Perffy is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Best practice for sending weekly/monthly newsletters

Hi guys,

i am thinking of sending again newsletters. Maybe monthly, but if i see good results and the costs are not big i can also send weekly newsletters. I have over 10,000 members.

First of all i want to ask how many of you send newsletters to their customers and do you see any good results ?

I have created a newsletter system on my website and i was planing to send around 100-200 emails every hour, this number can be changed easily.

My concern is to send newsletters direct from my domain. Is this a good idea ? If not, why ? Is there anything to do in order to send newsletters direct from my domain. I was thinking of using a service for this, but that will cost me more than 100$ monthly and i am not sure if it will bring any results, so for the moment i don't want to use paid service.

One more questions is, can i send also bookmaker's promotions in my newsletters ?

Thanks in advance!

JCA
    JCA is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Hi,

It is extremely important to pay attention to customers` right to opt out newsletter subscription. According to regulation, you need to place "Unsubsribe" button in each letter to allow customers to turn off.

You could try with some part of your customers. Such amount of contacts allows you to make A/B testing to find what works best.

But keep in mind GDPR and CAN-SPAM requirements.

Perffy is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Thank you for reply.

Yes, i know about the unsubscribe link. Is it a MUST when you click the link to be unsubscribed direct. Because at the moment every user can unsubscribe from newsletters by going in his profile and unchecking that option.

I am planing also to included in the newsletters a text like: "You are receiving this email, because you have been registered on ... "

What are this CAN-SPAM requirements ?

universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,923 Times in 4,996 Posts