The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,826 Times in 1,121 Posts

Default Debate on California online poker postponed until 2018

The decade-long fight to regulate online poker in one of the most attractive markets in the U.S. will have to wait at least another seven months. California Assemblyman Reggie Jones-Sawyer told Online Poker Report this week that his online poker bill will not see any movement in 2017.

In an interview at his district office in Los Angeles, Jones-Sawyer described 2016 as a year to heal, take a step back and regroup without the possibility of a bill going forward raising tensions.

“Obviously, we’re not going to put anything across the desk now,” Jones-Sawyer said. “If you look at the Assembly, we have other big things such as the transportation bill to focus on. This would not be a good year to put something controversial in. I think the ability to work out something next year has a bigger chance if we do some of the come-together healing things right now . . . I don’t want to sound like a minister or psychologist, but we’ve got to start from ground zero where we’ve got to at least get people to want to try to get it done again. When I first started on this in earnest, we were going slow and methodical, and we had some successes. We weren’t trying to rush anyone and we weren’t pitting one side against the other, as best we could.””
    Read more here: http://www.onlinepokerreport.com/250...-2018-outlook/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Buzz For This Useful Post:

celena (27 April 2017), ocreditor (30 April 2017)