Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    damage83 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2014
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts

    Default Paddy Power Account - Suspended

    Had this message when trying to log in today. Guess this is another company trying to screw people over probably due to being a quiet few months for us. This is really getting out of hand now. Too many programmes are getting away with this. What are us smaller affiliates supposed to do?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to damage83 For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  3. #2
    crowngate is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 32 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Same thing happened to me yesterday:

    Your Affiliate account has been suspended due to the lack of activity over the last 6 months. Under the terms of our Affiliate agreement, Paddy Power Betfair has the right to terminate this agreement, if you do not deliver at least one new customer in a given calendar month. We flagged this situation with your account with you by email (sent to the email address included in your account) on the 2nd of August, 2017. Since we did not get any response on our email, we have proceeded with suspending your account.

    Kind regards,
    Affiliate Team


    They don't do well for me and the pool of "partners" I work with is one more down.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to crowngate For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  5. #3
    damage83 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2014
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Well at least you have an explanation lol. Nothing has been sent to me at all. To be fair Paddy are useless to me anyway but it makes me think who else could be next because it has been a tough year across all of my affiliates. Not good at all.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to damage83 For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  7. #4
    crowngate is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 32 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Only got the explanation after I couldn't log in and emailed them!

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to crowngate For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  9. #5
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,984
    Thanks
    11,826
    Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,649 Posts

    Default

    Interesting...

    I looked at my stats with them and over the past few months, conversions have dropped drastically. Noteworthy is that the quality of my traffic has not changed in any way that I can see.
    *** This space intentionally left blank ***

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  11. #6
    damage83 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2014
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    This is the 3rd affiliate in last 2 months that has done this to me now. Seems revenue share means nothing these days.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damage83 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  13. #7
    Betivity is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2017
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. It's totally unfair from an affiliate's standpoint and I'm not seeing their justification for doing so. Anybody know why they are doing this?

    Quote Originally Posted by damage83 View Post
    This is the 3rd affiliate in last 2 months that has done this to me now. Seems revenue share means nothing these days.
    Which are the other 2 who have done this?

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Betivity For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  15. #8
    damage83 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2014
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Ladbrokes, were one plus marathon bet. Have also had threats from others that I wont yet name and also had commission dropped by sky bet and 10bet affiliates. For us it has been a tough few months as there have been a few set backs however these affiliates don't seem to give a damn. The moment they get a chance to drop you they will. It is a joke of an industry at the moment. Not everyone can convert as well as others and the smaller affiliates are the ones that seem to be suffering the most.

    By the way I did actually get a reply this morning from paddy and they said they emailed on the 2nd of august with a warning which I know is a complete lie.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damage83 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  17. #9
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,757
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 785 Posts

    Default

    I agree it's tough times at the moment. A lot of previously half decent programs have gone downhill over the last 1-2 years, though I must say the majority of them were never the best payers to start with - they were the lower/medium programs at best.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), allaboutthebets (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  19. #10
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,757
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 785 Posts

    Default

    It's very worrying to know that years of hard work could do down the crapper with a couple of bad months. That's not a nice feeling to have in any business where you think you have a partnership with someone.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  21. #11
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,984
    Thanks
    11,826
    Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,649 Posts

    Default

    Anyone's stats update for yesterday's activity at Paddy? I'm not showing anything and generally the stats are updated about 2 hours ago.
    *** This space intentionally left blank ***

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (21 October 2017), RacingJim (31 August 2017)

  23. #12
    damage83 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2014
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    To be fair the one I have lost are not really any loss to me but it is just worrying that it seems they can keep getting away with this. Only a matter of time before one of my better payers do the same. Not good.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to damage83 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017), RacingJim (31 August 2017)

  25. #13
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,757
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 785 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Anyone's stats update for yesterday's activity at Paddy? I'm not showing anything and generally the stats are updated about 2 hours ago.
    Yep same here, all 0s not yet updated.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  27. #14
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    3,933
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default

    If you think about it, this kind of behaviour is just going to come to back and bite them in the ass in the long run. By making it harder for smaller affs it's favouring the big groups who could well pick up a bigger share of the accounts. And the bigger accounts get paid at higher percentages so it's just going to end up costing them more.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  29. #15
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,757
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 785 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    If you think about it, this kind of behaviour is just going to come to back and bite them in the ass in the long run. By making it harder for smaller affs it's favouring the big groups who could well pick up a bigger share of the accounts. And the bigger accounts get paid at higher percentages so it's just going to end up costing them more.
    Yeh I think they're looking at it maybe that they only want to work with the big-ish affiliates.

    e.g. rather than pay:
    Small Affiliate A, B, C, D E F etc 100 each
    Pay Big Affiliate A: 5000
    Big Affiliate B: 10,000

    It's clear they are looking at it from an administration saving point of view, running round after thousands of small affiliates is obviously annoying to some of these companies.

    What it completely fails to see though is that to a man, probably all the big affiliates at one point started out as small affiliates. It's a bit like fishing for whales, you have to catch lots of small fish to snare a whale. Oddschecker at one point was some small bloke starting a firm with a good idea, as are most the big online entities. Shut them off at source and you've just dropped a clanger.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  31. #16
    MannyBetting's Avatar
    MannyBetting is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 109 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    Yeh I think they're looking at it maybe that they only want to work with the big-ish affiliates.

    e.g. rather than pay:
    Small Affiliate A, B, C, D E F etc 100 each
    Pay Big Affiliate A: 5000
    Big Affiliate B: 10,000

    It's clear they are looking at it from an administration saving point of view, running round after thousands of small affiliates is obviously annoying to some of these companies.

    What it completely fails to see though is that to a man, probably all the big affiliates at one point started out as small affiliates. It's a bit like fishing for whales, you have to catch lots of small fish to snare a whale. Oddschecker at one point was some small bloke starting a firm with a good idea, as are most the big online entities. Shut them off at source and you've just dropped a clanger.
    I'm with you to a point there, but what running around do the likes of Paddy actually do? They never answer their e-mails, the never comminicate on a one to one basis. Their affiliate backend and payment system is automated. So all they actually do is include more people on a bulk sending list. Where's the administrative overhead in that? Or maybe I'm missing something.
    www.manny-betting.net the no BS betting blog

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MannyBetting For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  33. #17
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,757
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 785 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyBetting View Post
    I'm with you to a point there, but what running around do the likes of Paddy actually do? They never answer their e-mails, the never comminicate on a one to one basis. Their affiliate backend and payment system is automated. So all they actually do is include more people on a bulk sending list. Where's the administrative overhead in that? Or maybe I'm missing something.
    Yeh I'm just looking at it from their point of view, I certainly don't think they are correct in being like this.

    I can see admin maybe in terms of:
    - Sending lots of small payments via different methods, checking them off against affiliate accounts, marking as paid etc
    - Dealing with small affiliate queries e.g. "I didn't get my 100 this month" type stuff, 'do you have banners for offer X in Size Y'
    - Checking sites are complying with the rules, i.e. rules of the affiliate program and wider legislation e.g. UK gambling/advertising rules

    It's all part and parcel of it and I don't see how it would take up loads of staff or time if organised and done correctly, but some companies just seem to have contempt for it all, Paddy are one of them. Their attitude in my comms to them has been the most shocking bar Bet Victor.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  35. #18
    damage83 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2014
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    I personally do not think it is anything to do with admin. Its more money shaving I think. I think most of them begrudge paying out commissions to small affiliates on people they have referred in the past when they are not bringing on many more new ones. Regardless it is still very wrong and there is no way I can see their point of view what so ever. They promised lifetime commission on all players referred as did so many others but now are getting accounts closed on shady technicalities so they can pocket the commission that you should be earning. It is disgraceful behaviour.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damage83 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  37. #19
    crowngate is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 32 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by damage83 View Post
    I personally do not think it is anything to do with admin. Its more money shaving I think. I think most of them begrudge paying out commissions to small affiliates on people they have referred in the past when they are not bringing on many more new ones. Regardless it is still very wrong and there is no way I can see their point of view what so ever. They promised lifetime commission on all players referred as did so many others but now are getting accounts closed on shady technicalities so they can pocket the commission that you should be earning. It is disgraceful behaviour.
    That is exactly what is happening, betvictor did the same to me, skybet have done the same with their quota.It's theft and they know they can get away with it.

    Upper management have had a meeting and looked at ways to cut costs.





    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crowngate For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

  39. #20
    damage83 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2014
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Sky Bet started the ball rolling when they added quotas. No one did anything about it and now many more programmes are following suit. The problem for the smaller affiliate is that we are unlikely to get much backing from the large affiliates. The less affiliates there are the more market share they have which is great for them but not great for the rest.

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damage83 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (31 August 2017), BestBonusBets (21 October 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •