Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default Casino, sportsbook, slots or poker - where to start?

    I have never really more than dabbled outside of rakeback, however, decided it was time to diversify and start getting more in to the other sectors of our industry.

    So, i purchased a set of domains that are all branded together ...

    casino my brand (3 letters) .org
    casinoonline my brand (3 letters) .com
    slots my brand (3 letters) .com
    sportsbook my brand (3 letters) .com

    i also could not resist

    onlinepoker my brand (3 letters) .com

    and

    rakeback my brand (3 letters) .com

    When i say my brand (3 letters) i mean my brand is 3 letters.

    Now obviously to make any impact in to the market i need to concentrate on just one to start with, however, which one? Which one would be the best starting point? and how would people suggest the best way forward would be?

    I will discount the poker non rakeback direction as i as good as do that now anyway.

    Also, what brands would you suggest would be best to work with initially? Not for trustworthyness as such, i will consider that before anything, however, for better conversion and less saturation reasons.

    Thanks in advance for any pointers or advice
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  2. #2
    AE-Martyn is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,050
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked 763 Times in 434 Posts

    Default

    Alright boss.

    I think you know what I would say!

    I would start with either the Casino one or the Slots one, but dont forget to pick your market. Reason being is there is plenty of info and variance in signup offers and creative. So you can quickly generate a site and build content and pages.

    The rewards can be very good also. So once the site is up and running, ranking well and activity is happening you can reap the benfits and start building further sites. But dont forget you cant let it just sit there you gotta maintain it and build it.

    Pick the one that interests you the most as this is how you will benefit more in the long run.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to AE-Martyn For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (1 February 2010)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    I would go for the live casino one. It' a growing niche, that's a secret to those doing so well. I don't want to turn this into a "join my program thread", but that's what I would do.

    Other than that do casino.. IT's pretty much all I know so it's hard to give advice to what's better, but I'd say follow the one you like the best.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to LiveCasinoPartners For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (1 February 2010)

  6. #4
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,336
    Thanks
    1,994
    Thanked 4,308 Times in 2,048 Posts

    Default

    Casino Portals seem to be the most lucrative and easiest to build up if you have an interest in the subject. Slots are more of the same - if you are personally interested in slots then you could specialise in this - but you are probably better going for the broader casino market.

    Sports portals can be very profitable, but you definately need to work harder, providing regular content, and you'll still have to run the up-and-down profit streaks until you've acquired several hundred active players. This can take several years.

    Poker, well it's poker. My experience is that poker revenues are about 1/5th of casino or sports for the month - and that's with quite a bit of work done to stay topical.

    Seeing as you started with rakeback - poker is obviously an interest - and so this would be an easy step - but it might feel like more of the same?

    I'd suggest trying this order :
    - 1) Casino (to get some variation)
    - 2) Poker (to go back to your strength)
    - 3) Slots (leverage off your casino site now)
    - 4) Sports(my passion - but time consuming)

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (1 February 2010)

  8. #5
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    29,663
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked 8,276 Times in 5,242 Posts

    Default

    It's ironic that Martyn would be one of the first to respond because in reality it would be HIS brands that would likely occupy one of the top spots in my recommendations.

    Depending on what the market you are targeting would also help decide that.

    If you will be targeting the US market, or feel that us visitors will be a much higher percentage of your traffic then you will obviously havem to focus a bit more on RTG's, Rivals and Vegas Tech.

    If that isn't the case, then I would say that talking to wagerx about his brand is on the list, as well as a variety of micros and playtech's of your choice mixed in with the othe 3 mentioned above.

    Part of your decision should also be based upon the short term goals of each of the site brands.

    If the slots site will likely grow to have hundreds of pages, but you think you can get more of those done in a shorter amount of time then start with that.

    The more general casino brands will likely end up covering more of a variety of game sectors and I personally feel this may better fit with a more general start.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    mewmew is offline New Member
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Casino Portals seem to be the most lucrative and easiest to build up if you have an interest in the subject. Slots are more of the same - if you are personally interested in slots then you could specialise in this - but you are probably better going for the broader casino market.

    Sports portals can be very profitable, but you definately need to work harder, providing regular content, and you'll still have to run the up-and-down profit streaks until you've acquired several hundred active players. This can take several years.

    Poker, well it's poker. My experience is that poker revenues are about 1/5th of casino or sports for the month - and that's with quite a bit of work done to stay topical.

    Seeing as you started with rakeback - poker is obviously an interest - and so this would be an easy step - but it might feel like more of the same?

    I'd suggest trying this order :
    - 1) Casino (to get some variation)
    - 2) Poker (to go back to your strength)
    - 3) Slots (leverage off your casino site now)
    - 4) Sports(my passion - but time consuming)
    Where have you learned all this? Would you say there are more people looking for casino bonus offers than sportsbook bonus offers?

    Great post btw

  11. #7
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWC-Martyn View Post
    Alright boss.

    I think you know what I would say!

    I would start with either the Casino one or the Slots one, but dont forget to pick your market. Reason being is there is plenty of info and variance in signup offers and creative. So you can quickly generate a site and build content and pages.

    The rewards can be very good also. So once the site is up and running, ranking well and activity is happening you can reap the benfits and start building further sites. But dont forget you cant let it just sit there you gotta maintain it and build it.

    Pick the one that interests you the most as this is how you will benefit more in the long run.
    Thanks Martyn

    Casino has been the choice, however, market??? expand please.

    I have about as much knowledge about casinos as i have inches over 5 foot 6 in height.

    Content is certainly top of my agenda, not only because of the fact that content is king, however, because of the style in which i am heading with the site.

    So Martyn, any content would be very welcome
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  12. #8
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WagerX View Post
    I would go for the live casino one. It' a growing niche, that's a secret to those doing so well. I don't want to turn this into a "join my program thread", but that's what I would do.

    Other than that do casino.. IT's pretty much all I know so it's hard to give advice to what's better, but I'd say follow the one you like the best.
    Thank You, I agree with your idea, however as i am looking to make this site enormous, with my little knowledge of casinos let alone live casinos i am covering all parts of casinos for now.

    There is a prominent section on live casinos mind you and you are there in it and on show.

    As i said to Martyn, any further content i can lay my hands on to re write will be very handy - Hint Hint
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  13. #9
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Casino Portals seem to be the most lucrative and easiest to build up if you have an interest in the subject. Slots are more of the same - if you are personally interested in slots then you could specialise in this - but you are probably better going for the broader casino market.

    Sports portals can be very profitable, but you definately need to work harder, providing regular content, and you'll still have to run the up-and-down profit streaks until you've acquired several hundred active players. This can take several years.

    Poker, well it's poker. My experience is that poker revenues are about 1/5th of casino or sports for the month - and that's with quite a bit of work done to stay topical.

    Seeing as you started with rakeback - poker is obviously an interest - and so this would be an easy step - but it might feel like more of the same?

    I'd suggest trying this order :
    - 1) Casino (to get some variation)
    - 2) Poker (to go back to your strength)
    - 3) Slots (leverage off your casino site now)
    - 4) Sports(my passion - but time consuming)
    Thanks Very much for this advice and for taking the time to help, your advice is always very well accepted in these parts.

    One of the problems i have is that i have very little interest in anything in our industry other than poker and the financial aspect of being in the industry. Therefore this is why i have chosen the generic casino option as i feel you are correct in both point's especially the fact about the casino niche being the most lucrative.

    As usual i cannot do things by half measure either and the sportsbook domain i have is making my design fingers itch so is also also going to be put to good use. I will not be spending so much time on this, however, will be using it as a sort of news and content based site for the near future. The aim will to be to add plenty of content each week, which hopefully will give me a head start once i have the time to really develop it. Would you consider that to be a good idea?

    Ref the poker niche, you are of course right, the earning from poker is very weak compared to anything else, however, a good staple. I think i will leave the poker alone (other than my existing sites) until i have the brand developed well on the casino and sportsbook side. I do think it will be good to align the poker brands once i get or if i do get the other parts of the brand settled and working.

    Again ref the slots, it seems that the casino site needs to be quite substantial on slots so the slots site will need to be put on the backburner for now.

    I am interested to see how i get along with the casino and sportsbook sites taking in to account my lack of real interest and knowledge.

    Would you say your success is down to your love of sports betting or just a small part of your success?
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  14. #10
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    It's ironic that Martyn would be one of the first to respond because in reality it would be HIS brands that would likely occupy one of the top spots in my recommendations.

    Depending on what the market you are targeting would also help decide that.

    If you will be targeting the US market, or feel that us visitors will be a much higher percentage of your traffic then you will obviously havem to focus a bit more on RTG's, Rivals and Vegas Tech.

    If that isn't the case, then I would say that talking to wagerx about his brand is on the list, as well as a variety of micros and playtech's of your choice mixed in with the othe 3 mentioned above.

    Part of your decision should also be based upon the short term goals of each of the site brands.

    If the slots site will likely grow to have hundreds of pages, but you think you can get more of those done in a shorter amount of time then start with that.

    The more general casino brands will likely end up covering more of a variety of game sectors and I personally feel this may better fit with a more general start.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Thanks Rick, you have added another aspect to my thoughts and direction.

    See, i would never have considered focussing on brands as much as just US friendly casinos. Although maybe that is the same thing. Not sure i will aim specifically for the US market, however, i will not hide from it.

    I think the general casino direction is the way forward as it seems that content will be easier to get as well as write for someone with little experience like me and will as you say add more variety.
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  15. #11
    pompeyrayuk's Avatar
    pompeyrayuk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth England
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 253 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Not that I have a clue what I am on about lol
    I would have thought possibly sportsbook what with the next few months seing the Cheltenham Festival and Grand National, Champions League knockout stages, Playoffs etc
    Then theres the World Cup just around the corner, PGA Tour Golf etc

    Just my way off the mark opinion.

  16. #12
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pompeyrayuk View Post
    Not that I have a clue what I am on about lol
    I would have thought possibly sportsbook what with the next few months seing the Cheltenham Festival and Grand National, Champions League knockout stages, Playoffs etc
    Then theres the World Cup just around the corner, PGA Tour Golf etc

    Just my way off the mark opinion.
    I reckon you are spot on there Ray, however, to make the most of these i reckon the project should really have been started 12 months back.
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  17. #13
    Anthony-Coral is offline Former Employee of Coral
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    Gibraltar
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 717 Times in 443 Posts

    Default

    There's certainly plenty of major events in this years sporting calendar to make getting your Betting site live worth a shot.

    When you DO get onto it we can help you out with content.

    We produce at least three top quality videos each week that are freely available for our affiliates to use on their sites.

    Typically they'll be a Horse Racing Preview, a casino competition video and then others focussing on the likes of The Prem, Champions League, Super Bowl etc etc

    So if you want to focus on just one market of sports betting there should be plenty for you to use.

    We also post up a list of Teaser Texts that can you can amend or use to give you ideas for writing your own.

    Take a look at http://www.stanjamesaffiliates.com/eMedia and see if it's the kind of stuff you need.

    If not just give me a shout for what you'd like to see there.

  18. #14
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Anthony, the content is invaluable and certainly what is required here.


    Just as a matter of interest, if any program out there would like to buy prime position on either site then there is the option and i will listen to all offers. Just drop me a PM


    Disclaimer - Grand Prix and friends need not apply
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  19. #15
    AK's Avatar
    AK
    AK is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    558
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 90 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    .org have more google page rank value

    regards

    ak

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •