Hello Everyone,
I have been hearing about canonical issue for quite sometime. What is it actually. Will it give me the chance to use duplicate content.
Your help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Hello Everyone,
I have been hearing about canonical issue for quite sometime. What is it actually. Will it give me the chance to use duplicate content.
Your help is appreciated.
Thanks.
You can watch a video by Matt Cutts on the use and purpose of the canonical meta tag here: http://support.google.com/webmasters...&answer=139394
You add the tag to your meta data in the head of your page.Code:<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/the-rest-of-the-original-url"/>
@Chips The video is great... Thanks for the help :)
The video is very helpful and informative. In fact, I found the entire Google Webmaster tool very informative. Thanks Chips :)
We use All in one SEO plugin for our wordpress theme and this automatically creates canonical url and tags for you so stops and title or meta tags from been duplicated:)