Hi -
After switching to https will I lose all benefit of backlinks that are pointing to the http version of our site?
Thanks,
Mark
Printable View
Hi -
After switching to https will I lose all benefit of backlinks that are pointing to the http version of our site?
Thanks,
Mark
Nope.. they will pop back up, I have switched two sites.. seen a little dance for a week or two but it always goes back to normal
thanks for your anwwer. did you do a .htaccess 301 of the http over to the https or just leave it be? also are you on wordpress or a static site?
301.!
Done it via cloudflare .. pretty simple though has to fix featured images as it was still drawing http.. but now all works well and indexing fast
If you don't do a "301 of the http over to the https" thru .http access or other means (e.g. plug-in) you loose the links.
We have redirected from http to https through the .htaccess file.
Do you think this is adequate?
Yes.
Also remember to change your own internal links to https - this can be tricky!