-
Bet365 Request
Received an e-mail from Bet365 this morning requesting information, I am sure other have also. What is everyone's thoughts on the e-mail and sharing this type of information?
"As part of our ongoing compliance efforts, we are looking to gather information from all of our marketing partners on the user demographics for each site/app on which we are promoted.
For all of your marketing channels are you able to provide an age breakdown of your users please, specifically the % of users over 18 and under 18, using whatever tools you have available? Can you also please confirm for any apps you run what age rating they are in the App Store?
If you don’t have any specific data for the age profile of your users for any marketing channel then an estimate can be provided."
-
It seems quite a strange quiery to me.
-
Yes, very strange, and it's close to impossible to provide even a guesstimate of such an age breakdown.
Don't you want to ask them for the % share of age groups for the players you referred in the past 12 months? They should have much more accurate data than you'll ever have...
-
I don't think this is bet365 ideas. I think this is new stupid ideas from UKGC. Last time UKGC forbidden "colours that attract underage people", but don't explain what colors they mean. Blue, pink, yellow, green? Nobody know.
Now the same degenerative style in questions. I think they repeat request from UKGC. I think UKGC want to know this information and sent request to UK operators.
Anyway i think the best answer is:
users over 18: 100%
users under 18: 0%
-
Just give them Google analytics data screenshots about age. It will be sufficient I guess.
-
Yeah - we don't survey or register users onsite so I have no real data.
I gave Bet365 our Google analytics data regarding age bands - 6 bands from 18 to 65+ ...
But Google explicitly say that they DO NOT track under 18s - so it was probably useless.
-
There is alot of pressure on these sites. Alot of constitutional measures are coming into play. To tackle with the newest pieces of laws, they need your information. Like in a previously passed legislation, any gambling related advertisement on a website having more than 50% visitors as children would be subjected to penality.
-
Under GDPR, “processing of the personal data of a child” is only allowed by law when the child is at least 16 years old. If a child is under 16 years of age, companies must obtain consent from the child's parent or legal guardian to collect and process their data.
-
Provided Google Analytics information also. Really not very useful for the request but it is the only data available. :)
-
I think this is more aimed at apps where the information is more available. I've just said that everything we target is gambling related, so assume close to 100%, any user reaching us through search under the age of 18 has to be searching for gambling-related content.
This feels to me like the start of a process that will lead to licensed affiliates, with responsibility to verify the users age before they can access sites (as is happening with porn).
-
One of the most stupid emails I ever received.