WagerX is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default Anyone notice the trend of alt coins tanking before BTC hardfork?

When bitcoin cash was born from the hard fork of BTC my alt coins tanked (QTUM and ARK). Afterwards, there was a brief increase. We have another hard fork coming up (The SegWit2X)

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitco...-laymans-terms

Yup, my two alts are tanking while BTC is constantly climbing. Hopefully after the fork alts will surge again.

Anyone with any ideas or strategies on the upcoming fork?

smartuner is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I invested a lot of my BTC in ICOs over the past couple of months. But since last month ICOs are hardly perform really well after the tokens get tradable. The last flop I had was Request. I sold all my alts for now and put all funds into BTC and BTC cash. After the next hard fork I think we will see where the journey will go. If BTC still keeps going up after the time for alts might be over and just the really good ones might survive.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smartuner For This Useful Post:

WagerX (12 November 2017)

sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,087 Posts

There are a lot of rubbish projects and coins out there, and unless you invest in a solid project that actually has a promising future, it's better to just leave your funds in Bitcoin.

Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,264 Times in 1,817 Posts

IMO It has more to do with Bitcoin price:
    1. When BTC price goes up, money from alts and tokens go to BTC like now.
    2. When then price goes up too much, some BTC hodlers want to diversify, so they start buying alts and other cryptos go up.
    3. Then the bubble on shitcoins pops, money vanish and go back to BTC.

rinse and repeat

The forks from some reason cause BTC price to go up not down. There is indeed the uncertainty but the factor with bigger weight is probably that after the fork everything will be fine etc idea.

The time to "invest" into ICOs was one year ago. If you see ads on Adsense then you are the product. Jesus Christ we are the marketers right? If we do not see through this, then we should be able to imagine the bubble cause by regular people and also how useless **** all the ICOs are.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (1 November 2017), WagerX (12 November 2017)

PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 745 Posts

Anyone notice the trend of alt coins tanking before BTC hardfork?
    I'd say tons of people because I read about this strategy on forums and facebook frequently. Sell alts when fork announced and buy btc, sell btc before fork, buy alts. Rebuy btc during price drop.

It's a solid winning strategy... until it isn't and you lose on all sides of the trade.

To those of you with no trading background, learn about stop losses. Use stop losses. And research your exchange to see how well it performs with stop losses during high volume (for example Coinbase you're screwed as they often go down in high volume trading).
    https://professionalrakeback.com

We have bullet-proof revenue-share deals on online poker networks that:
    A) no longer allow them
    B) do not like winning poker players
    C) charge insane fees

Interested in a sub deal?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

WagerX (12 November 2017)

Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,760 Posts

You will see that Bitcoin will be a very very enormous asset and it will prove to be one of the (if not the first and foremost) leading cryptocurrencies throughout the entire globe!

WagerX is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    [/h]
    I'd say tons of people because I read about this strategy on forums and facebook frequently. Sell alts when fork announced and buy btc, sell btc before fork, buy alts. Rebuy btc during price drop.

It's a solid winning strategy... until it isn't and you lose on all sides of the trade.

To those of you with no trading background, learn about stop losses. Use stop losses. And research your exchange to see how well it performs with stop losses during high volume (for example Coinbase you're screwed as they often go down in high volume trading).
    This is a good example. The hardfork was canceled. I guess a lot of people with inside info knew about it. The markets reacted by the increase in BTH and bump in alts.

The strategy would even in this scenario. BTC has pullback quite a bit.