Hi guys, has anyone got any experience using cloudflare and Wordpress plugin? Good? Bad? Don't bother?
Cheers
Printable View
Hi guys, has anyone got any experience using cloudflare and Wordpress plugin? Good? Bad? Don't bother?
Cheers
I use it as it's very handy to clear Cloudflare cache and to activate development mode instead of logging into Cloudflare each time. For beginners it has handy optimization settings which may be useful.
I'm using Cloudflare directly, through DNS setup, but the plugin is good as well.
The plugin does not do the DNS setup for you, you would still have to set that up manually. You grant the plugin access to your Cloudflare account via API access key.
They have a basic free package and then there are the paid packages that offer you more options.
It's a freemium product with many additional options. Personally I find the free plan is good enough for a small website. I don't need load balancing or whatever, I just need the CDN, caching, DDoS protection, and those are free.
Akamai is another impressive one and gives you the option to start a free trial with them before you pay anything. It's up to you. This is the one that I would be using.
This is their link: https://www.akamai.com