My 6 year old notebook making sounds that it won't last much longer. Looked around and Dell XPS 9560 and the latest Thinkpad are the final candidates. Anyone here uses one of those and can share their experience.
Printable View
My 6 year old notebook making sounds that it won't last much longer. Looked around and Dell XPS 9560 and the latest Thinkpad are the final candidates. Anyone here uses one of those and can share their experience.
Hey
Desktop is not a option?
The 9560 is not bad, but the display is small...
U can get a high end desktop with a big screen for this money.
I have work on a laptop for some years,is possible but not really comfortable.
The xps is s running with the 7700...heat and noise can be a problem.
If u tell me what u wanna do with this device,and how much cash u wanna spend...I can find a better device for u.
Regards
Thank you. I move a lot so desktop is not an option.
I meant 9560 with 15.6 screen. not the 13 one.
I do all my work on laptop so it's for every day use. But since i spend lots of hours i want something good.
Plus, working also in bright conditions so anti glare screen is a must.
Used both. Personally, I'd go for an HP.
Thinkpad is now Chinese.
Dell is sleeping.
HP seems to have their head intact.
I have always like Dell (in most cases) far more then other manufacturers, mostly due to being much easier to work on if ever needed.
HP, for me is almost always a big NO!
My recent laptop purchase, I stepped away from my normal and got an Acer, and I am quite happy with it.
Rick
Universal4
Thinkpad is light and durable - great blogging PC IMO
Thinkpad but the older models, new generations aren't nearly to the quality of previous generation.
for style xps.. thinkpad even chinese is still a quality system but same decades old design, cant go wrong with either really its just astyle issue, think pad used to have rubber coating which was good incase you dropped