Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Professor's Avatar
    Professor is offline In Memoriam, 1963-2010
    Join Date
    April 2002
    Posts
    2,289
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts

    Question Conversions from Social Media Traffic?

    According to my logs and Google analytics I generate a high amount of "traffic" to my sites via social media marketing. Problem is I dont see a real corelation between a uptick in Media traffic and actual conversions at casinos or poker rooms.

    Has anyone else observed this?

    Does some sources produce more CONVERSIONS than others?

  2. #2
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    This is something that I'm trying to figure out as well. I have the stats, but lack the time or interest (at this time) to do it as I'm very close to leaving the igaming industry and branching out to other online avenues where I can better utilize my skills. lol

    I will say that I have noticed an increase in registrations at the forum that I'm sure came from my new endeavor, but can't say how much of an inpact it has had on my income since it's remained about the same since I've started the other venture.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to GamTrak For This Useful Post:

    Professor (30 April 2010)

  4. #3
    Adamvv's Avatar
    Adamvv is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    In regards to immediate outcome from social media efforts, I wouldn't expect too many tangible (financial) results too quickly.

    Building your presence in social media means an overall increase in your brand and the increase in discussions surrounding you and your brand.

    By involving yourself in social media, you are embarking on a long-term project that will have long-term effects.

    It follows a simple pattern:

    Investment (time and resources) - Action (actively involving and starting dialogues) - Reaction (responses from target market) - Non-Financial Impact (more traffic to site, more clicks, higher regard in industry) - Financial Impact (New players, increased commissions)

    Keep on doing it, and the results will become apparent

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adamvv For This Useful Post:

    Anthony (5 May 2010), Renee (4 May 2010)

  6. #4
    rod.collins's Avatar
    rod.collins is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamvv View Post
    In regards to immediate outcome from social media efforts, I wouldn't expect too many tangible (financial) results too quickly.

    Building your presence in social media means an overall increase in your brand and the increase in discussions surrounding you and your brand.

    By involving yourself in social media, you are embarking on a long-term project that will have long-term effects.

    It follows a simple pattern:

    Investment (time and resources) - Action (actively involving and starting dialogues) - Reaction (responses from target market) - Non-Financial Impact (more traffic to site, more clicks, higher regard in industry) - Financial Impact (New players, increased commissions)

    Keep on doing it, and the results will become apparent
    I just recently started doing some social networking, I had done some in the past with myspace, squidoo but did not see real results, Facebook and twitter seem to be doing well as far as traffic generation, the only thing that concerns me is that today facebook and twitter are big, but what will be big in 6 mos? thats what makes this business really fun, mainly because you never know whats around the corner.

    Rod

  7. #5
    TheSEO_Jason is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Facebook has more than 400 million active users and is right under Google in terms of traffic according to Alexa.

    This means there definitely is money to be made in social media.

    An advantage of social media is the viral marketing capability which in effect is used to produce an increase in brand awareness thus driving leads.

    One may not see immediate results but in the long run it is very well worth it.

  8. #6
    patmcluk's Avatar
    patmcluk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Agreed, I used to think that Twitter and Facebook were rubbish because I only got a few hits on every story, but I patiently waited and now get about 20/30 hits a day (YooHoo!) from 3000 friends lol!
    Just Arsenal News (2.5 million PVs per month)

  9. #7
    praxis's Avatar
    praxis is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    California/Mexico
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I agree with Adam and the fact that social media requieres social skills and a high level of commitment and persistence. You must really immerse in the true meaning of what it all entails which is completely forgetting about monetizing it and just be yourself. Ofc ourse that this model does not work for everyone.. like me... if I want lots of traffic.. I just buy it!!!

    Guillermo

  10. #8
    RadiusVP's Avatar
    RadiusVP is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, New Zealand
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I have friends who market to facebook and the only way they can make good coin out of it is by getting viral campaigns going. Even then, now , with FB's new rulings etc it is getting harder and harder to do succesfully, without the assistance of advanced bots

  11. #9
    LuckyLizzy's Avatar
    LuckyLizzy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    The cool thing about Facebook is that is feels like you can spread yourself Infinitely. I get about 60 new friend requests per week from people who share the same interests in the poker and online gambling industry which is really good compared to twitter. I get about 20 hits per post.

  12. #10
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by praxis View Post
    I agree with Adam and the fact that social media requieres social skills and a high level of commitment and persistence. You must really immerse in the true meaning of what it all entails which is completely forgetting about monetizing it and just be yourself. Ofc ourse that this model does not work for everyone.. like me... if I want lots of traffic.. I just buy it!!!

    Guillermo
    This is very true. Last month I've noticed an increase to my gaming site via my igaming site so it looks like it's working due to the fact that the two are similar, but my main focus will stay with social games. I spend a good deal of time socializing MORE than just spamming my links and it's paying off.

    I agree Lizzy, the it's cool to 'bond' with some of the folks that you meet online and that "Suggestion" option they have is very cool.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GamTrak For This Useful Post:

    LuckyLizzy (22 May 2010), praxis (18 May 2010)

  14. #11
    Adamvv's Avatar
    Adamvv is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamTrak View Post
    This is very true. Last month I've noticed an increase to my gaming site via my igaming site so it looks like it's working due to the fact that the two are similar, but my main focus will stay with social games. I spend a good deal of time socializing MORE than just spamming my links and it's paying off.

    I agree Lizzy, the it's cool to 'bond' with some of the folks that you meet online and that "Suggestion" option they have is very cool.
    That's it. Social Networking is not about spamming your next promotion. Avoiding that Salesy tag will do wonders for your credibility.

  15. #12
    Tinhorn's Avatar
    Tinhorn is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Question A Different Approach

    I'm looking for a wagering portal that can help usher my social networking game into its rightful destiny by adding online transactions capability.

    Each game is hosted by a user who invites friends, relatives and co-workers to join the game. Any user can host a game and, once they play, many choose to host their own game and invite a new group of players, and so on.

    This seems like a natural new accounts manufacturing plant. Am I onto something or missing something?

    I'd appreciate any feedback:

    http://footballpot.com/bid/index.html

  16. #13
    blobby500 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    I'm personally trying out Facebook/Twitter/Myspace theres so much traffic on them websites. Problem is when one person says its not worth it, everyone else follows - you have to put the work in, try out different things - once you tick the boxes thats when money starts to flow in.


    1. work hard
    2. try out anything & everything
    3. dont be lazy
    4. read
    Who's the lineal heavyweight boxing champion of the world?

  17. #14
    my3sons's Avatar
    my3sons is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blobby500 View Post
    I'm personally trying out Facebook/Twitter/Myspace theres so much traffic on them websites. Problem is when one person says its not worth it, everyone else follows - you have to put the work in, try out different things - once you tick the boxes thats when money starts to flow in.


    1. work hard
    2. try out anything & everything
    3. dont be lazy
    4. read
    I agree with you, but you forgot steps 5, 6 and 7.

    As with anything:

    5. test/track
    6. tweak
    7. go to #1
    "Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle. Napoleon Hill"

    Chris Nicholas
    VP of Client Acquisition

    chris.nicholas[@]clearlinemedia.com
    Join me on LinkedIN
    http://clearlinemedia.com


  18. #15
    blobby500 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by my3sons View Post
    I agree with you, but you forgot steps 5, 6 and 7.

    As with anything:

    5. test/track
    6. tweak
    7. go to #1

    Tell you what Chris if this was 2000 i would of registered domains like no tomorrow. At the end of the day its about SEO, rest will follow.
    Who's the lineal heavyweight boxing champion of the world?

  19. #16
    aladamapee is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The importance of Social Media Marketing is increasing day by day. Many more companies are specially assigned task to their employee to interact in social media for bringing more targeted traffic to their site.

  20. #17
    Ziggy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    944
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    I have received visits via Social Media, but no conversions. I try and market through Twitter only because players tend to look to follow interesting comments about their own interests: poker, etc.

    Facebook, because of its tie-in with Zynga, offers many games to play for free, including poker where you can win prizes, etc. I suppose its a way to work around gambling laws, but its still gambling since you may "purchase" their coins. Actually, that is in all the games. Quite shrewed, actually - these games have now become our competitors, IMO.

  21. #18
    Professor's Avatar
    Professor is offline In Memoriam, 1963-2010
    Join Date
    April 2002
    Posts
    2,289
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    I think you are on to something Ziggy. A lot of players who would have played at real poker rooms, even if it was for free money games at first, are satisfied with and hooked on Zynga. My wife plays Zynga poker 18 hours a day (or so it seems) and its gotta be the most successful free viral game on Facebook.

    You would think we could convert some of those poker players to the real world but its like pulling teeth.

  22. #19
    Ziggy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    944
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    I think you are on to something Ziggy. A lot of players who would have played at real poker rooms, even if it was for free money games at first, are satisfied with and hooked on Zynga. My wife plays Zynga poker 18 hours a day (or so it seems) and its gotta be the most successful free viral game on Facebook.

    You would think we could convert some of those poker players to the real world but its like pulling teeth.
    Indeed, I agree. I know of several women that play Farmville, for example, and expand their farms and buy decorations for real money. I had a friend go into the hospital and asked me to feed her (Farmville unreal) dog online!

    Zynga has really hit on getting people hooked. A friend told me that in July Zynga is suppose to start charging a monthly fee to play. (So much for free).

    But I agree with your comment about converting poker players. Things are bad enough and then Zynga comes along!


  23. #20
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    941
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 268 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    I personally find that social media traffic does not convert. You get a lot of curious eyeballs but none (if any) that are serious about depositing. This however, can change as social media outlets evolve and more and more potential players visit these mediums to search for quality gambling sites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •