Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,446
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked 621 Times in 429 Posts

    Default Affiliates Managers, FFS, just reply to your emails

    Dear Affiliate Managers, please, just reply to your emails. If there is one thing you can do to improve your results, this is it.

    No matter what.

    - You have issues with payments. - Reply to the affiliate asking about it.
    - There is issue with conversions - reply to that.
    - Your program went down and a week of traffic was lost - reply to the affiliate asking about it.

    No matter how disastrous the scenario is, the fact that you reply, directly, would be 10 times better than ignoring and hoping that things will go away. We, or most of us, are reasonable people, same as you. In 99% of cases, we will understand and move on.

    Possible that some AM's are mislead, as you are sending hundreds of emails to affiliates to sign up but they do not reply. So you think its ok not to reply to emails. But these things are very different. First case there is no business relation between the parties, while in second one there is. And you do wish to reply to your business partners.

    Even if you contribute nothing beyond that, if you respond promptly, you are already ok.


    Of course i do not refer to all AM's, many are doing an amazing job, but i assume those to whom it is relevant will know.
    Last edited by MMM; 28 March 2022 at 11:06 am.
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MMM For This Useful Post:

    connd (28 March 2022), DaftDog (29 March 2022), eenzoo (29 March 2022), iso2009 (30 March 2022), Juan Roman (29 March 2022), Mattbar (28 March 2022), star (1 April 2022), Topboss (1 April 2022), universal4 (28 March 2022)

  3. #2
    rmeeuwsen's Avatar
    rmeeuwsen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin US
    Posts
    338
    Blog Entries
    10
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 118 Times in 94 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    Possible that some AM's are mislead, as you are sending hundreds of emails to affiliates to sign up but they do not reply. So you think its ok not to reply to emails.
    Absolutely!

  4. #3
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 231 Times in 174 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    No matter how disastrous the scenario is, the fact that you reply, directly, would be 10 times better than ignoring and hoping that things will go away. We, or most of us, are reasonable people, same as you. In 99% of cases, we will understand and move on.
    Amen to that!
    For the latest bookmaker new customer offers visit https://www.newcustomeroffer.co.uk/

  5. #4
    connd is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2021
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Before I've used an email in a different name to email them about "bringing to traffic to their brand" and suddenly the replies have been quick, but then of course I let them know who I really am.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to connd For This Useful Post:

    Dsquared (28 March 2022)

  7. #5
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,322
    Thanks
    8,207
    Thanked 2,611 Times in 1,884 Posts

    Default

    MMM, very well said. Most (with probably only a couple who never replied and it certainly can be Very Annoying) of my AMs have always been prompt to respond whenever any issues arise, and they always get them sorted out for me.
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 28 March 2022 at 9:19 pm.

  8. #6
    Dsquared's Avatar
    Dsquared is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2021
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts

    Default

    It's a pet hate for me too... getting no replies is so unprofessional.

    Most programs I'm active with are those who I know I can count on for help/replies...if they don't there's usually an explanation after a short while.

  9. #7
    BCGame Affiliates's Avatar
    BCGame Affiliates is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    April 2021
    Posts
    210
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 57 Times in 51 Posts

    Default

    Amen! Well said MMM.
    Kind Regards,
    Jen

    https://bc.game/
    Email: marketing@partnerbcgame.com
    Skype ID: live:.cid.b3ebaacec67326e2

  10. #8
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,595
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 2,103 Times in 1,387 Posts

    Default

    Some programs are so bad at this that they email us asking for something (info, deals, updates etc..) and then never engage with our response.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

  11. #9
    affy's Avatar
    affy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Sometimes I wish the moon
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 345 Times in 178 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    Dear Affiliate Managers, please, just reply to your emails. If there is one thing you can do to improve your results, this is it.

    No matter what.

    - You have issues with payments. - Reply to the affiliate asking about it.
    - There is issue with conversions - reply to that.
    - Your program went down and a week of traffic was lost - reply to the affiliate asking about it.

    No matter how disastrous the scenario is, the fact that you reply, directly, would be 10 times better than ignoring and hoping that things will go away. We, or most of us, are reasonable people, same as you. In 99% of cases, we will understand and move on.

    Possible that some AM's are mislead, as you are sending hundreds of emails to affiliates to sign up but they do not reply. So you think its ok not to reply to emails. But these things are very different. First case there is no business relation between the parties, while in second one there is. And you do wish to reply to your business partners.

    Even if you contribute nothing beyond that, if you respond promptly, you are already ok.


    Of course i do not refer to all AM's, many are doing an amazing job, but i assume those to whom it is relevant will know.

    most affiliate managers are useless timewasters. They are spoiled and lazy... but obviously it is not only them to blame but the affiliate director who manages them or the company they work for.

    The main problem in our industry IMHO is that most of us working in it make money way to easy... it seems there is no drive, no spirit no will to go the extra mile for many, many years already...

    Affiliate manager training sucks (at most companies) and in a lot of affiliate managers are promoted service desk employees that have no clue about affiliates, marketing process and "sales funnel"... They just got the position because after one/two years on support they got bored...

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to affy For This Useful Post:

    Dsquared (29 March 2022), MMM (29 March 2022)

  13. #10
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,849
    Thanks
    2,056
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Default

    Most programs simply don't care about anything else than you driving as much traffic as possible. No matter if it's wasted or not. They prefer you sending traffic through links of which the tracking is not working than nothing.

    Most affiliate managers are hopping every few months to another affiliate program. They just care about their bonus and their next job.

  14. #11
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    1,645
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 611 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    Very well said! And let's include Skype that clearly shows that the messages have been read.

    Sometimes by the time you eventually get a response you forget why you were contacting them. LOL

    Certainly not replying to e-mails and messages is hurting results and can affect positioning on sites.
    statsdrone.com

    Want to try the StatsDrone for free for 30 days? Would you like a demo? DM me!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pokerface For This Useful Post:

    MMM (30 March 2022)

  16. #12
    statsdrone's Avatar
    statsdrone is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    love a name n shame
    statsdrone.com - affiliate stats tracking tool

  17. #13
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    1,645
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 611 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    Slotimo Affiliates!
    statsdrone.com

    Want to try the StatsDrone for free for 30 days? Would you like a demo? DM me!

  18. #14
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,746
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 597 Posts

    Default

    That's partially the program's fault though. Quality managers can't start on base salary, some might want a % from the affiliates they bring. Economically it's just easier to hire a bunch of new people from nowhere, with no background at the minimum base, give them a very basic orientation and let them do whatever they do.

    After a few months rinse and repeat. This was the trend that started hell perhaps back in 2013 maybe even earlier. The quality managers known around here can be counted on the fingers of one of your hands. The name of the game is quantity over quality.

    My guess is, the orientation 2 day program does not stress enough on being prompt with the replies, and/or be prompt for the few chosen ones. I'm also guessing that since the program knows most of the new AMs will move/leave, their sole job is to attract as many new affiliates as possible, or try and everything else is secondary.

  19. #15
    affy's Avatar
    affy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Sometimes I wish the moon
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 345 Times in 178 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xecutable View Post
    ...My guess is, the orientation 2 day program does not stress enough on being prompt with the replies, and/or be prompt for the few chosen ones...
    Since when does "being prompt" needs to be stressed/educated?!

  20. #16
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,746
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 597 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by affy View Post
    Since when does "being prompt" needs to be stressed/educated?!
    Since they started hiring people with zero background in customer support, customer relations and for many it's their first job. What you and I may find for common sense, isn't present anymore. As someone who has trained, well not AMs, but customer support employees, you'd be surprised how many things have to be broken down and explained, before one comprehends their importance.

    Which again brings me to the point, that they'd rather hire someone who's willing to work for the bare minimum, than to find someone with 10 years of experience. You get what you pay for, with the minor difference that it's WE as affiliates who see and feel the problems.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to xecutable For This Useful Post:

    MMM (30 March 2022)

  22. #17
    affy's Avatar
    affy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Sometimes I wish the moon
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 345 Times in 178 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xecutable View Post
    Since they started hiring people with zero background in customer support, customer relations and for many it's their first job. What you and I may find for common sense, isn't present anymore. As someone who has trained, well not AMs, but customer support employees, you'd be surprised how many things have to be broken down and explained, before one comprehends their importance.

    Which again brings me to the point, that they'd rather hire someone who's willing to work for the bare minimum, than to find someone with 10 years of experience. You get what you pay for, with the minor difference that it's WE as affiliates who see and feel the problems.
    "The bare minimum"?!

    Not sure which part of the world you live/work but in the EU, US, Eastern Europe and Asia both support agents and affiliate managers that work for casino's are very well payed (compared to similar jobs in other industries)

    And as mentioned in one of my previous post many AM's get that position after having worked on support so they SHOULD know the priority of responding.

  23. #18
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,746
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 597 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by affy View Post
    "The bare minimum"?!

    Not sure which part of the world you live/work but in the EU, US, Eastern Europe and Asia both support agents and affiliate managers that work for casino's are very well payed (compared to similar jobs in other industries)

    And as mentioned in one of my previous post many AM's get that position after having worked on support so they SHOULD know the priority of responding.
    They used to start at 2000 EUR/month. That's what I referred to as the bare minimum.

  24. #19
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    1,645
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 611 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    Since the "name n shame" I finally had a response! Too bad it takes this to get results.
    statsdrone.com

    Want to try the StatsDrone for free for 30 days? Would you like a demo? DM me!

  25. #20
    theGman is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 252 Times in 150 Posts

    Default

    Its interesting to see that there is still an us and them mentality. Having worked both sides of the fence, i prefer to treat everyone as equals and with respect. There are good and bad in every industry and as the bar was set so low in the Gambling Industry previously, you are going to run into non responses. Affiliate managers generally have a set amount of time and priorities and will attend to that first. Sometimes that does mean - no response within a decent period of time. Other times it can be a pointer as to what programs to avoid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •