Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    pooey is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Penguin 2.0 rolled out today

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pooey For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (23 May 2013), baldidiot (23 May 2013), dfiocch (23 May 2013), edgarf76 (24 May 2013), Moonlight Cat (23 May 2013), Parth84 (23 May 2013)

Frank Benjamin is offline Private Member
    Thanks

So far my SERPS haven't been negatively affected, unlike after the original Penguin release. My rankings seem to be pretty much unchanged or a 2-3 spot increase.

After learning about the pending release of Penguin 2.0 a couple of weeks ago, I actually halted much of my SEO campaigns to see what is going to happen (Why continue with something that Google might not like). Now that I haven't sunk like before, I will be restarting my campaign in a couple weeks as soon as my new computer arrives and I am done moving into my new house!

Before I end this, I have to thank GaryTheScubaGuy. He guided me out of my Penguin whole.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Benjamin For This Useful Post:

GaryTheScubaGuy (23 May 2013)

Anthony-Coral is offline Former Employee of Coral
    Thanks

You were in a Penguin's hole?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony-Coral For This Useful Post:

freebetsfreetips (24 May 2013)

baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,144 Posts

I've done pretty well out of this, actually - one site tentatively off the naughty step and gains for nearly all my niche sites (including a fair few #1 spots).

Can't complain...
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (23 May 2013), Anthony-Coral (23 May 2013)

Moonlight Cat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 587 Posts

GFPC is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

All exactly identical - zero changes. I am 100% sure now the disavow tool does not work!
    And still not 1 single person can prove to me a person can get out of Penguin if hit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HodgeyBoy View Post
    You were in a Penguin's hole?
    Sorry for a typo at 3 am. No need for an unhelpful, smart-ass comment. Is that a reflection of how you help your affiliates or just an unprofessional comment from the Head of Affiliates at Coral?

Anthony-Coral is offline Former Employee of Coral
    Thanks

Woah - Stand down your armies, Frank!

Was just a comment on a forum; its no reflection of either your typing or my professionalism

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony-Coral For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (23 May 2013), Voids (23 May 2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Can someone show me an example of a site getting out of Penguins Filter? Seriously everyone talks about how its possible but no one can verify a single site to me. I have seriously done everything possible for a site of mine, adding all new content on 120 pages, used disavow tool removed all links,
    restructured site, asked webmasters to remove suspected links, removed adds above fold, several other things - and since the inception of Peguin our site continues to not show at all in google results anywhere before page 20. I have submitted 5-6 reconsiderations and that proves its not manual.

I just want someone to show me1 single example - because the more i read on the forums it seems everyone thinks they know the recipe to get out a Penguin Filter and many claim its been done yet not 1 person shares a url

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    And still not 1 single person can prove to me a person can get out of Penguin if hit.
    What proof are you looking for?

I have a thread somewhere on here highlighting how I escaped Penguin. I was completely out of the SERPS after the original Penguin. Last November or December I started climbing back. I am now close to where I was before Penguin.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Benjamin For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (23 May 2013)

Thanks

Was just a comment on a forum; its no reflection of either your typing or my professionalism
    Sorry, but as Head of Affiliates, every comment you make on this forum is a reflection of your professionalism and to your brand.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Im just looking for an example and yet no one can show me. Thanks Frank at least for acknowledgement as most people do not even provide that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    I just want someone to show me1 single example - because the more i read on the forums it seems everyone thinks they know the recipe to get out a Penguin Filter and many claim its been done yet not 1 person shares a url
    My escape was simple after it was explained to me, I moved my site to a subdomain and redirect it. Google looks at subdomains as a completely new/separate sites. I then paid attention to my on-site SEO buly focusing in interlinking old Nd new posts, designing custom category and tag pages and adding new content.

The on-site stuff really doesn't have anything to do with Penguin, but it does help with rankings and such.

As for my off-site SEO, I am very selective where my links go. I have also built a private network of free Web 2.0 site (all customized as much as possible) as well as self hosted sites. I periodically allow others to post on these sites so that links aren't simply going to my site.

I focus mainly on quality content and links instead of paying for spun crap.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Benjamin For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (23 May 2013)

thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Benjamin View Post
    Sorry, but as Head of Affiliates, every comment you make on this forum is a reflection of your professionalism and to your brand.
    calm down mate, he was only messing about

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebookiesoffers For This Useful Post:

baldidiot (23 May 2013), GamblersHeaven (24 May 2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Frank. I do not see an example so I will have to take your word for it I guess. Still not one person can share A URL but for argument sake lets take your case for example.

You have used a subdomain which like you said is treated by google as a new site. SO essentially what you have done is just created a new site and 301 redirects your old site to the sub domain.

This would be the same as 301 redirecting the site to any other domain and just adding a 301 redirect - which I have heard eventually transfers the penalty over to the new site.

What I am after is sites that do not have to use these methods. A site that can get a Penguin Penalty lifted just by cleaning itself up and not having to create a new site or subdomain and using 301s.

That I am saying is must likely not possible and no one has proven otherwise.

I know you can 301 redirect to a diff domain and add your content to the new domain - but from what i have scene the penalty follows.

Anyways if anyone can show me an example of a site getting out of a penguin penalty while remaining in tact please do so. Again I do not think its possible and no one has proven me wrong.

Cheers

dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Some positive movements from my side, also "jumps" from #250+ to top 10. But traffic still down...

Thanks

GFPC,

My site is oddsonbetting.net. You will see it redirects to subdomain us.oddsonbetting.net. All of the pages of my site that are indexed are of the subdomain.

I did the redirect for over 7 months and can say that the penalty did not follow me. I did my redirect because it was suggested by GaryTheScubaGuy and he said the penalty wouldn't follow but shortly after I moved it someone on hear said that it might. The only thing I know is that it didn't follow me.

What proof are you asking for. You say you want proof but haven't said what would satisfy you as proof.

Try reaching out to Gary. He has helped me a ton over the years and has never steered me wrong nor asked for anything in return. I can't say how much I appreciate and value his advice and opinion.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Benjamin For This Useful Post:

GaryTheScubaGuy (23 May 2013), GFPC (23 May 2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Frank - I see what you mean and know what you mean. That is wonderful that the penalty did not follow. I have spoken to some webmasters several months ago who did a 301 to a new domain and the penalty did in fact follow them from what they told me. I am glad to hear you did not have that happen to yourself. Crossing my fingers it doesn't anytime soon.

What I want to know and have wanted to know for over a year now is how to get a site out of a penguin filter without doing a 301 redirect and moving your content to a new domain or subdomain.

So if your site for example - would you have been able to get penguin lifted if you did not move it to a new domain?

Essentially what I think is - you did not actually get a penguin filter lifted from your site cause you moved it to a subdomain.

What i want to know is can a site get a penality lifted without any of this which I am now 100% certain you cant.

Voids is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Don't worry Hodgey I enjoyed the banter.

Thanks

GFPC, I understand what you want. I don't know if it is possible. I was so frustrated and I was unable to clean bad links so this was my only alternative aside from rebuilding the site on a new domain.

For what I understand is that Penguin 1.0 worked in the domain level and 2.0 goes deeper. Not sure if that helps or hurts. Or maybe that is why the penalty didn't follow to my subdomain. Not sure - all I know is that it worked and I haven't experience any issues with 2.0.

I didn't really get the penalty removed. i simply escaped from it by slipping my site over to a subdomain.

But I did learn a lesson from 1.0, which is to not to look for shortcuts and build the best and most useful site I can.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Benjamin For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (23 May 2013)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast