Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,960 Posts

Noticed that BetOnline were overwhelmed again last night - and holding up page loads - I've dropped their ads from our site for a fortnight,

Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Noticed that BetOnline were overwhelmed again last night - and holding up page loads - I've dropped their ads from our site for a fortnight,
    Your website is popular. This would mean a loss of thousands of new players for them.

Thanks

Not really - the way the ads were not loading was causing the loss of players anyway.
    I've simply removed them so we get back to normal service.

We will review this again in May.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

Cash Bonus (10 April 2018), PROFRBcom (10 April 2018)

PROFRBcom is online now Private Member
    Thanks

They weren't the only offshore site being attacked me thinks.

Again I had issues accessing Best Partners yesterday.

Someone is really pushing hard against these offshore sites. It's frustrating because they are not only hurting the site, the players, the ecosystem, but poor affiliates like me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Malikbhai View Post
    Your website is popular. This would mean a loss of thousands of new players for them.
    OFC he has a popular site. However, I doubt it is so popular that he sends thousands of players to a medium sized operator per fortnight.

If I find out the above is true, I will be booking a flight to NZ and begging for scraps on his door step

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    OFC he has a popular site. However, I doubt it is so popular that he sends thousands of players to a medium sized operator per fortnight.
    If I find out the above is true, I will be booking a flight to NZ and begging for scraps on his door step
    I couldn't work out whether Malikbhai was over exaggerating the likely impact to scare BetOnline - or mocking me for having little impact - so I ignored it. In times past it would have been hundreds of signups per month, these days it's probably a tenth of that.

Another candidate for the ignore list with RZ?

My point was ... BetOnline prefer a javascript link (and doesn't offer HTML code) and when so they are overwhelmed the advertising link completely holds up the page load until timeout - which seems to be 20/30 seconds. This negatively affects the page (and probably screws google metrics too) and ALL advertisers get hung-up.

So I was letting fellow affiliates know of OUR choice to suspend advert displays - and the negative page effects.
    I thought that was the whole point of an affiliate forum - to share information ?

I'll probably have to work with BOL in May to get approval to locally host images and use HTML jumps.

Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Thanks

...or mocking me for having little impact...
    Wasn't being sarcastic. Goonersguide is a high traffic website. There aren't two ways about that.

...Another candidate for the ignore list with RZ?...

Are you 10?
    Last edited by Malikbhai; 10 April 2018 at 5:29 pm.

PROFRBcom is online now Private Member
    Thanks

My point was ... BetOnline prefer a javascript link (and doesn't offer HTML code)
    Hmmm. I don't use any java links on my site. Never have. Hell, I couldn't for years b/c of a coding quirk.

I just checked, in the regular media section they offer JS and regular links. Plain HTML is under "landing page URL"... that tracks just fine.

I use only links from within the "direct links" section of the marketing tab, and they don't even offer JS there, just a regular old URLs.

I'll probably have to work with BOL in May to get approval to locally host images and use HTML jumps.
    I wouldn't even bother asking them if I were you. They won't care a lick. I would host them all locally anyway for the performance boost.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123