-
401 Unauthorized Errors
Hi Guys,
Was just checking for broken links and I have come across these errors.
It is a 401 Unauthorized error and is showing up on by the looks of it on all pages and posts.
If anyone has any ideas on how to correct it would be much appreciated. In simple terms as I am not a WP developer but can do some things.
Here is the error url and the page it refers to
https://bettingoffers.bet/wp-json/oe...%2F&format=xml
https://bettingoffers.bet/nedbank-go...etting-offers/
Thanks in advance
-
Unauthorized errors usually stem from the page or pages needing a login first before viewing.
If they were unintentional from the developer or site owner, sometimes it means the page or folder the pages are in have a server restriction placed on them that require the authentication, either at server level permissions or possible the folder or page added to the htaccess file.
I was able to view the golf challenge page fine, without the 401, but see no reason you should be linking to the xml error page directly.
Rick
Universal4
-
Hey Rick, thanks for taking a look.
I was using dead link checker to find the links but even when I amended some regular broken links and deleted the cache etc... it was still showing the same result.
I installed Broken Link Checker on Wordpress and it is showing as no broken links so I think I was maybe getting false results.
Once again thanks