Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 293
  1. #1
    Buddy M's Avatar
    Buddy M is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Location
    TV Land
    Posts
    309
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts

    Thumbs down BetUS (GPWA benefits suspended)

    Did anyone get the email today from BetUS saying they may pull out of the USA this week?

    "Dear Affiliates,

    I may have some unfortunate news regarding our program. If you are currently sending US traffic to BetUS.com perhaps itís best you point it to another site. The company may start blocking new US joins sometime this week.
    Last edited by Buddy M; 12 May 2011 at 1:02 am.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buddy M For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (17 May 2011)

  3. #2
    Imperator's Avatar
    Imperator is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    I wonder if bodog and bookmaker.com will follow the pattern. Not many giants left in US...

  4. #3
    casinoking is offline New Member
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    betus was a big earner of mine oh well

  5. #4
    Buddy M's Avatar
    Buddy M is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Location
    TV Land
    Posts
    309
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Did anyone hear anything further from BetUS?

    Last I heard "Pulling Out" of the US was not a done deal.

  6. #5
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,050
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 180 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    I received a call from my affiliate manager and YES they are done with the US for now. Current players can still use the site.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Like poker? See www.usalegalpoker.com for the best USA poker sites and USA online casinos for the best USA online casino. https://mobileslotslisting.com
    www.usalegalslots.com - www.playusaonlinepoker.com - www.4deucespoker.com

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TravG For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (17 May 2011)

  8. #6
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanks
    521
    Thanked 863 Times in 512 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokerBonus View Post
    I received a call from my affiliate manager and YES they are done with the US for now. Current players can still use the site.
    I can also confirm this is true and had a similar phone conversation. It is confusing as it does not highlight this fact on their website. According to the AM I spoke to they have pulled out. Apparently they allow US registrations to fill out the start of the application form so they can capture their contact details but then they inform them they can not play there at the moment. I have been told they may be back in for the football season, but that is not certain. Again, it was confirmed to me that current players you have referred are Ok and affiliates will continue to be rewarded for them.

  9. #7
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokerBonus View Post
    I received a call from my affiliate manager and YES they are done with the US for now. Current players can still use the site.
    Ditto for me to. What a bummer.

  10. #8
    Buddy M's Avatar
    Buddy M is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Location
    TV Land
    Posts
    309
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Wow, I was really upset I didn’t get a call, but then I remembered I had lost my cell and I got a new # when I bought a new one. I was ready to ream out Travis LOL; however what’s not funny is them pulling out, dam that sucks. My top three $$ moneymakers, Linesmaker, Hollywood and BetUS. I never made that much for Sportsbook itself, but the repercussions with their skins pulling out really threw me a curve.

  11. #9
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,039
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 885 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy M View Post
    Wow, I was really upset I didn’t get a call, but then I remembered I had lost my cell and I got a new # when I bought a new one. I was ready to ream out Travis LOL; however what’s not funny is them pulling out, dam that sucks. My top three $$ moneymakers, Linesmaker, Hollywood and BetUS. I never made that much for Sportsbook itself, but the repercussions with their skins pulling out really threw me a curve.
    I was not notified either, kinda pisses me off that no email message was sent to affiliates. Would only take a few minutes and have us not looking like fools. I expected more from BetUS.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  12. #10
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    27,249
    Thanks
    1,977
    Thanked 7,760 Times in 4,891 Posts

    Default

    So what arte they doing with the emails etc they capture?

    Are they sending them invites to other places with their own tags?

    Are they saving the affiliate tags along with the info they capture so they may market to them at a later time using OUR tags or????

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  13. #11
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanks
    521
    Thanked 863 Times in 512 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Are they saving the affiliate tags along with the info they capture so they may market to them at a later time using OUR tags or????
    Yes. They will show as your registered clients, albeit not as a depositing client. When BetUS re-enters the USA market they will inform those registered clients that they can start betting at BetUS. Then these clients will be tracked to the affiliate who referred them. At least that is the way my AM explained it to me.

  14. #12
    Redbush54's Avatar
    Redbush54 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    Some US state
    Posts
    653
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 406 Times in 221 Posts

    Default

    FYI.....according to a contact at BetUS they let go 60 employees last thursday and shut down the marketing department. No email to that effect yet so this will probably get very interesting. Wonder if we even have an affiliate manager? Ours was let go.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbush54 For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (17 May 2011)

  16. #13
    Buddy M's Avatar
    Buddy M is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Location
    TV Land
    Posts
    309
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    "FYI.....according to a contact at BetUS they let go 60 employees last thursday and shut down the marketing department. No email to that effect yet so this will probably get very interesting. Wonder if we even have an affiliate manager? Ours was let go."

    Does anyone know if Erin and or Travis are still around.They are both cool.

    As far as ......."Yes. They will show as your registered clients, albeit not as a depositing client. When BetUS re-enters the USA market they will inform those registered clients that they can start betting at BetUS. Then these clients will be tracked to the affiliate who referred them. At least that is the way my AM explained it to me." ......It would very eazy for them to ignore which affiliates those hits came from.

  17. #14
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,164
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 237 Times in 189 Posts

    Default

    Very sad indeed to hear this as several great guys were working with the BetUS marketing team including one of my favourite affiliate managers and also very close personal friend Erin. I wish everyone the best.
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

  18. #15
    nsawins's Avatar
    nsawins is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    214
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 79 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    According to another affiliate I talk to who has inside knowledge with a rep from BetUS, he told me that all tracking has been turned off since last week for USA players. However, interestingly, they still allow USA players to fill out the sign up form and actually successfully deposit as a friend of mine just did that today after I asked him to test it. To me this is shady and appears that the truth is not really being conveyed to affiliates about their real stance on taking new usa players. I mean, why should we not get credit for these signups if they are still going through?
    NSAwins Football Picks - Expert NFL and College Football Picks
    USA Sportsbooks - Recommended USA Betting Sites
    Super Bowl Odds - Odds to win Super Bowl
    Free-Picks.com - Free Sports Picks

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to nsawins For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (17 May 2011)

  20. #16
    graham's Avatar
    graham is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 67 Times in 54 Posts

    Default

    I also heard about this but haven't really seen an official statement yet. Did I miss something?

  21. #17
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanks
    521
    Thanked 863 Times in 512 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nsawins View Post
    According to another affiliate I talk to who has inside knowledge with a rep from BetUS, he told me that all tracking has been turned off since last week for USA players. However, interestingly, they still allow USA players to fill out the sign up form and actually successfully deposit as a friend of mine just did that today after I asked him to test it. To me this is shady and appears that the truth is not really being conveyed to affiliates about their real stance on taking new usa players. I mean, why should we not get credit for these signups if they are still going through?
    That is interesting. Please check and see if your friend appears as a sign-up against your stats. It won't do until tomorrow's update of the affiliate stats. Please let us know.

  22. #18
    AcceleratedSports is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    As an FYI; as of last week BetUS is no longer crediting affiliates for any U.S. players sent. They turned off the tracking for U.S. players.

    As of today, they have continue to accept U.S. business; allowing them to deposit and play.

    They say they are going to stop accepting U.S. players soon (but again affiliates will not be getting credit for them)

    FYI: US players can still currently join at Sportsbook.com and SportsInteraction as well.

    Doesn't seem right to me...

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to AcceleratedSports For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (17 May 2011)

  24. #19
    AcceleratedSports is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justbookies View Post
    That is interesting. Please check and see if your friend appears as a sign-up against your stats. It won't do until tomorrow's update of the affiliate stats. Please let us know.
    JustBookies,

    I had a player that I sent on Friday that is still not there. You will not be getting credit for any U.S. players (however, they are accepting them).

  25. #20
    Buddy M's Avatar
    Buddy M is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Location
    TV Land
    Posts
    309
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts

    Default Can you please clarify this?

    Quote Originally Posted by AcceleratedSports View Post
    As an FYI; as of last week BetUS is no longer crediting affiliates for any U.S. players sent. They turned off the tracking for U.S. players.

    As of today, they have continue to accept U.S. business; allowing them to deposit and play.

    They say they are going to stop accepting U.S. players soon (but again affiliates will not be getting credit for them)

    FYI: US players can still currently join at Sportsbook.com and SportsInteraction as well.

    Doesn't seem right to me...
    WOW, are you telling me the BetUS, Sportsbook and SIA are accepting NEW US players or allowing those who already have an account to continue to deposit and bet.

    I sure hope it's the later.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •