jrvm is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default What to do if an affiliate manager ignores me?

Hello.

I am a Betway Partners affiliate. My account has been automatically blocked due to keyboard problems. I have sent some e-mails to my affiliate manager in order to be able to log in and to get the money I have in it. It is a great amount of money, but no response. I think is not a Betway issue but an affiliate manager issue. I knew this affiliate manager in another company, and he ignored me too.

What can I do if an affiliate manager ignores me?

Thanks a lot for your replies.

drifter8 is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Very interesting question and problem most of us have faced all the times and will face in the future.

Here are my 5 cents on the question :

- contact to the customer support and ask another manager contact. It is too stupid to ignore someone for reason.

- you can create a thread about unethical behaviour here or in AFGD.

- I had a lot of problems with Betfair for the same autblocking bull **** and they were opening and closing my account -affiliate one just like that. I have been sending there email like crazy and just zero response rate I got.

- Keep sending email to another departments, explaining how bad you have been treated. This on my opinion will do, because at least some one will try to make an effort and help you through.

- Tell the name of the Affiliate Manager, thus what of affiliates will avoid to work with him and will not have the same problems as you do.

- Keep pushing the CS service department, they can not ignore your emails, as they have time frame to response.

- If there is a phone line , call there too.

- Try to be pushy and innovative in order to get decent response and help.
    Seven times fall, eight times stand.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to drifter8 For This Useful Post:

jrvm (11 February 2020), sweetbet (11 February 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drifter8 View Post
    Very interesting question and problem most of us have faced all the times and will face in the future.

Here are my 5 cents on the question :

- contact to the customer support and ask another manager contact. It is too stupid to ignore someone for reason.

- you can create a thread about unethical behaviour here or in AFGD.

- I had a lot of problems with Betfair for the same autblocking bull **** and they were opening and closing my account -affiliate one just like that. I have been sending there email like crazy and just zero response rate I got.

- Keep sending email to another departments, explaining how bad you have been treated. This on my opinion will do, because at least some one will try to make an effort and help you through.

- Tell the name of the Affiliate Manager, thus what of affiliates will avoid to work with him and will not have the same problems as you do.

- Keep pushing the CS service department, they can not ignore your emails, as they have time frame to response.

- If there is a phone line , call there too.

- Try to be pushy and innovative in order to get decent response and help.
    Thanks a lot!!

I had the same problem with betfair. Eventually I emailed betfair with a signed and certified email. It worked and the affiliate manager replied instantly, so she was certainly ignoring me. I did the same with Betway, but I have received no response.

I am realising that we are receiving the money of our comissions because the bookies want to pay. If they did not want to pay, nothing would happen. Isn't it?

newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrvm View Post
    Hello.

I am a Betway Partners affiliate. My account has been automatically blocked due to keyboard problems. I have sent some e-mails to my affiliate manager in order to be able to log in and to get the money I have in it. It is a great amount of money, but no response. I think is not a Betway issue but an affiliate manager issue. I knew this affiliate manager in another company, and he ignored me too.

it's a shame but there's a lot of 'selected hearing' in this industry.

One thing I've used successfully in the past few weeks is to start the dialogue in a very positive fashion - i.e. I want to heavily promote your brand, it's a great offer that my audience will love etc - then once the conversation is open then slip in the issue that needs resolving.

Met my new Betway account manager at LAC last week who was very friendly as it happens, PM me if you want contact details.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newcustomeroffer For This Useful Post:

AussieDave (13 February 2020), drifter8 (11 February 2020), jrvm (12 February 2020)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, going straight and speaking with people on conferences help a lot. This way , they have no where to hide or they can just tranfer you to another point of contact.

Be persistent and sooner or later you will win.

Being a serious affiliate and waiting for payments, makes us "ninja" or " ronin". We always survive and when some affiliate managers ignore me, this give me 3 times more motivation to chase after what is mine

Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Hello.

I also have a responsive AM at Betway, send me a PM if you want their details happy to send.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mattbar For This Useful Post:

AussieDave (13 February 2020), jrvm (12 February 2020)

AussieDave is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 817 Posts

The reason isn't important BUT it does seems, there's some interpersonal issue between your Betway AM and yourself.

As you mentioned, it's the same AM from Betfair and the ignore-you problem happened there too.

My suggestion... Once you have received a response from Betway, ask if you can be assigned a new AM.

Not everyone for whatever reason gets on in day-to-day life. I've experienced similar issues, and I simply requested an AM change.
    ---
    Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It's called integrity.
    ---

doch.news - fairness for all iGaming affiliates

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieDave For This Useful Post:

drifter8 (13 February 2020)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Change of the AM is also a decision. BTW Betway are treating affiliates very good those days. We have to bear in minds, that they are among top 5 in the world.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
    The reason isn't important BUT it does seems, there's some interpersonal issue between your Betway AM and yourself.

As you mentioned, it's the same AM from Betfair and the ignore-you problem happened there too.

My suggestion... Once you have received a response from Betway, ask if you can be assigned a new AM.

Not everyone for whatever reason gets on in day-to-day life. I've experienced similar issues, and I simply requested an AM change.
    Thanks for your reply.
    The point is that there is no interpersonal issue between me and my AM. He doesn't know who I am. He was my AM in Luckia, and behaved the same way. I had no trouble with him in Luckia but he did not reply. I suppose he thinks I am not important and nothing happens if he ignores me.
    In Betfair I experienced the same, but I have managed to be replied.
    I have sent a message to Betway partners some days ago. I hope they will reply.

AussieDave is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 817 Posts

I suppose he thinks I am not important and nothing happens if he ignores me.
    With all due respect, mate, this suspicion alone (even if it's unfounded) isn't exactly the sort of relationship an aff wants with their AM. Frankly, it's hard enough being an affiliate these days, without the added stress. Anyway... whatever the issue is, I'd suggest you ask for another AM. Your sanity is worth far more than being concerned if a business associate will or wont answer your emails
    ---
    Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It's called integrity.
    ---

doch.news - fairness for all iGaming affiliates

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
    I'd suggest you ask for another AM. Your sanity is worth far more than being concerned if a business associate will or wont answer your emails
    Of course I would like my AM to be changed, but I think this is not easy to achieve, because it is my AM who should reply to my request. I can try to speak to another AM, as suggested above, but all AMs are collegues ... and I have not much hope.

All in all I would like to say that I am very good surprised with the willing that there is in the people of this forum to support and help me.