Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
  1. #1
    Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 121 Times in 84 Posts

    Default Super Affiliates on GPWA

    Do many super affiliates visit GPWA and post messages also?

    I know of Gooner, Sherlock, TravG and of course the owners of GPWA.

    Perhaps there should be a badge that mentions this besides their username; Michael, Anthony and Rick could come up with a way to sort out the list based on the performance of their websites or they could be given the option to provide the proof.

    This would be good for affiliates who can learn a lot from little tidbits posted by them; many times serious advice on trustable programs. A lot of clues on dos and don'ts to can be gathered from their posts.

    Yes?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Malikbhai For This Useful Post:

    vtyunby65 (6 June 2018)

  3. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Security/Membership Team
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Sinking Faster, just when I thought it couldn't get worse it did!
    Posts
    24,068
    Thanks
    1,443
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 4,211 Posts

    Default

    Based on traffic numbers? Some may not want to reveal that.

    Based on income amounts? Not many at all would reveal that publicly.

    Many members can learn much from members here, regardless of their traffic numbers or income levels.

    Rick
    Universal4

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (13 March 2018), Renee (12 March 2018), sweetbet (11 March 2018), Topboss (10 June 2018), vtyunby65 (10 March 2018)

  5. #3
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    844
    Thanked 631 Times in 415 Posts

    Default

    How would we define what a "super affiliate" is anyway?

    100 FTDs a month? 1,000? 10,000?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

    Hyppere (6 June 2018), Scampi (11 March 2018)

  7. #4
    Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 121 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    How would we define what a "super affiliate" is anyway?

    100 FTDs a month? 1,000? 10,000?
    $100K per month at least in earnings.

    But, Rick has a point; no one will share this information.

    Even if a number was put on FTDs; people wouldn't reveal for fear of giving away too much information to their competition.

    Was a thought, nevertheless.

  8. #5
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    8,702
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,131
    Thanked 3,183 Times in 2,031 Posts

    Default

    There are definitely what I'd call super affiliates posting here, however they either don't log in and just browse or don't make it known who they are/that they are a super affiliate.

    As Rick said, everyone here provides valuable information regardless of their size. Just because someone might have been doing something for a long time or made it big, doesn't mean they aren't still learning things too.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    Eddie G (12 March 2018), faithnomore (12 March 2018), ocreditor (13 March 2018), vtyunby65 (12 March 2018)

  10. #6
    Martyn is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 94 Times in 39 Posts

    Default

    An icon next to a users name will act as bait for people like me (in my role) to pester them via PM to try get them to promote my brands. Of course I wouldn't do that, but there are many that would.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martyn For This Useful Post:

    allaboutthebets (12 March 2018), ocreditor (13 March 2018), Renee (12 March 2018), Scampi (12 March 2018), vtyunby65 (12 March 2018)

  12. #7
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Security/Membership Team
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Sinking Faster, just when I thought it couldn't get worse it did!
    Posts
    24,068
    Thanks
    1,443
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 4,211 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    for people like me (in my role) to pester them
    Hmmm, and here I assumed he just came here to pester Renee....

    Rick
    Universal4

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    vtyunby65 (12 March 2018)

  14. #8
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    8,702
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,131
    Thanked 3,183 Times in 2,031 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Hmmm, and here I assumed he just came here to pester Renee....

    Rick
    Universal4
    He does. Pesters me here, on facebook, skype, snapchat.
    Can't stay away, that guy.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  15. #9
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,834
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked 4,416 Times in 1,476 Posts

    Default

    Estimates of the traffic a website receives are easily available using third-party services. Sometimes the estimates are pretty accurate, sometimes not, but they at least provide some indication of the relative level of traffic sites receive. Casino City has a database of nearly 10,000 affiliate websites, and we have used various API services like those provided by Alexa, Hitwise, MOZ, Similarweb, and others to obtain a variety of metrics about both portal and operator sites. We rank portals using this information, and those portal ranks have been provided for a long time in the portal directory available on this site. And, when members provide information about the sites they operate to publish here, it means it is possible to look at top sites and see who those sites are associated with. I think that is all well and good for members knowing who is associated with particular sites when they want to network about those sites. And if you are curious about a particular member, you can easily click on the link to see their member profile, which includes their sites and the available statistics about them.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot

    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  16. #10
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    1,870
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 794 Posts

    Default

    Traffic volume is not always the deciding factor, I noticed one portal with huge traffic numbers which 80% comes from one major keyword with no real value, 400 clicks to conversion type keyword, then there is also player value.. whats better 50 $10 first time players or or one $500 long term player? usually the 500 ftd guys turn into 3k per month guys, imo a super affiliate is 250k per month in profit generated for the portal.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    Malikbhai (13 March 2018)

  18. #11
    Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 121 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    Traffic volume is not always the deciding factor, I noticed one portal with huge traffic numbers which 80% comes from one major keyword with no real value, 400 clicks to conversion type keyword, then there is also player value.. whats better 50 $10 first time players or or one $500 long term player? usually the 500 ftd guys turn into 3k per month guys, imo a super affiliate is 250k per month in profit generated for the portal.
    3% on 100 organics would be really good.

    Agree on the traffic bit. Yes.

  19. #12
    Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 121 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post
    Estimates of the traffic a website receives are easily available using third-party services. Sometimes the estimates are pretty accurate, sometimes not, but they at least provide some indication of the relative level of traffic sites receive. Casino City has a database of nearly 10,000 affiliate websites, and we have used various API services like those provided by Alexa, Hitwise, MOZ, Similarweb, and others to obtain a variety of metrics about both portal and operator sites. We rank portals using this information, and those portal ranks have been provided for a long time in the portal directory available on this site. And, when members provide information about the sites they operate to publish here, it means it is possible to look at top sites and see who those sites are associated with. I think that is all well and good for members knowing who is associated with particular sites when they want to network about those sites. And if you are curious about a particular member, you can easily click on the link to see their member profile, which includes their sites and the available statistics about them.

    Michael
    My thread was more about knowing whose making the advice on a particular topic. For example, you would know what you are talking about on a particular sales tactic in the gambling industry compared to me; who is just trying to act macho. You got age and experience; I got worthless instagram.

    Super affiliates bring expertise; and if they are good-natured, then advice from them can be productive for a smart and eager to learn newbie affiliate.

    A badge would even encourage them to slide into mentorship roles on this forum during their free time.

    The idea of super affiliate badges on this forum should be kept on the table for a possible revisit.

  20. #13
    Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 121 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    There are definitely what I'd call super affiliates posting here, however they either don't log in and just browse or don't make it known who they are/that they are a super affiliate.

    As Rick said, everyone here provides valuable information regardless of their size. Just because someone might have been doing something for a long time or made it big, doesn't mean they aren't still learning things too.
    Very PC response and no not everyone provides valuable information. The worth of information is based out of experience and professional achievement.

    For example, I would take your advice on a particular AM related issue than an actual affiliate; this is because you have earned your recognition through putting in the hours; which is not the case for any other random wannabe (like me) username on this forum.
    Last edited by Malikbhai; 13 March 2018 at 12:30 pm.

  21. #14
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    8,702
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,131
    Thanked 3,183 Times in 2,031 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malikbhai View Post
    A badge would even encourage them to slide into mentorship roles on this forum during their free time.
    I would say that super affiliates are super affiliates because they are spending their time on their own stuff. I don't think they are out there helping other people to make money. Just my 2 cents.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malikbhai View Post
    Very PC response and no not everyone provides valuable information. The worth of information is based out of experience and professional achievement.

    For example, I would take your advice on a particular AM related issue than an actual affiliate; this is because you have earned your recognition through putting in the hours; which is not the case for any other random wannabe (like me) username on this forum.
    I respectfully disagree. Experts can still learn things. Just because you're an expert it doesn't mean you know everything there is to know. That's why you see academics continually doing new courses. Or teachers of certain skills still going to classes. Everyone has a different point of view or style about how they do or see things. It can be applied to anything in life. There is always more than one way to skin a cat. Anyone who thinks they can never learn anything new is not someone you ever want to learn from.

    BTW - I've never been called PC before. It might be the only thing that offends me
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    allaboutthebets (14 March 2018), AussieDave (14 March 2018), paulpuolakka (14 March 2018), PromoteCasino (14 March 2018), vtyunby65 (13 March 2018), Zuga (14 March 2018)

  23. #15
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    844
    Thanked 631 Times in 415 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post
    Estimates of the traffic a website receives are easily available using third-party services. Sometimes the estimates are pretty accurate, sometimes not, but they at least provide some indication of the relative level of traffic sites receive. Casino City has a database of nearly 10,000 affiliate websites, and we have used various API services like those provided by Alexa, Hitwise, MOZ, Similarweb, and others to obtain a variety of metrics about both portal and operator sites. We rank portals using this information, and those portal ranks have been provided for a long time in the portal directory available on this site. And, when members provide information about the sites they operate to publish here, it means it is possible to look at top sites and see who those sites are associated with. I think that is all well and good for members knowing who is associated with particular sites when they want to network about those sites. And if you are curious about a particular member, you can easily click on the link to see their member profile, which includes their sites and the available statistics about them.

    Michael

    In looking through the portal rankings, I find that there are many sites with the exact same GPWA Traffic Rank. Examples:


    Name:  pmLCGuR.png
Views: 220
Size:  15.1 KB


    Name:  YAxSM5z.png
Views: 218
Size:  29.3 KB

    Name:  hqQZK4w.png
Views: 216
Size:  21.7 KB

    Many multiples at rank 837, 501, 215, etc etc etc.



    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    There are definitely what I'd call super affiliates posting here, however they either don't log in and just browse or don't make it known who they are/that they are a super affiliat

    I am curious of your opinion, as an AM, what exactly constitutes a "super-affiliate"?
    Last edited by PROFRBcom; 5 June 2018 at 11:54 am.

  24. #16
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 478 Times in 273 Posts

    Default

    I think your all Super! and we all get a participation super badge , Sorry in the US were not allowed to give kids trophies for success anymore, everyone is a winner, or SUPER!! congrats!
    Allfreechips online casino guide offers online casino reviews from our members. Also our exclusive No Deposit casino bonuses are always up to date. See the latest slot machine reviews at Hotslot and exclusive no deposit casino bonuses as well with a good dose of daily online gambling news

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allfreechips For This Useful Post:

    Anthony (5 June 2018), Planet Mark (5 June 2018), Scampi (5 June 2018)

  26. #17
    Triple7 is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Location
    Transylvania
    Posts
    2,293
    Thanks
    1,527
    Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,069 Posts

    Default

    I do agree the value people are giving to an opinion may differ. That's why Gary Lineker does football game analytics and not Britney Spears. But I do not think many affiliates are willing to provide too much details to GPWA, leave alone proving that details with evidence.

  27. #18
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    844
    Thanked 631 Times in 415 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allfreechips View Post
    I think your all Super! and we all get a participation super badge , Sorry in the US were not allowed to give kids trophies for success anymore, everyone is a winner, or SUPER!! congrats!

    Just saw this morning that the Miss America pageant is no longer doing swimsuit and evening gown competitions. Contestants are not to be judged based on their looks. Instead they will base decisions on participants "social-impact policies".

    Yeah... what a brave new world. Aren't you excited? Everyone is a special snow-flake! But no one is allowed to actually be recognized for being above average/special because it hurts other people's feelings.

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

    allaboutthebets (7 June 2018), Scampi (5 June 2018), Sherlock (5 June 2018), Triple7 (5 June 2018)

  29. #19
    Triple7 is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Location
    Transylvania
    Posts
    2,293
    Thanks
    1,527
    Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,069 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    Just saw this morning that the Miss America pageant is no longer doing swimsuit and evening gown competitions. Contestants are not to be judged based on their looks. Instead they will base decisions on participants "social-impact policies".

    Yeah... what a brave new world. Aren't you excited? Everyone is a special snow-flake! But no one is allowed to actually be recognized for being above average/special because it hurts other people's feelings.
    Up to the Olympics where everybody gets the gold medal. No matter if you did the marathon in a bit more than 2 hours or in 2 days.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    PROFRBcom (7 August 2018)

  31. #20
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    2,213
    Thanks
    645
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 944 Posts

    Default

    But in fact that snow-flake world is "just" a social construct that is making the top players even more valuable. The best are still the best and they just cost even more.

    All this annoying blabbering in the end make the border between people stiffer and not softer. It is just not allowed to talk about it or in a way to think about it.

    This fight against objectification of women is as silly as fight against gambling. The purpose of gambling is risking the money in a game of losers. The purpose of sexual desire of men is the objectification.

    So the gamblers who will want to lose their money without limits will do so, just at worse casinos.
    The guys who want the real women will just compete more for less women who are ok or even enjoy being objectified.
    (For example (my observation): At social events of the highest class the biggest difference compared to gathering of normal folks is not hectolitres of champagne for free, but the behavior of women. They have a zero problem "just" to smile, wearing nice dress and be a complement of the businessmen. They are the objects and they are not depressed with the deal, because of course they have no bad life, even when they must follow somebody and keep shining. Yes, it is a more complex thing, there are also women, who are in business and not the object there, but I hope you get my point.)

    So with the gentle approach to snow-flakes in reality nothing changes. Just (with the brutal language of right wing economy) the relative prices are shifted. I believe this narrative to protect everybody against everything is here exactly to divide the society and leave the majority exposed and humiliated. It is like denying to children to be in contact with bacterias and other toxic elements. It is known that the result of such behavior of parents is unhealthy (****** up immunity, alergies).
    There is no upper age limit but people over 60 years old are not recommended to trade bitcoin in consideration of price volatility and risk tolerance.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    Scampi (5 June 2018), Triple7 (5 June 2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •