nvc
    nvc is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default bought old domain without checking the history of the domain

Hello,
    I recently bought premium domain but was excited that I forgot to check the webarchive .
    Now I see that domain is live since 2003. I don't know if I should celebrate or no. With the free Ahrefs backlink checker I see only couple of backlinks that look good. There are 3 indexed pages in Google.
    I don't see anything wrong with the domain but I am not sure how I should check if the domain was penalized in the past. Does Google delete penalties after the domain is being dropped or they keep it? How can I understand the situation of that domain?
    Thanks all in advance

Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Thanks

If there are pages indexed then it wouldn't have been wiped out with a manual penalty recently. Doesn't mean its not had penalties and they don't always last forever, if you change the things you were penalised for sites can recover of course.

If it has a couple of good links that sounds good, depends how many spammy links it has relative to that.

It's hard to know for sure without knowing the domain.

chaumi is online now Private Member
    Thanks

If you don't want to spell out the domain publicly, NVC, feel free to pm it and I'll have a look.