We don't need stuff like this happening in the world too. It doesn't help anyone in any way. I think that there's too much hate in the world and competition too. There's just so much unnecessary hate and violence in this world of ours for absolutely nothing. I bet that we can make a real difference in the world if we just learn to find a way to get along with each other. Yes, it's absolutely shocking and disgusting too.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vtyunby65 For This Useful Post:

    celena (3 October 2017), ocreditor (3 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (2 October 2017)

  27. #1534
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 192 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vtyunby65 View Post
    I just don't understand. Why do they do such horrible and inhumane things like this? We're all human and have the same basic needs in order to live and survive. Life is already very hard as it is. We don't need stuff like this happening in the world too. It doesn't help anyone in any way. I think that there's too much hate in the world and competition too. There's just so much unnecessary hate and violence in this world of ours for absolutely nothing. I bet that we can make a real difference in the world if we just learn to find a way to get along with each other. Yes, it's absolutely shocking and disgusting too.
    ISIS took responsibility for the Las Vegas attack claiming that the individual who performed this bloody rampage took Islam one month before.

    I`m not sure if the radical Islam is the case here, however, my next words will help you to understand Islamic terrorism more clearly.

    Firstly, the answer is simple and it starts from - logos(which stands for purpose). Actually that is the most powerful drive within humans. Everybody is searching the purpose of life. Ones are doing it through constant learning and progress. Others are finding logos in helping others. And there are ones who`s logos is to kill infidels in the name of God.

    Remember: people who don`t have logos in their lives - feel themselves unhappy and pointless.

    Secondly, people are lonely. In fact, everybody is born lonely and spends his life to beat this loneliness. There are several ways to feel yourself less lonely: find a partner, a squad of friends, a group of people who share your believes. Joining political movement is also a way to become less lonely.

    Religion is here to offer their logos and community in case you have not developed your own. Since all religious texts are in most cases abstract and a bit outdated, it leaves a big room for speculations and manipulations. As a result, we have radical pro-lifers who want to kill every women who wants to make an abortion, vaccination serum protesters, who put their own kids at risk with their lack of sanity and bearded Islamic terrorists who kill everyone who is different in the name of God.

    The most terrible and twisted thing is that all those people believe they are doing the right thing. There is extremely small percentage of cruel people who kill for pleasure. 99% of killers left, are justifying their actions with some greater(sometimes divine) purpose.

    If you think that it`s only Radical Islam that is a savage, wild and barbaric... meet Radical Orthodox Christianity (well... not as barbaric, but has a potential)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-after-threats


    P.S. 2 gents who helped me to come up with this are called Erich Fromm(Escape from Freedom, The Art of Loving) and Victor Frankl(Man's Search for Meaning (1959 title: "From Death-Camp to Existentialism"). Pretty good read.
    Last edited by Luke Affalliance; 3 October 2017 at 5:49 am.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luke Affalliance For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (3 October 2017), celena (3 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (3 October 2017)

  29. #1535
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,243
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Affalliance View Post
    ISIS took responsibility for the Las Vegas attack claiming that the individual who performed this bloody rampage took Islam one month before.

    I`m not sure that the radical Islam is the case here, however, my next words will help you to understand Islamic terrorism more clearly.

    Firstly, the answer is simple and it starts from - logos(which stands for purpose). Actually that is the most powerful drive within humans. Everybody is searching the purpose of life. Ones are doing it through constant learning and progress. Others are finding logos in helping others. And there are ones who`s logos is to kill infidels in Gods name.

    Remember: people who don`t have logos in their lives - feel themselves unhappy and pointless.

    Secondly, people are lonely. In fact, everybody is born lonely and spends his life to beat this loneliness. There are several ways to feel yourself less lonely: find a partner, a squad of friends, a group of people who share your believes. Joining political movement is also a way to become less lonely.

    Religion is here to offer their logos and community in case you have not developed your own. Since all religious texts are in most cases abstract and a bit outdated, it leaves a big room for speculations and manipulations. As a result, we have radical pro-lifers who want to kill every women who wants to make an abortion, vaccination serum protesters, who put their own kids at risk with their lack of sanity and bearded Islamic terrorists who kill everyone who is different in the name of God.

    The most terrible and twisted thing is that all those people believe they are doing the right thing. There is extremely small percentage of cruel people who kill for pleasure. 99% of killers left, are justifying their actions with some greater(sometimes divine) purpose, meaning that they are persuaded that they are doing a good thing.

    If you think that it`s only Radical Islam that is a savage, wild and barbaric... meet Radical Orthodox Christianity (well... not as barbaric, but has a potential)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-after-threats


    P.S. 2 gents who helped me to come up with this are called Erich Fromm(Escape from Freedom, The Art of Loving) and Victor Frankl(Man's Search for Meaning (1959 title: "From Death-Camp to Existentialism"). Pretty good read.
    Yesterday I heard a video from the sheriff who said that for the time being there was no relationship with Isis.
    We shall see the continuation of the investigations..

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to celena For This Useful Post:

    Roulette Zeitung (3 October 2017), vtyunby65 (3 October 2017)

  31. #1536
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,711
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,835
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,501 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vtyunby65 View Post
    I just don't understand. Why do they do such horrible and inhumane things like this? We're all human and have the same basic needs in order to live and survive. Life is already very hard as it is. We don't need stuff like this happening in the world too. It doesn't help anyone in any way. I think that there's too much hate in the world and competition too. There's just so much unnecessary hate and violence in this world of ours for absolutely nothing. I bet that we can make a real difference in the world if we just learn to find a way to get along with each other. Yes, it's absolutely shocking and disgusting too.
    Some people like this murderer are coming from a criminal family with history of violent and criminal activities...it's hard to know what's in these people heads as shocking as it sound... they think differently and act from frustration, their drive is completely different I think they even hate this world for how the world is "treating" them (at least that what they think...) and this is why some break and decide to "punish" the world... twisted I know

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ocreditor For This Useful Post:

    celena (3 October 2017), Luke Affalliance (3 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (3 October 2017), vtyunby65 (6 October 2017)

  33. #1537
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 192 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    Herostratus (Ancient Greek: Ἡρόστρατος) — or Erostratus — was a 4th-century BC Greek arsonist, who sought notoriety by destroying the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. His acts prompted the creation of a damnatio memoriae law, forbidding anyone to mention his name. Nevertheless, his name has become a metonym for someone who commits a criminal act in order to become noted.

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luke Affalliance For This Useful Post:

    celena (3 October 2017), ocreditor (3 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (3 October 2017)

  35. #1538
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,557
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,243
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 954 Posts

    Default

    I followed the information on Catalonia.
    I saw a video of a young woman, they were three policemen knocking on her.

    Europe remains totally indifferent!
    I do not put the videos is too violent.


  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to celena For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (8 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (6 October 2017), vtyunby65 (6 October 2017)

  37. #1539
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 192 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    US quits Unesco over 'anti-Israel bias'

    The US is pulling out of the UN's cultural organisation Unesco, accusing it of "anti-Israel" bias.
    The agency is known for designating world heritage sites such as Syria's Palmyra and the US Grand Canyon.
    The state department said it was also concerned about mounting financial arrears at Unesco and said the agency needed to be reformed.
    Unesco head Irina Bokova said the withdrawal was a matter of "profound regret".
    She admitted however that "politicisation" had "taken its toll" on the organisation in recent years.
    The withdrawal represented a loss to the "UN family" and to multilateralism, Ms Bokova added.
    It will become effective at the end of December 2018. Until then the US will remain a full member. The US will establish an observer mission at the Paris-based organisation to replace its representation, the state department said.

    'An easy target'

    By Jonathan Marcus, BBC diplomatic correspondent
    Unesco is an easy target for Mr Trump - it is a multilateral body with educational and developmental goals like promoting sex education, literacy, and equality for women.
    The US withdrawal will be seen by many as a manifestation of Mr Trump's "America First" approach and his across-the-board hostility to multilateral organisations; the irony being that Unesco is part of the international architecture that the US helped to establish in the wake of World War Two.
    But it is the organisation's perceived anti-Israel bias that is the fundamental issue here. It has condemned Israel in the past for its activities in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, and earlier this year it designated the old city of Hebron a Palestinian World Heritage Site - a step Israel insisted denied centuries of Jewish history there, not least the Tomb of the Patriarchs that dates back to biblical times.

    The decision follows a string of Unesco decisions that have drawn criticism from the US and Israel.
    In 2011 the US cut much of its funding to the agency in protest at its decision to grant full membership to the Palestinians.
    And last year, Israel suspended co-operation with Unesco after the agency adopted a controversial resolution which made no reference to Jewish ties to a key holy site in Jerusalem.
    The resolution also criticised Israel's activities at holy places in Jerusalem and the occupied West Bank.
    Then earlier this year, the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned Unesco for declaring the Old City of Hebron in the West Bank a Palestinian World Heritage site.
    He accused Unesco of ignoring Judaism's ancient connection to the city, which includes the crypt where its matriarchs and patriarchs are buried.
    The US withdrawal is also motivated by a desire to save money, Foreign Policy magazine reported. The US currently provides $80m (60m) a year to the organisation.
    US President Donald Trump has criticised what he sees as a disproportionate contribution by the US to UN institutions. The US funds 22% of the UN's regular budget and 28% of UN peacekeeping.
    The US was a founding member of Unesco. The Reagan administration withdrew from the organisation in 1984 - accusing the agency of corruption and its ideological bias towards the then Soviet Union - but rejoined in 2002.
    Unesco is in the process of choosing a new leader, with Qatari and French former ministers Hamad bin Abdulaziz al-Kawari and Audrey Azoulay neck-and-neck in the contest to replace Ms Bokova.

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luke Affalliance For This Useful Post:

    celena (12 October 2017), ocreditor (15 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (12 October 2017)

  39. #1540
    Luke Affalliance's Avatar
    Luke Affalliance is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 192 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    Thousands of penguin chicks starve in Antarctica
    Name:  hosting.afp_.comclientsbriefnewsenglishsharedtopaa763c4d14a760c9ac2aad4574f3f7871dd5437c-053c803.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  164.7 KB

    Sydney
    – Mass starvation has wiped out thousands of penguin chicks in Antarctica, with unusually thick sea ice forcing their parents to forage further for food in what conservationists Friday called a “catastrophic breeding failure”.

    French scientists, supported by WWF, have been studying a colony of 18,000 pairs of Adelie penguins in East Antarctica since 2010 and discovered only two chicks survived the most recent breeding season in early 2017.

    Last year CCAMLR agreed to create the world’s largest marine sanctuary covering more than 1.55 million square kilometres (600,000 square miles) — roughly the size of Britain, Germany and France combined — in the Ross Sea area of Antarctica.

    But time ran out on a second proposed protected area in East Antarctica, covering another one million square kilometre zone, where the penguins died.
    “The risk of opening up this area to exploratory krill fisheries, which would compete with the Adelie penguins for food as they recover from two catastrophic breeding failures in four years, is unthinkable,” he said.

  40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luke Affalliance For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (13 October 2017), celena (13 October 2017), ocreditor (15 October 2017), Roulette Zeitung (13 October 2017), vtyunby65 (1 January 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •