Steps to Setting up a Successful Website
By Ray Rice
- Choose a Niche - Today, anyone can have a website and sell merchandise or services on the internet. The choices are endless and only limited by your imagination. If you are already in a business and don’t currently have a website, then it’s simply a matter of deciding what name to chose. If you are thinking about setting up your first website and aren’t sure what niche to chose, you might consider a favorite hobby. I’ve always liked to collect & repair antique radios, so I setup a website called http://RadioExchange.net
The fastest way to achieve success and a high ranking on the internet is to build a website around a theme and niche which does not have a large amount of competition. For instance, if you were to start a web hosting website, it would be an uphill battle because there are thousands and thousands of hosting websites already on the internet fighting to get in the top 10 or 20 listings in the major search engines like Yahoo, MSN and Google. The more competition, the more costly and time consuming it is to get your website seen. An alternative is to research untapped markets or there’s a detailed report you can download on 109 Untapped Markets. The price is only $33. and it’s well worth it. To get your report go to Niche Topics http://7ac1x2.5millbucks.hop.clickbank.net
- Purchase a Domain Name – Think of a domain name which uses the words which describes your business or what you will be selling. If your domain name contains the keywords which describe your business, you are likely to rank higher than with names which do not. For instance, if you are a realtor located in Orlando Florida it would be a good idea to register the domain name OrlandoFloridaRealEstate.com/net or org or Orlando-Florida-Real-Estate.com/net or org. A scientific way to determine the best name to use is to run keyword popularity searches using Overture's Keyword Tool at http://inventory.overture.com/
You can search for domain names and register them at http://Website-Supermarket.com and they offer excellent 24/7 live customer service.
- Set Up Web Hosting - Webster Hosting is what connects your Webster to the internet so it can be viewed by people around the world. Prices for hosting service range from free (I would not recommended a free service - you get what you pay for) to $39.95 per month which is on the high end. Some hosting companies charge a setup fee and demand a year commitment. I would not use any hosting service which charges a setup fee or expect a long term commitment because there’s so many which does not. http://Website-Supermarket.com offers excellent hosting services for only $7.95 per month with 24/7 live customer service and no set up fee and no annual commitment is required.
- Design Your Website - If you have no experience or limited experience designing a website you can choose from thousands of professionally designed website templates for as low as $20. at http://Website-Supermarket.com and they are available for immediate download. Just browse through until you find a template you like, then click “Buy this Template” and download to your computer. They also offer 1000’s of clip art and photo art work ideal for customizing a website. Unlike many of the other template websites, after you’ve selected the site you want, if you need help customizing your template and getting on the Internet, they offer a set up service to get you up and running quickly. If you choose to customize the template yourself you will need web design software such as Macromedia Dreamweaver or Front Page and Image software such as Adobe Photoshop. Macromedia Fireworks is also a super software program for designing websites.
- Upload Your Web Site files to your Hosting Service’s Server – Most Web creator software such as Front Page and Macromedia Dreamweaver has built in FTP (File Transfer Protocal) capability. A super program I recommend for uploading and downloading files is Cute FTP by GlobalScape. You can download a copy from their website at http://Cuteftp.com
- Submit Your Website to the Search Engines - I recommend Submit-It which is a Free service that Submits your URL to all of the major Search Engines such as Yahoo, MSN & Google. Their website address is http://www.submitplus.com/scripts/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=bj7780
Website-Supermarket.com has reference material and articles to help you make your Website a Success!
Copyright by Ray Rice 2006 - All Rights Reserved
This article was posted on March 20, 2006
Return to Index
FEATURED AFFILIATE PROGRAMS
AFFILIATE PROGRAM MANAGERS