Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default 1xBet Good Enough to Go Solo?

    I am redesigning my soccer prediction website to work with just 1 bookmaker in many areas which will include ability for users to click on odds to land in the exact market in bookmaker site.

    I am thinking of working with 1xBet because they have what seems to me like higher odds and also have some games which others don't (at least I see so when I visit other odds site)

    I want to know a few things though:

    - Firstly, is it wise to go with 1xBet?
    - Is 1xBet payouts consistent? Do they disrupt affiliates at will?
    - is their API easy to implement? I see many 3rd party API suppliers focus on bet365.
    - Where/ who are their official reps on this forum? Will like to discuss with them also

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    3,857
    Thanks
    1,204
    Thanked 3,069 Times in 1,701 Posts

    Default

    Read more this forum and other forums.

    Yes they are very reliable affiliate program. They have good CS. They are the only ones except bet365 who did not steal from affiliates (some people disagree here about bet365, but I insist on that).

    You have to ask yourself whether you do not need US, UK, ES, IT, CZ, NL traffic, because 1xbet does not operate everywhere. In many other countries you will get signups but no players, because local brands are way stronger.

    Problem nr. 1 is that they steal from players.
    Problem nr. 2 is their projected longevity. They are not in love by local governments, everything goes towards regulation, and they do not have the licence. I can see future where their websites will be just banned like in CZ and/or where they voluntarily withdraw. Or I can see future where common players will fins a way how to bet abroad even through the censorship. But even if the later happens, I doubt people will choose 1xbet because of their horrible reputation amongst players.

    That said I like them. In Europe they are the only ones producing growing affiliate revenue. But in most EU areas they are worth of zero. Their only really string country in EU is Portugal (80% of my 1xbet revenue is from there). And they are so strong there that I am afraid something bad will happen there.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    DanHorvat (10 July 2019), dannynkem (7 July 2019)

  4. #3
    JamieG1981's Avatar
    JamieG1981 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 136 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    Why just stick to one affiliate program? Can't you create an odds comparison? The way this industry is sticking all you're eggs in one basket is a big risk long term.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    3,857
    Thanks
    1,204
    Thanked 3,069 Times in 1,701 Posts

    Default

    It makes sense to promote just one book/casino in one country. It is a myth that people need or want options. No, they want the best bookie, or they rather need an illusion they will get the best one. They go to gamble, because they are sick of capitalism and all the consumerist options where they have to choose this or that constantly. If not all gamblers, many are like that and those are the most valuable. Odds comparisons are double edged swords. They can bring multiple regs from one player, but they can turn away the most valuable. It is always about understanding your traffic.

    It does not make however sense to promote one book everywhere. Each geo is different.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    DanHorvat (10 July 2019), dannynkem (9 July 2019), eenzoo (7 July 2019)

  7. #5
    Mars Richard's Avatar
    Mars Richard is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2019
    Posts
    31
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    1xBet is a big bookie, but you not create a website with only one bookie.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mars Richard For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (7 July 2019), JamieG1981 (8 July 2019)

  9. #6
    JamieG1981's Avatar
    JamieG1981 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 136 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    It makes sense to promote just one book/casino in one country. It is a myth that people need or want options. No, they want the best bookie, or they rather need an illusion they will get the best one. They go to gamble, because they are sick of capitalism and all the consumerist options where they have to choose this or that constantly. If not all gamblers, many are like that and those are the most valuable. Odds comparisons are double edged swords. They can bring multiple regs from one player, but they can turn away the most valuable. It is always about understanding your traffic.

    It does not make however sense to promote one book everywhere. Each geo is different.
    I was referring to instances like Sky Bet, can remember at the time there where people on here who said 95% of their income was with one bookmaker.

    I agree with you regarding Bet365 they are the best program by a million miles but they way this industry is I would not trust just 1 program to send all my taffic too.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamieG1981 For This Useful Post:

    TheBoyMitchell (9 July 2019), Triple7 (8 July 2019)

  11. #7
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Maybe I should have told you guys why I am going with 1 bookmaker and why I am thinking I should go with 1xBet:
    1. My website idea is not a review website. Its a prediction website where people can click on an odd and go straight to the market on the bookie website. Example is this explanation HERE

    2. The reason I am thinking of 1xBet is because from what I have read here, most people have already signed up with most of the big bookies. SO if I implement my system as in 1 above, most people that clicks to the bookie, I will just be helping other people continuosly. I read somewhere that Bet365 for instance has about 10,000,000 members while 1xBet has 2,500,000.

    3. Though I am trying to penetrate the Big Euro geo, most of my prediction paying clients are not from Euro, and such people do not care much about the big Euro Bookies for now.

    Are my ideas correct?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to dannynkem For This Useful Post:

    JamieG1981 (9 July 2019)

  13. #8
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,599
    Thanks
    8,955
    Thanked 2,324 Times in 1,634 Posts

    Default

    dannynkem, I can't see anything wrong with your explanation and I don't think it would hurt to give it a chance and see what happens.
    usa

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

    dannynkem (8 July 2019)

  15. #9
    MJM
    MJM is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 431 Times in 253 Posts

    Default

    It's really sad that we have become a community that is openly ok with promoting brands that steal from players.

  16. #10
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bonus View Post
    dannynkem, I can't see anything wrong with your explanation and I don't think it would hurt to give it a chance and see what happens.
    My next challenge now is getting the 1xBet odds API and also odds API from about 10 other big bookies.
    Who knows a reliable third party odds API provider with coverage of many leagues

  17. #11
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    3,857
    Thanks
    1,204
    Thanked 3,069 Times in 1,701 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJM View Post
    It's really sad that we have become a community that is openly ok with promoting brands that steal from players.
    I am not part of some community as I am not mate of random strangers. That word is way overused. I am not making money for anyone else than myself and my employees and I pay the moral bills.

    If you have an EU book that does not steal from affiliates and allows me to join in, speak up. If they have 2nd tier affiliate, have my cookie. Otherwise go whinging to church. You are free to promote good bookies like PaddyPower, Tipico or Pinnacle. You do not need to register for their affiliate program, because it is not worth of the time. You can just promote them for free without affiliate link, the money you will get will be roughly the same.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  18. #12
    JamieG1981's Avatar
    JamieG1981 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 136 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannynkem View Post
    Maybe I should have told you guys why I am going with 1 bookmaker and why I am thinking I should go with 1xBet:
    1. My website idea is not a review website. Its a prediction website where people can click on an odd and go straight to the market on the bookie website. Example is this explanation HERE

    2. The reason I am thinking of 1xBet is because from what I have read here, most people have already signed up with most of the big bookies. SO if I implement my system as in 1 above, most people that clicks to the bookie, I will just be helping other people continuosly. I read somewhere that Bet365 for instance has about 10,000,000 members while 1xBet has 2,500,000.

    3. Though I am trying to penetrate the Big Euro geo, most of my prediction paying clients are not from Euro, and such people do not care much about the big Euro Bookies for now.

    Are my ideas correct?
    I don't have any problem with what you are trying to acheive my only concern is that you would get a few years down the line build up a successful account with 1xbet and they close you're account and you have lost 100% of you're income.

    Also it's worth taking on board what Sherlock is saying and he is always spot on, where 1xbet is great for affiliates at the moment it is very poor for the player.

    If you are giving tips you want returning customers too and if they get a bad experience with 1xbet that is not going to help.

    Finally we are an odd comparison website and even though bet365 is the most popular bookmaker it converts and retains players better than any other.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to JamieG1981 For This Useful Post:

    dannynkem (9 July 2019)

  20. #13
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Can I chat with you on Skype please?

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieG1981 View Post
    I don't have any problem with what you are trying to acheive my only concern is that you would get a few years down the line build up a successful account with 1xbet and they close you're account and you have lost 100% of you're income.

    Also it's worth taking on board what Sherlock is saying and he is always spot on, where 1xbet is great for affiliates at the moment it is very poor for the player.

    If you are giving tips you want returning customers too and if they get a bad experience with 1xbet that is not going to help.

    Finally we are an odd comparison website and even though bet365 is the most popular bookmaker it converts and retains players better than any other.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  21. #14
    Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 327 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    I'd mostly listen to Sherlock. He's devoid of BS.

  22. #15
    JamieG1981's Avatar
    JamieG1981 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 136 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannynkem View Post
    Can I chat with you on Skype please?
    Sure you can add me - betclever

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  23. #16
    TheBoyMitchell is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    542
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 279 Times in 176 Posts

    Default

    Yeah. The SkyBet thing. That was me.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBoyMitchell For This Useful Post:

    JamieG1981 (9 July 2019)

  25. #17
    TheBoyMitchell is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    542
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 279 Times in 176 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannynkem View Post
    My next challenge now is getting the 1xBet odds API and also odds API from about 10 other big bookies.
    Who knows a reliable third party odds API provider with coverage of many leagues
    Don't use an odds provider. Put the legwork in to get the APIs from the bookies.

    1. You'll have to pay for the service.
    2. If the odds provider goes bust, then you go bust too.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBoyMitchell For This Useful Post:

    Sherlock (9 July 2019)

  27. #18
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoyMitchell View Post
    Don't use an odds provider. Put the legwork in to get the APIs from the bookies.

    1. You'll have to pay for the service.
    2. If the odds provider goes bust, then you go bust too.
    I know little or nothing about coding and I havent been able to get a coder here to even give me an idea of the cost.
    Also as suggested by many to follow the @Sherlock suggestion, I may end up working with different Bookie in different Geo. SO bottom line, I will have more than 1 bookie. And I think the price to do all by a coder may high.

    Or can you suggest a coder to me with experience in Betting Odds Feeds?

  28. #19
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    3,857
    Thanks
    1,204
    Thanked 3,069 Times in 1,701 Posts

    Default

    Absolutely - whenever you can - avoid outsourcing things on other parties. If you have no experience, then learn. It was never easy, now even harder. If your problem is that you can not pay the coder, then it is time maybe to start learning it. It is hypocritical from me, because I can not code. But the problem is that even if you have the money for coder, you will most likely not get a product you wanted. Making something online is not like going to the supermarket. I did most work when I had no money, because simply I had to. Now I have money and I can not move anything. Partly because simply paying people to do something done is 10-100x less efficient than if I have to do all the job (except coding, but including kicking the dev into his lazy ass). I do not think you have big chance to succeed in this declining industry, but the coding and experience with building projects might be useful in future.

    I am afraid I can not advice further. My approach was always to cut the costs. So not buying some feed, where I have no idea about quality of the feed and then get vendor locked. All that in environment that is highly questionable about payouts and future. The only advice I can give is to talk with someone at bet365, introduce everything openly and ask them if they will back you up or not. I would offer them in the beginning that I would promote them without affiliate links, if they provide you API and promise that once you have traffic, they might open affiliate program for you. If you have US traffic go for bovada, they provide feed too. If you get at least the bet365 promise it is much more than all (legal+mafian) bookies of Europe combined and squared. The feeds from bookies are really no worse than other feeds. Same work with them.

    I am sceptical that you can outsource everything and get something from that. My experience is that this is some bullshit idea in the air and the reality is exactly the opposite.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    dannynkem (9 July 2019)

  30. #20
    dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    WOW @Sherlock, JamieG1981 and all contributors,
    What more can I say. I have learnt more from this thread than from most posts i read here. I will put all suggestions together going forward.
    Really appreciate. Thanks

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dannynkem For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (9 July 2019), JamieG1981 (9 July 2019), Sherlock (9 July 2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •