The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 867 Posts

Default Dick Armey says Treasury Dept. Needs to Tread Carefully in I-gambling regulations

Dick Armey, formerly the Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, wrote an editorial for CNET News, saying that the Treasury Department should not make sweeping mandates that will affect Internet commerce.

Once the federal government begins implementing guidelines for various types of online transactions, what is to prevent it from becoming more involved in every activity on the Internet? The Founding Fathers took great care constructing a government that would protect our endowed rights and liberties, not restrict and monitor them. Americans don't want the government monitoring their private transactions, online or offline.
    Full story here ... http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10079913-38.html

Thanks

Oh I like the sound of that. I think that the "founding fathers" had the concept of a lighter government overall.

Tim
    Tim is offline New Member
    Thanks

It's an interesting subject. I dont believe Banks should be deciding the definitions of internet transactions, these should be stipulated by goverment in concrete terms. If they are to be regulated at all.

Personally I believe America is lucky to have a constitution. The Uk goverment is currently trying to dismember our civil liberties through a series of laws some which have been passed without note from the media.