-
affiliate warning
Wow guys,
so this is my story so far. I have been an affiliate for less than a month. Joined a few affiliate programs and started promoting. One particular program I has sending the bulk of my traffic to. In my first week I got one registration and depositor. As you can imagine I was so excited! Since then I have had a few more registrations but no more depositors. I'm still testing and building up my knowledge in this niche and the traffic sources. Everything was going fine until recently I was shocked that I received an email from the affiliate program warning me that my account was being monitored. I thought it was something wrong with my site so I emailed back to clarify. Turned out I was being warned for only having one active player on my account and that I should be actively promoting the site??? Payments are also being withheld on my account!
Well excuse me, I have sent hundreds of clicks to the site and gotten registrations and one depositor in less than a month. Is that not considered actively promoting? Surely they should give more time to new affiliates to establish themselves before issuing warnings about only having one depositor on the account? I find this ridiculous and will be promoting other affiliate programs who are more reasonable.
-
which program was it?
I wouldn't send them any more traffic is they're trying to force you in to quotas.
-
Name the program. It's also best to drop these programs early on as they'll only end up giving you grief in the future when you have far more active players.
-
I would really like to hear the name of the program as well and would consider dropping them straight away. Why commit to such a partner?
-
its the friendly folks at betvictor. I have now stopped sending them all traffic and I could care less about the withheld earnings. working with other affiliate programs and getting better conversions already.
-
Yes sadly some programs have GREAT reputations but just do NOT understand that small affiliates and those that can not deliver hundreds of players are still very valuable.
Read the terms carefully of all programs before making huge investments of time and space, and read though many of the discussions here on the terms.
There are plenty of programs available for ALL softwares that do NOT have any quotas whatsoever concerning payments.
Personally I prefer programs that pay on ALL players no matter how many you have sent. If you send a player that makes them money, they should pay you the earned commissions....period.
Rick
Universal4
-
the sad thing is they didn't even give me a chance to deliver hundreds of customers to them before issuing me with a notice of withheld commission. I would have expected at least 3 months at least to establish myself, but 3 weeks. Really?
Oh well, the good thing is that my new affiliate program is really good, affiliate friendly and converts better.
-
Just to chime in on this, I can understand the thinking behind quotas from an operator's point of view.
We don't have any activity quota's at WBX but being a betting exchange it's an entirely different set up and is not open to the same abuse as a bookmaker program.
For instance if a new affiliate is working in tandem with a friend, refers that friend as a customer at 'bookmaker A', and the same customer at 'bookmaker B'. They could bet on 1 match with a different outcome at each site, and collect the revenue share at whichever site the bet loses at, collect the winnings at the side that it wins at, guaranteeing a profit.
If you have lots of referrals then there's a chance that you do all that and don't guarantee yourself the profit because you may have other people betting and zeroing off your commission. I can understand the frustration for most legitimate affiliates being subjected to these terms but I can also understand the need to safe guard against abuse.
The best solution is to check the t&c of the programs you work with and look for the minimum activity quotas and see if the program is still a good fit for you. Some say you need 5-10 active in a month (I've seen examples that use a weekly timeframe) to be eligible for any commission payments, and this can be a difficult level of activity for new affiliates to generate and maintain.
-
Even the largest of affiliates today may not be able to bring a single depositor tomorrow, never deal with a program with any such terms.
-
There isn't much you can do unfortunately other than send your traffic elsewhere, try sending them this thread too and hopefully they will reconsider