JohnA is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default Do you promote binary options in the USA?

I guess most binary options affiliate traffic pretty much comes from the US, this means that you are forced to promote brokers that accept US traders in order to monetize this traffic. The problem is that these brokers are pretty much all illegal in the US due to the current protectionist policies and overregulation. Right now only NADEX is allowed to operate in the US. (which to my knowledge does not have an affiliate program).

This was "solved" by (some) affiliates in the past by promoting US friendly brokers that were known not to be a scam that would just steal people's money. I mean, some affiliates did this, while others just went for the high CPAs regardless of who paid it.

I see now several larger binary options sites and blogs suspending all USA facing promotional activities. Some of the largest affiliate sites have pulled all USA review pages and aff links to usa friendly brokers.

So, my questions are: Do you promote usa friendly brokers at the moment? Do you have any information that something might be going on against affiliates by US regulators?

For example, this guy made a youtube video some days ago about him going clean and suspending all USA facing affiliate activities and warning other affiliates that they might get busted if they don't follow suit. That guy's network of sites is quite significant, probably sending massive traffic to brokers and he was heavily promoting USA brokers just of recently. Seeing they are in English-only I guess him suspending all USA affiliating means he'll lose something like 50%-80% of his total revenues.

So, it's not a decision someone would just take lightly. Is something going on? Is binary options black friday coming, but this time against affiliates too?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnA For This Useful Post:

randyj is offline New Member
    Thanks

Yeah, I'd taking anything he says with a pinch of salt.
    I can't understand why his Youtube channel would be popular since there's really absolutely no substance there.

Bottom line... he releases this video. At the same time 7 out of his 15 "Trusted" brokers on one of his biggest websites accept US traffic and are still being heavily promoted by him.

See screenshot: hxxp://i.imgur.com/VW7bGUf.png

You connect the dots. My guess is he's just trying to scare away his competition on the US brokers.
    According to your post it looks like it's working.
    Last edited by randyj; 18 December 2014 at 9:33 am.

Thanks

Well, I'm not scared away, I'm just investigating what's going on.

I think the fact that you list brokers on your pages that accept USA registrations is in itself nothing weird. Those brokers still accept international traders and those pages still receive international traffic.

What he explicitly stopped doing is directly stating that these brokers are for USA people and that USA visitors can register there. Imo there is a difference between just listing a broker that just happens to accept US traffic and explicitly and actively diverting US traffic to those brokers.

Just a few days ago he also had a menu item on his site to a page explicitly telling USA visitors to sign up at specific brokers that accept USA signups. Now this is gone. Without specifically promoting brokers as "USA friendly brokers" he for sure does lose significant revenues. Right now any USA visitor that comes to his site has pretty much no idea what to do. Added with the fact he now explicitly states the fact that any other broker than NADEX is illegal in the US, his US conversions to those brokers in the screenshot you posted will be terrible.

I'm not defending him (I don't even know who he - I just know he also runs a signal service that does not work and is there to just cash in the CPAs from the brokers), I'm just saying it's a poor strategy to scare away your competition if in the process you also lose 80% of your own revenues too. Which makes me speculate that something's up.

Edit: If you go to the reviews of all those brokers pointed out by you in the screenshot, in each review he has a disclaimer in bold telling US visitors not to register.
    Last edited by JohnA; 18 December 2014 at 9:52 am.

Thanks

He's not losing anything.
    He just made up a site called cftc-respect.org (that's the link from the CFTC image on his site) and is trying to give it traction by getting all US people to visit it and then from there the websites that are listed there (surprise surprise - they're his), and then sign up to a broker through his links.

Nothing ground breaking. There's no news from the CFTC going after affiliates. He's just got a new site and is trying to sneakily promote it.

Thanks

I know those are all his sites.

But how is he getting all the US people to sign up at those brokers from those sites if he in plain sight writes that only NADEX is legal and all those brokers there are illegal? - Why would anyone sign up there after reading this?

Thanks

Those comments are located in small dark corners of his site and chances are that nobody is ever going to read it, let alone be discouraged by it.
    The fact that he writes that and at the same time continues to post positive reviews and actively display banners and affiliate links of brokers accepting US traffic in itself shows how much he believes it himself.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randyj For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (18 December 2014), Amped (2 February 2015)

Thanks

I'm not so sure.

He's actually very explicit about it.

This is one of the very first paragraphs on his main broker page (where people will look for brokers to sign up at): hxxp://imgur.com/hb8WRl2&vxpWHZF#0

This is right before the main CTA sign up button on his broker review pages: hxxp://imgur.com/hb8WRl2&vxpWHZF#1

In my experience, most people do actually read these reviews and full pages before they actually sign up somewhere. The people who convert are mostly those that do actually read stuff on websites like this.

Edit: He doesn't actually have to believe it himself that all this is moral and all these USA laws are right and just. He might just feel forced to do so in order to avoid legal consequences.

misteroption is offline New Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA View Post
    Right now only NADEX is allowed to operate in the US. (which to my knowledge does not have an affiliate program).
    the affiliate program exists now, that s the IG affiliate program... but the CPA is only 50 USD, not sure...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misteroption View Post
    the affiliate program exists now, that s the IG affiliate program... but the CPA is only 50 USD, not sure...
    This seems to be very interesting.

I checked their T&C's and it says it's $50 for a valid application. i.e. trader registers and applies to have an account validated (identification documents etc.). It explicitly states that they don't yet have to deposit and trade to trigger the $50. They just have to apply and have their account validated.

It's an interesting model. Has anyone here tried to promote NADEX, now that they are in the affiliate business?

$50 is obviously much lower than $300+ what the other brokers offer but if it's for account validation and not deposit then it could work?