universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Sinking Faster, just when I thought it couldn't get worse it did!
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 Times in 4,722 Posts

Default US Justice Department may file Antitrust suit against Google

To some this will have a familiar ring to it, but it seems the justice department is looking at Google for anti-trust violations, again.
    Federal and state regulators in the U.S. are preparing to file antitrust lawsuits alleging Google has abused its dominance of online search and advertising to stifle competition and and boost its profits, according to a report published Friday.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-go...000643493.html

To think that anyone would think that Google has any kind of domination in search, or that it actually abuses that domination in search and advertising.

Rick
    Universal4

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

Cash Bonus (17 May 2020), The Buzz (19 May 2020)

Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,521 Posts

I was never aware of this situation before. That is quite ridiculous really. They just want to point their finger at these people who are more successful in life than they are

It's just a blatant money grab.

econfox is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Google is a monopoly and it was made a monopoly by the US government. Google & Facebook operate as platforms instead of publishers. This allowed them not to be responsible for anything on their sites. This also gave them tax breaks and exemptions from anti-trust laws. Actually, going after Google as a monopoly would not be an aberration but instead would mean finally applying the same laws to Google as other companies face.

The US government wanted Google to be a monopoly and helped finance the company and in exchange the government had a ready source of information on what any individual in the world was searching for. The former East German Government could only dream of having the spying power of Google, Apple, and Facebook

WagerX is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by econfox View Post

The US government wanted Google to be a monopoly and helped finance the company and in exchange the government had a ready source of information on what any individual in the world was searching for. The former East German Government could only dream of having the spying power of Google, Apple, and Facebook
    This rings true. The amount of intel that Facebook and Google is staggering. Tim Pool had a video about this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cRrH9U2fU8

PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Break them all up. Please.

I don't care if it harms my income. I would prefer a more sane world to live in.