Schedule announced for 2022 World Championship of Online Poker
15 August 2022
(PRESS RELEASE) -- PokerStars
’ prestigious World Championship of Online Poker is back for a 21st year to crown a host of World Champions and create epic moments from 4-28 September. The series has $85 million in guaranteed prizepools across 104 events, with Low, Medium, and High buy-in
levels from just $5.50 right up to $25,000.
New to the action-packed schedule is the addition of 12 ‘World Championship’ events, where the winners will become the World Championship of that tournament’s specific poker discipline. These include Progressive Knockout, Heads-Up
, and 6-Max No Limit Hold’em variants, along with HORSE, Badugi, PLO and 8-Game amongst others.
New for 2022 is a change in the buy-in for the World Championship NLHE Main Event to $10,300. The six Main Events on September 25 offer over $14 million guaranteed in prize money and include two ‘World Championship’ events NLHE and PLO:
- WCOOP 92-L: $109 NLHE Main Event, $2.5M Gtd
- WCOOP 92-M: $1,050 NLHE Main Event, $4M Gtd
- WCOOP 92-H: $10,300 World Championship of NLHE, $6M Gtd
- WCOOP 94-L: $109 PLO Main Event, $250K Gtd
- WCOOP 94-M: $1,050 PLO Main Event, $600K Gtd
- WCOOP 94-H: $10,300 World Championship of PLO, $1M Gtd
Following on from SCOOP
, this year’s WCOOP also sees the first ever official WCOOP Women’s Event. It will take place on September 25 and award a guaranteed prizepool of $38,000 across the three buy-in levels. In addition, there is a World Championship Women’s Event on September 18 with a $530 buy-in and $65,000 guaranteed.
All WCOOP winners will receive a coveted WCOOP trophy, with larger versions for Main Event and leaderboard winners and, new for 2022, a special trophy for the winners of the World Championship events. There are plenty of ways for players to win their way to play in WCOOP and have a chance to win an acclaimed WCOOP trophy and title:
- WCOOP Fast Track satellites – WCOOP seats will be awarded every day from today until 25 September. These include Main Event seats worth $10,300 and players can win a seat from just $0.50. There’s a total of $100,000 in added value to be had across Fast Track satellites.
- Spin & Go’s – Special WCOOP Spin & Go’s from just $0.50 will award WCOOP Main Event entries, tickets and cash prizes.
- Champions Freeroll
– Last year’s WCOOP champions are invited to play for a chance to win a $10,300 NL Hold’em Main Event seat in a special freeroll on September 4, where a total of $50,000 worth of seats will be up for grabs.
- WCOOP Leaderboards - Players will be able to battle it out for the coveted Player of the Series accolade in leaderboards for Low, Medium, High and Overall champions. There will be $100,000 in cash prizes for winners.
“WCOOP has long been the pinnacle of online tournament series and with the addition of World Championship events we are looking to elevate the prestige of winning a WCOOP title event further,” said Chris Straghalis, Director of Online Poker Experience for PokerStars. “Not only are we offering a wide variety of buy-ins to provide a way for virtually anyone who desires to participate in a WCOOP event, we also offer the most formats and variants in online poker with a choice of mixed games that are unique to PokerStars.”