Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    APCW's Avatar
    APCW is offline Representative for the Association of Players, Casinos, and Webmasters
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    394
    Blog Entries
    126
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 451 Times in 179 Posts

    Default NetRefer Plot Thickens: APCW Perspectives for 27 January, 2017

    The issues surrounding some affiliate programs
    using NetRefer is getting a bit messy.
    Not only are they hiding webmaster statistical data,
    but some are lying about why this is taking place.
    Making matters worse, the Cashcade affiliate program
    is making questionable moves.

    PS: We know we need to clean the camera lens... thanks.



    WATCH ON YOUTUBE



    NetRefer: http://www.gpwa.org/forum/netrefer-p...ts-230327.html
    Cashcade: http://www.gpwa.org/forum/cashcade-a...th-230419.html

    Fighting for trust, honesty and integrity
    in the online gambling industry!
    Facebook

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to APCW For This Useful Post:

    GlitzyBingo (28 January 2017), Leone_IGT (6 February 2017), ocreditor (31 January 2017), sunsation72 (31 January 2017), The Buzz (16 February 2017)

  3. #2
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,462
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,297
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,280 Posts

    Default

    It's a shame that this such important data is being removed from so many affiliate eyes, if only these programs would know how many affiliates they are losing by this false action they would have add it asap !
    I also dont see any reason why to block this data actually... maybe they dont want the affiliate to know it's real player value... but just maybe I'm not sure

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ocreditor For This Useful Post:

    Roulette Zeitung (31 January 2017)

  5. #3
    Roulette Zeitung's Avatar
    Roulette Zeitung is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,347
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    3,829
    Thanked 4,359 Times in 2,007 Posts

    Default

    "I also dont see any reason why to block this data actually... maybe they dont want the affiliate to know it's real player value"

    This is exact the reason.
    The whole thing is a conspiracy because of the empty coffers in part of this industry. A conspiracy that has started some time ago and you'll see, it's not only a problem of NetRefer.

    In the moment, when you do not have both stats, deposits and withdrawals, you are unable to locate the players who will be booked temporarily or completely out of your account into a ghost account from the program where they remain until they are bankrupt. Then the rotten corpse will be booked back into the affiliate account and you wonder why this player does not continue being a high roller like in the past.

    The reason is simple: 1,000+ programs are too much. Not enough players who can feed all of them. So the logic consequence is that some programs mutates to a hustler.

    Leopold


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roulette Zeitung For This Useful Post:

    happyfeet (1 February 2017)

  7. #4
    Miles_Videoslots's Avatar
    Miles_Videoslots is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 314 Times in 138 Posts

    Default

    As always very entertaining and educational Thanks J
    Last edited by Miles_Videoslots; 31 January 2017 at 8:25 am.

  8. #5
    555's Avatar
    555
    555 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 34 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_Videoslots View Post
    As always very entertaining and educational Thanks J
    Funny comment from you considering that your affiliate program does not show any deposits, amounts, active players, gross revenue or any other vital information to the affiliates.

  9. #6
    Miles_Videoslots's Avatar
    Miles_Videoslots is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 314 Times in 138 Posts

    Default The community has been heard.

    Quote Originally Posted by 555 View Post
    Funny comment from you considering that your affiliate program does not show any deposits, amounts, active players, gross revenue or any other vital information to the affiliates.

    Yes I'm aware of the fact that this is an issue and we have raised it .. We are trying to get some upgrades done and a plan put in place to rectify this and a few other issues we have with our current system.

    The idea is that at some point in time we can get the affiliate setup to match that of the casinos in all areas especially from a transparency point of view as we know how important this is.

    I cant put a line in the sand to say when this will be achieved but we are working hard on it .

    I also have sent this video around to senior management to show just how damaging it could be for a reputation but I can only do so much.

    THE COMMUNITY HAS BEEN HEARD.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Miles_Videoslots For This Useful Post:

    555 (6 February 2017)

  11. #7
    Leone_IGT's Avatar
    Leone_IGT is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    October 2016
    Location
    Gibraltar
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 60 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Interesting info in this episode!
    Leone, Affiliate Marketing Manager

    UK Casino Brands:
    - LadyLucks.co.uk --> UK online casino
    - MoobileGames.com
    - EliteMobileCasino.co.uk
    - TouchMyBingo.co.uk
    - VeryVegas.co.uk

    www.igtpartners.com --> Register an account with "IGT Partners - Affiliate Program"


  12. #8
    555's Avatar
    555
    555 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 34 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_Videoslots View Post
    Yes I'm aware of the fact that this is an issue and we have raised it .. We are trying to get some upgrades done and a plan put in place to rectify this and a few other issues we have with our current system.

    The idea is that at some point in time we can get the affiliate setup to match that of the casinos in all areas especially from a transparency point of view as we know how important this is.

    I cant put a line in the sand to say when this will be achieved but we are working hard on it .

    I also have sent this video around to senior management to show just how damaging it could be for a reputation but I can only do so much.

    THE COMMUNITY HAS BEEN HEARD.
    It is also funny that you once were among the most transparent programs when you showed all expenses such as license fees, bank fees etc. But you deliberately decided to turn these off for all affiliates without any good reason. You (VS) said it was a temporary thing but the years has passed since. I guess this was before you started working for Videoslots.

  13. #9
    Miles_Videoslots's Avatar
    Miles_Videoslots is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 314 Times in 138 Posts

    Default

    Ok I understand the frustrations this is causing and yes this was before my time but to say this was deliberate is using language that is a little harsh I believe.

    I know the system was lacking in a lot of ways in the past but the one thing it did do was show more financial information and was 100% more transparent your correct in saying that.

    The owners have gone a long way in rectifying the poor program with a much more user friendly version but its a baby and still needs to grow up .. we are working on it . We are working hard to get to a point where we can show what we need to show in order to give affiliates comfort and yes be more transparent by showing you business critical information.

    Why it was removed I cant say in fact I don't know as you say before my time.

    When it will be added back again I am unsure of a date what I am sure of is we have bought it to the attention of those concerned and will try our best to get it sorted in time.

    I'm just asking for your patience and understanding as these things take time I'm working on it ..

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Miles_Videoslots For This Useful Post:

    555 (13 February 2017)

  15. #10
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    1,443
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 910 Times in 573 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_Videoslots View Post

    Why it was removed I cant say in fact I don't know as you say before my time.
    .

    There is only one reason to remove this info, we know it you know it and they know it...

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    555 (28 February 2017), casaffiliate (13 February 2017)

  17. #11
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 119 Times in 71 Posts

    Default

    An interesting series of posts that I have been following. Looking forward to hearing the actual reasons and solutions with all concerned.

  18. #12
    Madz's Avatar
    Madz is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_Videoslots View Post

    Why it was removed I cant say in fact I don't know as you say before my time.
    Can you not just ask your boss?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Madz For This Useful Post:

    555 (2 March 2017)

  20. #13
    slots-guide.eu's Avatar
    slots-guide.eu is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 62 Times in 34 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by APCW View Post
    The issues surrounding some affiliate programs
    using NetRefer is getting a bit messy.
    Not only are they hiding webmaster statistical data,
    but some are lying about why this is taking place.
    Making matters worse, the Cashcade affiliate program
    is making questionable moves.

    PS: We know we need to clean the camera lens... thanks.



    WATCH ON YOUTUBE



    NetRefer: http://www.gpwa.org/forum/netrefer-p...ts-230327.html
    Cashcade: http://www.gpwa.org/forum/cashcade-a...th-230419.html


    Was there ever any update on this?

    Can Netrefer not simply make all stats available to all affiliates on all programs?

    Also while they are at it, can they get rid of that awful new system? For a year now I've been using the old system on all my programs yet I still get thaose damned pop-ups every day asking me which system I want to use.

  21. #14
    slots-guide.eu's Avatar
    slots-guide.eu is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 62 Times in 34 Posts

  22. #15
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,462
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,297
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,280 Posts

    Default

    Netrefer is a third party service, the clients (affiliate programs) can setup their system as they like and they choose to hide/show the field they "think" you you see... so I dont think Netrefer are a side here with regards to transparency.
    The affiliate programs who choose to hide this data are the one to blame for this, there's no reason to hide deposits amount or withdrawals data unless they want us not to see the hole picture so they can manipulate the stats if or when they want.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to ocreditor For This Useful Post:

    wonderpunter (8 August 2017)

  24. #16
    happyfeet's Avatar
    happyfeet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    255
    Thanked 396 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocreditor View Post
    Netrefer is a third party service, the clients (affiliate programs) can setup their system as they like and they choose to hide/show the field they "think" you you see... so I dont think Netrefer are a side here with regards to transparency.
    The affiliate programs who choose to hide this data are the one to blame for this, there's no reason to hide deposits amount or withdrawals data unless they want us not to see the hole picture so they can manipulate the stats if or when they want.

    I believe the point J.Todd (APCW) is making, Netrefer is 3'rd party affiliate tracking program, which is used by gambling aff program. Simply put, Netrefer should have some insight into what "affiliates" need from programs to be 100% transparent.

    It's not unlike what a casino player expects. That is, a casino operator can not change or alter the RTP or other more dubious mods.

    Back to NetRefer. Affiliates need (not to be confused with want) to see the total running deposits from each player and a total of these deposits. Netrefer should know this. Yet have programmed in the option to allow an affiliate program to "hide" these deposits.

    The aff program could not "hide" the deposits, without the Netrefer client program allowing it in the first place.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyfeet For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (8 August 2017), slots-guide.eu (8 August 2017)

  26. #17
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,462
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,297
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,280 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happyfeet View Post
    I believe the point J.Todd (APCW) is making, Netrefer is 3'rd party affiliate tracking program, which is used by gambling aff program. Simply put, Netrefer should have some insight into what "affiliates" need from programs to be 100% transparent.

    It's not unlike what a casino player expects. That is, a casino operator can not change or alter the RTP or other more dubious mods.

    Back to NetRefer. Affiliates need (not to be confused with want) to see the total running deposits from each player and a total of these deposits. Netrefer should know this. Yet have programmed in the option to allow an affiliate program to "hide" these deposits.

    The aff program could not "hide" the deposits, without the Netrefer client program allowing it in the first place.
    Thanks for your post reply; first of all, I totally agree with what you're saying, Netrefer shouldn't add this feature in the first place...
    BUT ( and there's a big but here), Netrefer is not "serving" affiliates unfortunately, plus i'm quite positive that originally Netrefer didn't have this option but clients/brands demanded to add this and Netrefer (which is after all still a business) which interested to expand, get more clients and make more money at the end, submitted to some clients demands and programed this feature... it's wrong no matter from where you look at it,
    From Netrefer side and from the brands side even more

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to ocreditor For This Useful Post:

    happyfeet (8 August 2017)

  28. #18
    happyfeet's Avatar
    happyfeet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    255
    Thanked 396 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocreditor View Post
    Netrefer is not "serving" affiliates unfortunately, plus i'm quite positive that originally Netrefer didn't have this option but clients/brands demanded to add this and Netrefer (which is after all still a business) which interested to expand, get more clients and make more money at the end, submitted to some clients demands and programed this feature... it's wrong no matter from where you look at it,
    From Netrefer side and from the brands side even more
    I don't wish to take this off-topic, but it seems affiliates caught in this quagmire, are not unlike affiliates getting caught with program either retroactively adding player quota's, or worse, closing accounts on the basis of inactivity.

    Neither of these actions are ethical. I'd go so far as to say both actions are criminal.

    The connection/comparsion I'm making here is, at some point (better now than later) affiliates need to say (in a combined voice), enough is enough. We're not going to accept anything but 100% transparency from programs, going forward. IMO unless a line is drawn in the sand, then programs will continue to keep pushing that line closer and closer to their goal posts. And, by that stage, affiliates will have very little, if anything to fight for, cause the programs will have ALL their "life time promised commissions".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •