Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    affeurope is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Thumbs down Affiliate Tomi owes affiliate program money

    The following affiliate was prepaid by us $2500 for sending traffic which was never received.
    Name Tomi <last name removed>
    Username: timi11
    Country of origin: Finland
    The money was sent 3 months ago and no traffic has been sent nor money returned
    We have all the documentation that verifies the theft but will not be publishing them here due to confidentiality
    We want to make sure that rogue affiliates are made known to the gaming community as they have a damaging effect on the industry as a whole.
    Last edited by affeurope; 7 January 2010 at 11:18 am.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to affeurope For This Useful Post:

    Betpartners (8 January 2010), thepokerkeep (8 January 2010)

  3. #2
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    I have just sent this link to him so that he can reply.

    he once asked me to work with him but wanted a sick CPA i of course said now.

    Good luck in getting you rmoney or players.

    Regards

    Shaun

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaun O'neill For This Useful Post:

    affeurope (10 January 2010)

  5. #3
    hazo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    For what reasons do affiliate programs pay in advance? To close affiliates into promoting them?

  6. #4
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Hei Hazo

    The ironic things with this is that a lot of affiliate ask for up front payments due to distrust....

    Some also want up front due to costs ect, but i think at least 80% of it based on distrust.

    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by hazo View Post
    For what reasons do affiliate programs pay in advance? To close affiliates into promoting them?

  7. #5
    CasinoRumble is offline New Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hi Marc,

    As you know the deal, we talked about 7 business days to start campaign.
    As you can see from traffic it have started, I cant understand why you have done something like this ?

    plz send me response via pm

  8. #6
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Affeurope says money was sent 3 months ago

    CasinoRumble says 7 business days to start campaign as agreed with traffic now being sent.

    Someone has either misunderstood the deal or being economical with the truth.

    Hopefully its a misunderstanding and you both can sort this out.
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  9. #7
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    I suggest a bare knuckle fight to fix things...


    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by Betpartners View Post
    Affeurope says money was sent 3 months ago

    CasinoRumble says 7 business days to start campaign as agreed with traffic now being sent.

    Someone has either misunderstood the deal or being economical with the truth.

    Hopefully its a misunderstanding and you both can sort this out.

  10. #8
    CasinoRumble is offline New Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun O'neill View Post
    I suggest a bare knuckle fight to fix things...


    Shaun
    Hi,

    Now waiting call from Marc, hope this get resolved...

  11. #9
    affeurope is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Default last step for legal proceeding

    Firstly,
    Thank you for all the positive responses we have received regarding this post. It is very important that as a community we root out any affiliate fraud or theft.

    Secondly,
    GPWA user CasinoRumble (Tomi)
    As previously mentioned we have all the relevant correspondence (including today's) and a contract which will enable us to move forward with legal proceedings.

    We therefore advise you that you please send us the money back ASAP.

    Tomi your actions amongst others mean that genuine and honest affiliates will face difficulty in securing a prepayment and you do not deserve to cause your fellow affiliates to lose out.

  12. #10
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    I hope you guys sort this out with way seems a pretty bad way to start a business deal.

    Shaun

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaun O'neill For This Useful Post:

    affeurope (11 January 2010)

  14. #11
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Guys, one of the sides in this issue has asked me if The GAU would arbitrate on this issue.

    This we are prepared to do so of course, therefore if both sides would like to contact me paul [@] gamblingaffiliatesunion.org we can work together towards solving the issue.
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chalkie For This Useful Post:

    affeurope (11 January 2010)

  16. #12
    affeurope is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Paul,

    Thank you for your kind offer.

    Affiliates are liable for the monies they receive from a legal standpoint.

    Therefore in light of the fact we have all the evidence we need to pursue this legally we will not be involving a third party.

    We hope that the affiliate returns the monies ASAP as we do not like to take legal action but on the same token affiliates must not be allowed to steal from affiliate programs.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to affeurope For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (12 January 2010), CK - Schalk (11 January 2010), Shaun O'neill (11 January 2010)

  18. #13
    CK - Schalk's Avatar
    CK - Schalk is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 121 Times in 81 Posts

    Default

    You know what?

    At first I thought there should be a better way to handle this, but after some consideration, affeurope is doing the right thing (provided the case they have stated is factual).

    Every single affiliate manager on here will tell you that he has been burnt by something like this more than once.

    It put a strain on relationships between aff managers and affiliates, and it puts a smear on the industry.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CK - Schalk For This Useful Post:

    affeurope (12 January 2010), Daera (14 January 2010)

  20. #14
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    My initial reaction HA HA HA …you been scammed LMAO. I suppose this sort of emotion is stemming from the recent high voltage discussion going on separate threads.

    So now we have affiliates screwing aff managers, players screwing affiliates, affiliates eating one another, affiliates screwing players, rogue conferences, rogue affiliates, rogue handshakes, FBI complaint filing, affiliate hot tub groups, and now you’re out $2500.00.

    Well no surprise there considering the above. This is the status quo nowadays lol.
    Seriously though, $2500.00 IMO is a lot cash to throw out the window.

    Hope it gets resolved good luck!

    OH yeah forgot to mention for other members here and abroad... this person supports Gambling Wages ATTACK lol!



    Pgaming/ shaddy
    Last edited by pgaming; 11 January 2010 at 11:29 pm. Reason: offensive lang

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to pgaming For This Useful Post:

    affeurope (12 January 2010)

  22. #15
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    I think it sucks that anybody gets scammed i dont care if it is player, affiliate, operator this business has almost no morals which is pretty sad, regulation i snot really the right way to go and it will never happen but i just think people need to have better morals.

    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by pgaming View Post
    My initial reaction HA HA HA …you been scammed LMAO. I suppose this sort of emotion is stemming from the recent high voltage discussion going on separate threads.

    So now we have affiliates screwing aff managers, players screwing affiliates, affiliates eating one another, affiliates screwing players, rogue conferences, rogue affiliates, rogue handshakes, FBI complaint filing, affiliate hot tub groups, and now you’re out $2500.00.

    Well no surprise there considering the above. This is the status quo nowadays lol.
    Seriously though, $2500.00 IMO is a lot cash to throw out the window.

    Hope it gets resolved good luck!

    OH yeah forgot to mention for other members here and abroad... this person supports Gambling Wages ATTACK lol!



    Pgaming/ shaddy

  23. #16
    CasinoRumble is offline New Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
    Guys, one of the sides in this issue has asked me if The GAU would arbitrate on this issue.

    This we are prepared to do so of course, therefore if both sides would like to contact me paul [@] gamblingaffiliatesunion.org we can work together towards solving the issue.
    Hi,

    No thanks Paul.
    I have talked with Marc and we are going to do refund to him.

    Thanks anyway.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to CasinoRumble For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (12 January 2010)

  25. #17
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Good news to hear that it is sorted.

    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by CasinoRumble View Post
    Hi,

    No thanks Paul.
    I have talked with Marc and we are going to do refund to him.

    Thanks anyway.

  26. #18
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    It is a happy ending then it seems, this is excellent news.

    For the record, i also agree that an affiliate cheating a program is no different to a program cheating an affiliate, not that i am making judgement or comment on this individual case and the people involved.
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  27. #19
    affeurope is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Angry False Claim by affiliate Tomi Viljanen regarding his theft!

    Quote Originally Posted by CasinoRumble View Post
    Hi,

    No thanks Paul.
    I have talked with Marc and we are going to do refund to him.

    Thanks anyway.
    Just to clarify that affiliate Tomi Viljanen has not as claimed refunded or expressed desire to refund Aff Europe.

    Again, we have all of the correspondence saved between the affiliate and ourselves and the contract.

    We will confirm if and when the issue has been resolved and until this point it should be considered that the affiliate has not rectified the situation.

  28. #20
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Hei Tomi

    Come on this is simple pay the money save your reputation if you dont nobdy will ever prepay you again you are hurting your own business.

    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by affeurope View Post
    Just to clarify that affiliate Tomi Viljanen has not as claimed refunded or expressed desire to refund Aff Europe.

    Again, we have all of the correspondence saved between the affiliate and ourselves and the contract.

    We will confirm if and when the issue has been resolved and until this point it should be considered that the affiliate has not rectified the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •