Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Tipster Website Needs

    Hi all,
    A fresher here and I have ideas to implement on my website but not sure how to go about them, really need honest advice:

    1. Need Soccer API
    Right now, I am doing everything manually and as the site is growing in traffic, I need to move over to API. I need basic soccer API with pregame shedules and after game results. Should have other options to expand in future.

    2. ACCA Selection Widget
    I will need a widget that can store user selections and if possible, move them to bookie website for staking. Where this is not possible, at least be able to store them.

    3. Suggested ACCA Selections
    I also want to be able to put my own ACCA selections for users to click and stake with my desired bookie(s)

    4. Revenue Sources?
    I need to learn other revenue sources in the industry. SO far, I only know about:
    a. Payment for my tipster services
    b. Revenue from bookie affiliattions

    Are there revenue sources in:
    - Match video reviews
    - Live broadcasting/ Links to Live broadcasting
    - Betting Apps (just saw a few people here advertising them)
    - Any other?

    Want to aggregate them and implement possible ones one step at a time

    Thanks

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Sinking Faster, just when I thought it couldn't get worse it did!
    Posts
    24,911
    Thanks
    1,490
    Thanked 6,930 Times in 4,418 Posts

    Default

    b. Revenue from bookie affiliattions
    This will be the main source of revenue over the long term, and will become FAR MORE important then other sources.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    dannynkem (16 May 2019)

  4. #3
    mgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2017
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 76 Times in 52 Posts

    Default

    There are several companies that could help you to get data (Sportradar, EveryMatrix). Prices depends on your needs, but take into account some functionalities & data are very common for sportsbook operators, therefore data providers would treat your business very similar to betting operators. You can try with free feeds (like bet365), but it would require some resources from your side. For example in https://www.protipster.com/ there have been several developers working on product only. Without that kind of staff would be very hard to create good product for the users.

  5. #4
    ddm
    ddm is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    you could scrape the data for #1 from ESPN or other sources in a few lines of code.

  6. #5
    Reality Punting is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannynkem View Post
    Hi all,

    2. ACCA Selection Widget
    I will need a widget that can store user selections and if possible, move them to bookie website for staking. Where this is not possible, at least be able to store them.

    3. Suggested ACCA Selections
    I also want to be able to put my own ACCA selections for users to click and stake with my desired bookie(s)
    Hey mate, I do similar for Basketball. I had a web app created which has my predictions in it. This records the given bets, odds, unit stake, bookmaker and result. It also automatically emails bets to clients. These emails also contain my affiliate link to the suggested bookmaker.

    I did none of the software side of it, I hired freelancer(s) to do it all, as my expertise is in creating data for betting, not coding or anything like that.

    If you have websites that contain schedules and game results, it is possible to get them scraped appropriately. I've had lots of different things scraped, but I think the website can block you from scraping as it thinks you are spam (I think? someone may correct that if im wrong!) It blocked my freelancer once because he scraped 16,000 pages from a website for me.

    Same with odds, can get odds scrapped but bookmakers do not like that. If your scrapping from Pinnacle I think they have an API for odds, so you can use their odds.

    My suggestion is to try to seek an appropriate freelancer who knows how to provide this sort of content. In my experience, most of the freelancers I have talked to about projects are a bunch of "yes" men. Will say anything to please you and most do not understand betting and may not fully understand the concept of the project. If your just wanting scraping of something that will show on your website, then thats a bit easier to find someone to do that job but if your wanting someone to provide automated content that will result wins, losses, profit/losses ect then it's a bit harder to find someone who can do it properly and understand. That's my experience anyway!

  7. #6
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    This will be the main source of revenue over the long term, and will become FAR MORE important then other sources.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Thanks for the info, I had always thought so. I only need to organise my site properly to tap into it, as I know its a very competitive niche.

    Quote Originally Posted by mgaming View Post
    There are several companies that could help you to get data (Sportradar, EveryMatrix). Prices depends on your needs, but take into account some functionalities & data are very common for sportsbook operators, therefore data providers would treat your business very similar to betting operators. You can try with free feeds (like bet365), but it would require some resources from your side. For example in - - - - - - there have been several developers working on product only. Without that kind of staff would be very hard to create good product for the users.
    Thanks.
    These "seem" like high end stuff and also seem to have bloated good things I dont need for now. I basically need pregame schedules with odds and results for a start. I had seen something long ago of less than $20 a month, but cant locate the site anymore. It was like a marketplace for API's

    Quote Originally Posted by ddm View Post
    you could scrape the data for #1 from ESPN or other sources in a few lines of code.
    Thanks dude.
    But I will rather have something legit where I will not be blocked in the midlle of my holiday, prompting me to be confused, LoL.
    Actually I wasnt looking for a one-off thing. I am looking for pregame and aftergame schedules and results for (almost) all the soccer leagues in the world and I am willing to go to $30 monthly (dont laugh if its too small).
    Or is there a fool-proof safe way to scrape 'em?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Punting View Post

    Hey mate, I do similar for Basketball. I had a web app created which has my predictions in it. This records the given bets, odds, unit stake, bookmaker and result. It also automatically emails bets to clients. These emails also contain my affiliate link to the suggested bookmaker.

    I did none of the software side of it, I hired freelancer(s) to do it all, as my expertise is in creating data for betting, not coding or anything like that.

    If you have websites that contain schedules and game results, it is possible to get them scraped appropriately. I've had lots of different things scraped, but I think the website can block you from scraping as it thinks you are spam (I think? someone may correct that if im wrong!) It blocked my freelancer once because he scraped 16,000 pages from a website for me.

    Same with odds, can get odds scrapped but bookmakers do not like that. If your scrapping from Pinnacle I think they have an API for odds, so you can use their odds.

    My suggestion is to try to seek an appropriate freelancer who knows how to provide this sort of content. In my experience, most of the freelancers I have talked to about projects are a bunch of "yes" men. Will say anything to please you and most do not understand betting and may not fully understand the concept of the project. If your just wanting scraping of something that will show on your website, then thats a bit easier to find someone to do that job but if your wanting someone to provide automated content that will result wins, losses, profit/losses ect then it's a bit harder to find someone who can do it properly and understand. That's my experience anyway!
    Thanks for the insight.
    First, my website doesnt have a full list of daily schedules. I only put out some predictions some days of the week, but email/whatsapp my premium clients daily with tips.

    As for your basketball web app, could i have a look at it? Maybe the coder can do same for me with soccer (that is my niche).
    Also where did you get the developer?
    "it is possible to get them scraped appropriately" - What exactly are you refering to here that could be scraped?

  8. #7
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    2,846
    Thanks
    866
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,236 Posts

    Default

    Also where did you get the developer?
    Sweet winter child...
    I am not telling you do not go for it, but there are 2 grave problems.
    Where to get people who will do things done.
    Where to get affiliates that will not screw you.

    I am in business for long, so I have some knowledge, I have many ideas and I have money. Yet those things are harder and harder each year or month now.

    Making a website is not just that you take some parts like in puzzle and they will work together. The devs will give you sh1tjob and affiliates now steal. Prepare to work for 1000%, debug everything and expect that everything can go wrong.

    In the past you paid devs, he did the job and done. Today you never know what Google/browsers will come with, so it is ongoing battle and if you have some proprietary system, you need to work with devs all the time.
    The most sad thing is when cat dies.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    allaboutthebets (17 May 2019), dannynkem (16 May 2019), drifter8 (27 May 2019), Punterbb (17 June 2019)

  10. #8
    Reality Punting is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    When I said it's possible to get them scraped appropriately I mean it's possible to get game scores and results placed on your website automatically. I've seen other websites have betslips as you are describing so I'm sure it is possible to do.

    as for my freelancer, I found my first freelancer on freelancer. I was nearly going to bail on the project because everyone who applied had no idea about what I wanted, but then this one guy named Jake applied. He was a horse racing punter himself and made trading bots for his own personal use and had also done work for quite a few bookmakers, he showed me the work he had done, I was impressed so we went ahead with the project. He made a desktop software for me which was great. I then wanted to have it made into a web app, and Jake did not know the coding languages to turn it into a web app, so I looked for a new freelancer. The next guy I met, I met via word of mouth. He is an extremely talented developer who has great awareness of what needs to be done. I think I am extremely lucky to meet the right people because as Sherlock mentioned I think a lot of people want to screw you over if they get the opportunity. Freelancer offer protections where any project results are yours legally and they then can't re-sell it. How many people actually stick to that I have no idea. But my work has not resurfaced and I have a great working relationship with both of them so there's no need for them to screw me over.

    Ill send you a PM, would also like to check out your website, I'll ask my main man if he is interested in working on your project and get back to you.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Reality Punting For This Useful Post:

    dannynkem (16 May 2019)

  12. #9
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Punting View Post
    Ill send you a PM, would also like to check out your website, I'll ask my main man if he is interested in working on your project and get back to you.
    That will be great. Waiting to reply to your PM. I have planned to totally rebuild my website next month. Presently drawing up the design and workability. Unless he is very busy, I guess my work wont be too hard for him. Also I am open to delivering them in phases. Thanks

  13. #10
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    @Reality Punting,
    Cant send you PM yet. hook up on skype - dannyogolo

  14. #11
    Reality Punting is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    No problem mate, I sent it

  15. #12
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Punting View Post
    No problem mate, I sent it
    I saw your PM. but cant reply - not enoigh privileges. Sk.y.p.e me dannyogolo {at} yahoo dot com

  16. #13
    Perffy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    If you need developer, who understands also the affiliate material, you can send me a PM.
    I have implemented a lot of bookmakers odds feed to my websites and i have done a lot of site scrapes too
    Last edited by Perffy; 27 May 2019 at 3:23 pm.

  17. #14
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    2,846
    Thanks
    866
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,236 Posts

    Default

    What language/s you are using?
    The most sad thing is when cat dies.

  18. #15
    Perffy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    What language/s you are using?
    do you ask me or the author ?

  19. #16
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    2,846
    Thanks
    866
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,236 Posts

    Default

    you
    The most sad thing is when cat dies.

  20. #17
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,736
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,149
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 697 Posts

    Default

    Scrapers have a habit of working perfectly when you code them, and to stop working for some reason very quickly because the target website changed some comma in their own code and your scraper breaks.

    There are cheap reliable APIs that can be used instead, and the choice depends on what you really need. How many leagues, which data points etc.

    Good idea about accas, this can be coded in PHP, and you need to use a bookmaker which has the remote betslip functionality. Bet365, probably.

    If you can code this yourself, great, if not, PM me if you want to discuss the options.

    Regarding income, I think subscription income is great if you have it, and affiliation can be an additional source of income at first, and maybe it becomes your main source of income once you build up your player base.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    Sherlock (28 May 2019)

  22. #18
    ddm
    ddm is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    Scrapers have a habit of working perfectly when you code them, and to stop working for some reason very quickly because the target website changed some comma in their own code and your scraper breaks.
    this is why I suggested scraping from ESPN .. - because you are just scraping a JSON feed [structured data] from within the markup, or parsing it directly - so markup changes will not affect reliabilty or delivery.

    and chances of them blacklisting your server = 0 because they get millions of hits every minute of the day.
    [I have done this for soccer,NFL,NBA etc, and haven't had to update my code for 2 years.]

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to ddm For This Useful Post:

    DanHorvat (28 May 2019)

  24. #19
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    2,846
    Thanks
    866
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,236 Posts

    Default

    Any idea where to scrape even complete schedules? Upfront as much as possible? I am currently using api from unibet, but they are not reliable for us sports esp. ncaa.
    The most sad thing is when cat dies.

  25. #20
    citizen42's Avatar
    citizen42 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Scraping isn't reliable for long terms or any repeated processes for all the reasons mentioned above. I used to do that but suddenly fixing scraper code becomes a full time job. It's great for one time projects though, say you need past scores for several years, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Any idea where to scrape even complete schedules? Upfront as much as possible? I am currently using api from unibet, but they are not reliable for us sports esp. ncaa.
    I use 5dimes api for us leagues, seems quite ok, out of all the sportsbooks available in the us I tried, 5dimes seems to have the most sports and matches available collage sports including.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •