Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 479 Times in 314 Posts

    Default Bet365 Advertising - Germany - Including Competitors

    Just received the following.

    As part of our continued support for our partners, we are contacting to you to inform you of the recent regulatory announcement for gambling affiliates targeting the German market.

    I would like to let you know that there is a ban on game advertising in Germany coming into force the 15th of October. Even though we are not promoting our Gaming products in Germany, due to marketing regulations and with our focus on ensuring continued compliance, you will need to make sure not to promote gaming offers from other competitors when promoting bet365.
    Please do let us know if you have any questions in relation to this.

  2. #2
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    3,744
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 3,009 Times in 1,665 Posts

    Default

    Eli5
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  3. #3
    Jambo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 159 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post

    I would like to let you know that there is a ban on game advertising in Germany coming into force the 15th of October. Even though we are not promoting our Gaming products in Germany, due to marketing regulations and with our focus on ensuring continued compliance, you will need to make sure not to promote gaming offers from other competitors when promoting bet365.
    Please do let us know if you have any questions in relation to this.
    Bet365 is really a good operator but this makes no sense at all.

  4. #4
    mediapartner is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2020
    Location
    Netherlands, Malta
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    Bet365 is really a good operator but this makes no sense at all.
    what exactly makes no sense? Bet365 will be held responsible if an affiliate promotes bet365 in germany after the 15th. Besides fines can be gigantic, with the upcoming german licenses they probably want to keep as clean as possible if they want to enter the german market in coming years...

    they just ask affiliates to follow the local laws and inform them of these coming changes. i actually find it pretty good that they infom all upfront...

  5. #5
    Brand_24's Avatar
    Brand_24 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2018
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    The bet365 bookmaker is known for strictly adhering to the rules of advertising. But they are also known for being the best in the world.

  6. #6
    Jambo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 159 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mediapartner View Post
    what exactly makes no sense? Bet365 will be held responsible if an affiliate promotes bet365 in germany after the 15th. Besides fines can be gigantic, with the upcoming german licenses they probably want to keep as clean as possible if they want to enter the german market in coming years...

    they just ask affiliates to follow the local laws and inform them of these coming changes. i actually find it pretty good that they infom all upfront...
    Yes this is all fine but what is the sense to say an affiliate is not allowed to promote any other brands in Germany? This will nothing change for Bet365 if an affiliate do it or not and have no effect if they get a license in 2021 or not.

    I don't say Bet365 is bad, i just do not understand the sense behind this decision.

  7. #7
    mediapartner is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2020
    Location
    Netherlands, Malta
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    Yes this is all fine but what is the sense to say an affiliate is not allowed to promote any other brands in Germany? This will nothing change for Bet365 if an affiliate do it or not and have no effect if they get a license in 2021 or not.

    I don't say Bet365 is bad, i just do not understand the sense behind this decision.
    ah yeah, that part is indeed a bit strange, but i guess they just mean that you are not allowed to use funnels through other banners that will end up on sub pages where you still promote bet365. because i cant imagine they do not allow you to promote any other competitors at all... that would be undoable for most affiliates.

  8. #8
    LCI
    LCI is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    August 2020
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Maybe they mean that if affiliates keep their Bet365 review pages up on the sites, even though they've pulled out of the market, then they don't allow affiliates to link from these pages to other brands.

  9. #9
    IREAffiliate is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    November 2020
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Does this ban extend to affiliates whose websites are entirely focused on sports betting?

  10. #10
    BonusFinder is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2020
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    Just received the following.

    As part of our continued support for our partners, we are contacting to you to inform you of the recent regulatory announcement for gambling affiliates targeting the German market.

    I would like to let you know that there is a ban on game advertising in Germany coming into force the 15th of October. Even though we are not promoting our Gaming products in Germany, due to marketing regulations and with our focus on ensuring continued compliance, you will need to make sure not to promote gaming offers from other competitors when promoting bet365.
    Please do let us know if you have any questions in relation to this.
    It's definitely going above and beyond the German "guidance", there are from what I understand no restrictions on Affiliates. The majority of casinos targeting Germany seem to be ignoring the new rules and there is still a chance regulation does not come into effect next year

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •