-
Which CMS do you use
What do you use to build your website?
Wordpress, Joomla, EZ Publish, etc.
Building your site yourself or do you use templates
Although we test a little differently. In the beginning we used clean html code, so we tried a bit with wp.
On our last project we have tested EZpublish that seems to work very well.
WP - Spilleautomater
Clean html - Jackpot6000 Spilleautomat
EZ Publish - Casino / Casino Bonus
-
I use joomla primarily. All custom designs, but I often use afterburner as a base - purely because it's fast.
Wordpress seems popular and I've used it for the occasional blog.
-
I also use Wordpress for the prime reason that it has lot many more templates and plugins and customization is very easy.
-
I'm also using Wordpress in a couple of sites, and I'm more than satisfied with both front and back end. I think the real contenders, when it comes to free CMSs, are Wordpress and Joomla only; Drupal is too steep for amateurs like me, CMS Made Easy is very elegant, and indeed simple but powerful, but due to small number of users, it seriously misses templates; all other I've tried are lacking features.
Now, between Joomla and Wordpress, it's pretty difficult to decide; Joomla is more powerfull, but ratio between efforts you put in learning and results you get is much, much better with Wordpress. Joomla seems to have more security issues than Wordpress; I was getting new mail each several days informing me about must-install patch; Worpdress doesn't have that practice; they rather launch a new version each now and then.
Finally, there was main reason I chose Wordpress over Joomla: in Joomla, you place all thing in modules, and those modules are scattered all over site; they are not labeled consistently, and all the templates have different placement of modules; so if you place some content in your footer, and then change template, that same content may appear anywhere else on the site, and you will have to change assignment of content and module. However, in Wordpress, there are no modules; there are content area, different sidebars, footers and header, and once you place something in certain place, it will always stay there in any new theme, provided you enable it in theme settings. And once I discovered WP Weaver theme for Wordpress, I have never looked back; WP Weaver is in fact 20 predefined themes in one theme, with literally hundreds of options in control panel, including CSS snipets for every single piece of content, so I have full control of each piece of the site!
-
Wordpress for me :) I'm still learning as i go along but i sure am pretty comfortable with it.
-
Wordpress mainly. A few sites have Joomla and a few others have some customized CMS behind them. Going with wordpress across the board makes managing easier ...
-
Joomla for 'sites', Wordpress for 'blogs' as it were.
-
Drupal is by far the best CMS today! true is needs more configuring outside the box but once up you have the power of thousands of developers behind you.
-
I am all wordpress and it makes updating websites much easier. Also it is great when I am traveling and I can easily login to my sites from any computer and add/change content.
-
I used to code my own cms.. but wordpres is where its at for me.
updating, so many plugins, easy to create your own plugins and themes without messing with the framework.
-
Wordpress for me.. fell in love with it 2 years ago and never stopped. I used joomla before, but after my personal sites were hacked into, i didn't try anymore.
WP has changed a lot ever since, it is not just pages and sidebar widget, new templates are getting more and more wittier!
-
Joomla. It offers a lot of flexibility and is great for membership sites.
-
Is there no one who has experience with EZ Publish?
We made a specification on our new site, casino6000 and asked for a quote on the job.
Most respondents were quite convincing that we should use the EZ on the new website.
Most believed that the EZ was very flexible and it also supported the multi-language website. It also appears (already) that the indexed pretty well with google for keyword phrases.
There are many opportunities for expansion of the site at a later date, if We want it.
-
Wordpress is definitely the king of CMS. Its used by so many people, easy to use, manage, has loads of plugins and templates. Wordpress rocks :joy:
-
To be honest I had never heard of ez-publish....so I googled them and looked around....
I am usually pretty turned off by companies that link to a page called pricing and then there is ZERO information concerning the REAL PRICE of their software or service.
The page called pricing, should be named something other than pricing since there isn't any "prices" there.
Rick
Universal4
-
Totally agree with Rick here, if a 'prices' page says contact us you can be sure that they will be trying to overcharge or rip you off!
-
Back in the days.. Coded the sites by hand in html..
Now.. Lazy and hunting WP templates which I heavily alter to fit my needs... :)
Much easier to have a base to build from and easy to customize with some simple css lines.. and some php.. html.. wft.. ;)
-
I built one of my sites using PHP framework Codeigniter, but if we talk about CMS's, it has to be Wordpress in my opinion.
Wordpress changed a lot lately, and it is not only blogging machine anymore. Apart from widgets, where you can put almost anything you want and in any place you want, there are now also custom menus and that has solved probably one of the biggest problems for average user. In earlier versions, when you had only one menu, you had to put in big effort to create another menu, and if you weren't familiar with PHP, CSS and WP code structure, that was big problem.
Widgets are also much more advanced than they used to be earlier, when they were residing in sidebar only. Widgets are now used in main content, to create custom front pages, etc, so you can do wonders with them.
If you asked me two years ago, I would choose Joomla over Wordpress, but at this stage, I think that Wordpress is years ahead of Joomla. There are no security issues, no frequent patches, etc.
Installation of WP site is made for dummies, and with their 5-clicks process WP is installed in 2 minutes after you have uploaded your files. Update also works out of the box, by simply clicking one button from your dashboard.
With huge popularity there are now plugins for almost everything you need, and plugins are also installed directly from your dashboard, without need to downloads plugins to your computer, etc.
There are also loads of free themes that are also installed from dashboard with two clicks, but if you're looking for professional or custom themes, you will have to do that manually. That's not a big deal though, if you know how to use any FTP client or via your cPanel or any other system provided by your host.
Wordpress URLs are SEO out of the box, and with use of some of SEO plugins, you have full control of all on-page SEO aspects (title, description, ...)
You can find professional themes with a lot of advanced options and features for around $25-35, but I don't know for how much you can get decent Joomla templates these days.
:thumbsup:
-
Wordpress for sure, although version 3.2 blowsssssss. It messed up the fonts of the admin panel. Supposedly the geniuses decided that mono-space fonts look better, and everything looks a bit gothic now. I had to play around for an hour to fix them the way I want.
I currently use a paid template, but a general one, not a custom. I've been tutored recently by someone much more experienced than me that I met actually here, that for optimal results I will hire a designer, and then a seo to do the code.
-
wordpress for all my sites but one which i made one weebly pro and i actually really like it and it ranks nicely even if it isnt very seo friendly. The great thing with wordpress is ofcourse the plugins but whats great is the amount of support and reference you can find by searching the user forums and help because wordpress users, plugin and theme designers love to help each other out, i dont think you get this with many other cms, and yes xecutable, wordpress 3.2 looks bloody awful but i guess we all just have to get used to it.