Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PromoteCasino View Post
    I'm not sure if Marko should get his money back as I would worry that he would only gamble it again. Maybe not getting it back will finally convince him to nish all casino off once and for all
    I agree but I'm not a professional.

    However the casino should not be allowed to benefit from this. It's wrong on many levels and clearly the casino needs training on how to deal with players like this.

    At the very least donate the money to Gamblers Anonymous or any of the resources Rick mentioned.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Gamble 4 Keeps (26 March 2015), PromoteCasino (26 March 2015)

  3. #22
    Roulette Zeitung is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,446
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    6,015
    Thanked 6,688 Times in 2,951 Posts

    Default

    Condor Affiliates
    "we have asked you to send us the request by writing in a separate email, after talking to our chat agents, to confirm your choice by full awareness and it was your own initiative to reopen your account"

    And you Condor Affiliates are blind or have lost common sense in the moment he asked the first time for it?
    This is the difference between trained staff and money greed.
    No question, why you asked for a written statement from the player.
    You want to have an alibi, a "proof" that you are innocent for your actions.
    But this proof is a disservice.
    Asking for this alibi proofs, that you have reopened his account with the knowledge, that he have a gambling problem.
    It's a deliberate act.

    And if you continue in acting "anonymous" in this forum (https://www.gpwa.org/forum/welcome-c...tml#post783074), ("Condor Team" - What a joke, do you share the typing on the keyboard, e.g. Mr. Smith is typing all "a" and Charly M all "e"?) ... as long as you do this, you are under special observation.

    Leopold

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roulette Zeitung For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (26 March 2015), Gamble 4 Keeps (26 March 2015)

  5. #23
    marko6's Avatar
    marko6 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 51 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PromoteCasino View Post
    I'm not sure if Marko should get his money back as I would worry that he would only gamble it again. Maybe not getting it back will finally convince him to nish all casino off once and for all
    I understand your point, and acknowledge your empathy. However, whether I should get a refund or not, is not a matter of what I will do with that money. It is a matter of fault. And here the major fault is on the casino's side, because it reopened an account that was closed for lifetime due to a gambling addiction.

    A very good reason for me to stopp gambling once and for all is when I will finally succeed with one of my complaints. Because then I know that all my losses had not been in vain, but might help other addicted players in the future. Yes, I do care about others. My mission in this world is not to make money but to make this world slightly better. I am spending lots of money for schools in India to help boys and girls getting what they are missing most: education and love.

    Please read my thread about Rembrandt Casino (http://www.askgamblers.com/casino-co...involved-c3381) and ask yourself whether Condor Affiliates may keep my money, although it was aware of my gambling addiction for more than one year.

    marko6

  6. #24
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,198
    Thanks
    860
    Thanked 5,389 Times in 1,741 Posts

    Default

    I think that conclusions are being reached in this thread without there being sufficient background information given to substantiate those conclusions.

    It is common in the industry for accounts to be closed, or for limits to be requested by players, and then for a player to subsequently request that those limits be removed. Even the remote gambling association rules say it is acceptable for play to be resumed after a brief cooling off period, as long as the suspension was not in the context of the gambler specifically asserting to the casino that they were a problem gambler.

    In this thread, Marko6 has stated 1) that he has a gambling problem, and 2) that he asked for his account to be closed. But Marko6 has not claimed in this thread that he stated to the casino that he wanted his account closed because he had a gambling problem. Folks seem to be assuming the casino was specifically told by Marko6 that he was a problem gambler and that he wanted his account closed for that reason.

    In another case I looked at (where I examined back and forth between Marko6 and a casino), I found instances where he complained about loosing money, and wanted his play blocked, and then requested the block be reopened, but in that investigation there were no cases I could find where his account was reopened after being explicit with the casino that he had a gambling problem. In fact, in the previous case I examined, Marko6 had asserted he had informed the casino he was a problem gambler, but we were subsequently able to prove that the email used to substantiate that claim had forged headers, Marko6 subsequently acknowledged it was a fabricated email message.

    Now, I'm not saying there is no issue in this particular case. Just that if you read carefully what has been said so far in this thread, a valid case has not been made based on reading exactly what has been said.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot

    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MichaelCorfman For This Useful Post:

    Gamble 4 Keeps (26 March 2015)

  8. #25
    PromoteCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,117
    Thanks
    1,073
    Thanked 496 Times in 335 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post
    I think that conclusions are being reached in this thread without there being sufficient background information given to substantiate those conclusions.
    Michael
    Fair enough Michael, only Marko and the casino operator know the full truth. We can only take this thread at face value.
    But it's not a great start to Condors GPWA Gold Sponsorship!!!
    BettingOffers.bet - Latest offers and bonuses from reputable UK bookmakers. A New project underway but a long way to go Bookie Rewards

  9. #26
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post

    It is common in the industry for accounts to be closed, or for limits to be requested by players, and then for a player to subsequently request that those limits be removed. Even the remote gambling association rules say it is acceptable for play to be resumed after a brief cooling off period, as long as the suspension was not in the context of the gambler specifically asserting to the casino that they were a problem gambler.

    In this thread, Marko6 has stated 1) that he has a gambling problem, and 2) that he asked for his account to be closed. But Marko6 has not claimed in this thread that he stated to the casino that he wanted his account closed because he had a gambling problem. Folks seem to be assuming the casino was specifically told by Marko6 that he was a problem gambler and that he wanted his account closed for that reason.


    Michael
    In most cases that I've seen the self exclusion goes something like this:

    Player fills out a forum
    Form is accepted and player is informed.

    Self exclusion is 1 to 5 years, irrevocable. After which time the player is notified. The player can be reassessed at this time.

    example: xhttp://oag.ca.gov/gambling/exclusion_self

    New Jersey: xhttp://www.nj.gov/casinos/probgamb/

    In this case there is no proper form and the onus is on the player to inform the casino? It's wide open for dispute. When a player asks for a lifetime ban (which Condor doesn't dispute) it should raise some flags. The casino is not trained to ask/look for the reasons for the ban? In other words the casino has zero responsibility. Further it appears that they don't care enough to take it a step further.

    Regardless of what marko may or may not done, this method is unacceptable IMO. There should be rules for ANY self exclusion not just winging it.

    The bigger picture is that there are lots of bonus/withdrawal t/c's. Where are the terms for vulnerable player exclusions? It not only protects the player but the casino as well.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Gamble 4 Keeps (26 March 2015)

  11. #27
    marko6's Avatar
    marko6 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 51 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Michael,
    please read the following post by Condor Affiliates very carefully:

    Quote Originally Posted by Condor-Affiliates View Post
    We informed you about the reason why your account was closed - which was on your request, and indeed after a losing streak a few months ago. We did try to protect you for an impulsive decision for re-opening.
    What kind of reason can it be, if a player requests his account to be closed for lifetime?

    Also please read the following thread:
    http://www.askgamblers.com/casino-co...involved-c3381

    This thread clearly states my gambling problem, and Rembrandt Casino is also run by Condor Affiliates. Because Condor Affiliates run 3 casino brands only, it was well aware of my gambling problem.

    But, anyway, let us see what will happen:
    Condor Affiliates shall state the reason why I had requested a lifetime ban.

    marko6

  12. #28
    marko6's Avatar
    marko6 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 51 Times in 33 Posts

    Default Interesting time frame

    Here is an interesting time frame to think about:

    On March 25th at 11:17 am CET I sent an email to support@b-bets.com, requesting a refund of my 1500 Euro deposit due to the fact that my account was reopened although it had been closed for lifetime due to my gambling problem.

    On March 25th at 05:58 pm CET I received a personal email from support@b-bets.com saying, that my request has been received and that I will receive further communication shortly.

    On March 26th at 11:33 am CET I received an email from support@b-bets.com with the subject line "Grab your loyalty bonus" and a link "Click here to play now".

    On March 26th at 04:22 pm CET "Condor Team" makes post #15 in this thread, and hence must be aware of my gambling problem.

    On March 26th at 04:40 pm CET I sent another email to support@b-bets.com, requesting an immediate account closure due to my gambling problem.

    On March 26th at 11:01 pm CET (which is right now!) I am still able to log into my b-bets.com account and I would still be able to make a deposit. This proves again that Condor Affiliates do not care a bit about my gambling problem, because they did not find it necessary to lock my account when making their post #15 today (which is now more than 6 hours ago). And, even worse, my email from March 25th was read and personally acknowledged on March 25th at 05:58 pm CET which is almost 30 hours (!) ago.

    All these e-mails are saved on my computer.

    marko6

  13. #29
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marko6 View Post

    On March 26th at 11:01 pm CET (which is right now!) I am still able to log into my b-bets.com account and I would still be able to make a deposit.

    marko6
    I'm confused why your account is active and you can deposit.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Gamble 4 Keeps (26 March 2015)

  15. #30
    Gamble 4 Keeps's Avatar
    Gamble 4 Keeps is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    80
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    This thread is turning into a joke, marko doesn't deserve to get his money back. At worst, as mojo said the funds should go to a charity maybe of markos choice.

    Marko you have a serious gambling problem, get off the internet and go get yourself some proper help. Many members here appear to have provided some really good ways to get help and you appear to be avoiding them. Cant help someone if they cant help themselves. Your not a child so man up and go get help and quit posting complaints surrounding your gambling addiction and attempts to get your money back.

    I have no time for someone that clearly wont help themselves. You have made another deposit to the casinos by your own admission WHILE trying to justifying your complaint in this thread.

    Condor Affiliates - Work with the casino to donate this persons money to a charity of his choice, mojo is dead right the casino should not benefit off of someones gambling problem! ALSO CLOSE AND DELETE THIS PERSONS ACCOUNT!
    G4K Community forums <---- Join our forums today - Become part of the family
    Online Gambling Reviews
    Best Online Gambling Bonuses
    Have A Gambling Problem <-- Get Excluded From Being Able To Gamble Online. One Form for ALL Gambling sites.



  16. #31
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,819
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 1,088 Posts

    Default

    Although I don't have a great deal of sympathy for someone who doesn't help himself, I have seen the desperation that problem gamblers experience when they lose money that they just can't afford to lose. If the casino knew that Marko is a problem gambler and re-opened his account anyway, then the casino should refund his money. I also think that the casino should DELETE Marko's account and permanently ban him.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetbet For This Useful Post:

    Gamble 4 Keeps (26 March 2015)

  18. #32
    Gamble 4 Keeps's Avatar
    Gamble 4 Keeps is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    80
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    If the casino knew that Marko is a problem gambler and re-opened his account anyway, then the casino should refund his money. I also think that the casino should DELETE Marko's account and permanently ban him.
    Agreed, but there is a bigger picture here. Marko yes has a problem, Yes the casino should not have reopened his account, by having to refund marko its not just the casino that loses out. The affiliate that marko is attached to also will have to pay the casino back wont they?

    So in effect markos gambling problems is not only affecting himself, but others too that may rely on making a living as an affiliate. If marko continues to gamble his problem becomes everyone elses problem. So a ban list needs to be created and shared among affiliate programs and casinos or any other gambling site for that matter of all people that need to be blacklisted from being able to open an account.

    Just like a credit check when you go for a loan, it should be the same for opening an account at a gambling establishment.

    I will look at developing a site database of problem gamblers that can voluntarily submit there details to be excluded that can then be checked by only casinos, affiliate programs and poker or sports betting sites. This website will then on a monthly basis contact the casinos of the people that have been asked to be excluded, send a player list of accounts that need to be suspended.

    If someone is interested in helping me do this for problem gamblers flick me a pm.

    Last edited by Gamble 4 Keeps; 26 March 2015 at 11:14 pm.
    G4K Community forums <---- Join our forums today - Become part of the family
    Online Gambling Reviews
    Best Online Gambling Bonuses
    Have A Gambling Problem <-- Get Excluded From Being Able To Gamble Online. One Form for ALL Gambling sites.



  19. #33
    marko6's Avatar
    marko6 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 51 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Finally, now on March 27th at 07:48 am CET, I get the message that my account at b-bets.com is "frozen".
    However, at Rembrandt Casino (which belongs to the same group) I was informed that a frozen account may still be reopened.

    marko6

  20. #34
    marko6's Avatar
    marko6 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 51 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post
    In this thread, Marko6 has stated 1) that he has a gambling problem, and 2) that he asked for his account to be closed. But Marko6 has not claimed in this thread that he stated to the casino that he wanted his account closed because he had a gambling problem.
    I want to point out that I did mention my gambling problem to b-bets.com when I requested my account to be closed for lifetime. Upon this request my account was indeed closed on January 15th, 2015. On March 24th I was in the addicted mood of playing again, and I contacted the chat operator Andre. He was aware of the reason why I had my account closed and he also was aware of the fact that it had been closed for lifetime. But then he mentioned that I need to submit a written formal consent by email, if I want to use my account again. That is what I did. My account was reopened within approximately 1 hour, and I deposited and lost 1500 Euro.

    I doubt that this is the way how casinos should deal with problem gamblers like me.

    marko6

  21. #35
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Posts
    1,892
    Thanks
    533
    Thanked 659 Times in 379 Posts

    Default

    @marko6 - if you're really serious about your gambling addiction you should install this on your computer: http://www.gamblock.com/download/gamblock-personal.html. You should also seek some counselling from a professional with regard to your problem.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (28 March 2015), Gamble 4 Keeps (28 March 2015), marko6 (28 March 2015)

  23. #36
    marko6's Avatar
    marko6 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 51 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftDog View Post
    @marko6 - if you're really serious about your gambling addiction you should install this on your computer: http://www.gamblock.com/download/gamblock-personal.html. You should also seek some counselling from a professional with regard to your problem.
    I will purchase the gamblock software and I will install it, once this issue with Condor Affiliates is solved. The reason is simple: After installation I cannot post here anymore, because GPWA will be blocked too as a gambling related website.

    Please have a look at the facts:
    1) In October 2013 Rembrandt Casino must have been aware of my gambling problem, because it replied to the following thread:
    http://www.askgamblers.com/casino-co...involved-c3381

    2) In January 2015 I deposited and lost 1500 Euro at b-bets.com. This casino is run by the same managers (Condor Affiliates) as Rembrandt Casino. I had used the same name, the same date of birth, and the same postal address for my accounts at Rembrandt Casino and b-bets.com. Condor Affiliates runs 3 casino brands only. So, Condor Affiliates must have been aware of my gambling problem and should not have reopened my account on March 24 2015. In addition (but this is not verifiable by others) the chat operator Andre from b-bet.com told me on March 24 2015 that it will take some time to reopen my account, because it had been closed for lifetime. He reminded me of the problem which I had and which caused me to close my account. But, after submitting a confirmation e-mail that I want my account to be reopened, it was indeed reopened within just 1 hour.

    3) 24 hours after I requested a refund due to my gambling problem Condor Affiliates still sent me promotional e-mails, and 36 hours thereafter my account was still open to make deposits. It was approximately 40 hours thereafter when my account was finally "frozen". But, as I learnt from my dispute with Rembrandt Casino, a "frozen account" may still be reopened any time.

    Please decide yourself whether such a behavior is appropriate for a GPWA gold sponsor.

    marko6

  24. #37
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Posts
    1,892
    Thanks
    533
    Thanked 659 Times in 379 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marko6 View Post
    I will purchase the gamblock software and I will install it, once this issue with Condor Affiliates is solved. The reason is simple: After installation I cannot post here anymore, because GPWA will be blocked too as a gambling related website.

    Please have a look at the facts:
    1) In October 2013 Rembrandt Casino must have been aware of my gambling problem, because it replied to the following thread:
    http://www.askgamblers.com/casino-co...involved-c3381

    2) In January 2015 I deposited and lost 1500 Euro at b-bets.com. This casino is run by the same managers (Condor Affiliates) as Rembrandt Casino. I had used the same name, the same date of birth, and the same postal address for my accounts at Rembrandt Casino and b-bets.com. Condor Affiliates runs 3 casino brands only. So, Condor Affiliates must have been aware of my gambling problem and should not have reopened my account on March 24 2015. In addition (but this is not verifiable by others) the chat operator Andre from b-bet.com told me on March 24 2015 that it will take some time to reopen my account, because it had been closed for lifetime. He reminded me of the problem which I had and which caused me to close my account. But, after submitting a confirmation e-mail that I want my account to be reopened, it was indeed reopened within just 1 hour.

    3) 24 hours after I requested a refund due to my gambling problem Condor Affiliates still sent me promotional e-mails, and 36 hours thereafter my account was still open to make deposits. It was approximately 40 hours thereafter when my account was finally "frozen". But, as I learnt from my dispute with Rembrandt Casino, a "frozen account" may still be reopened any time.

    Please decide yourself whether such a behavior is appropriate for a GPWA gold sponsor.

    marko6
    Marko you have taken the first step in fighting your gambling addiction by admitting that you do have a gambling problem, well done. Now take the next step which is to stop blaming other people for your problem.

    There is an underlying issue that is causing your illness and you need to discover what that is by consulting with the right people. An alcoholic can't continue to associate with their old drinking buddies if they want to recover and start a new life.

    So I urge you to forget about the GPWA forum and this issue, as you will not get your money back, and move on with your life.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    Gamble 4 Keeps (29 March 2015)

  26. #38
    Gamble 4 Keeps's Avatar
    Gamble 4 Keeps is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    80
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftDog View Post
    Marko you have taken the first step in fighting your gambling addiction by admitting that you do have a gambling problem, well done. Now take the next step which is to stop blaming other people for your problem.

    There is an underlying issue that is causing your illness and you need to discover what that is by consulting with the right people. An alcoholic can't continue to associate with their old drinking buddies if they want to recover and start a new life.

    So I urge you to forget about the GPWA forum and this issue, as you will not get your money back, and move on with your life.

    Couldn't agree more, cut your loses and block all gambling related sites as this person has suggested. If you don't and keep posting there is obviously another motive. Your not going to get your money back, and the issue is now in public view. Now buy that software, and start in getting yourself help.
    G4K Community forums <---- Join our forums today - Become part of the family
    Online Gambling Reviews
    Best Online Gambling Bonuses
    Have A Gambling Problem <-- Get Excluded From Being Able To Gamble Online. One Form for ALL Gambling sites.



  27. #39
    marko6's Avatar
    marko6 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 51 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftDog View Post
    So I urge you to forget about the GPWA forum and this issue, as you will not get your money back, and move on with your life.
    And who will make sure that Condor Affiliates will not do the same again with other problem gamblers?
    And why should Condor Affiliates win this issue and keep my money, although it was aware of my gambling problem?
    If Condor Affiliates may keep my money, then an irresponsible way of casino operation is honored.

    marko6

  28. #40
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Put this issue to bed - do you have an exact copy of your request to close your account for life? If so, please post here.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    Gamble 4 Keeps (29 March 2015)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •