https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dashboard?pli=1
Have fun, much better data, I think,,,Though Alexa is fun
Printable View
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dashboard?pli=1
Have fun, much better data, I think,,,Though Alexa is fun
i have heard this alot over the last few months from clients. i wonder if the traffic being ranked is compared only to opted in sites, therefore all numbers would be skewed. still a good tool to see what countries sites are getting the majority of their traffic from (if that is even accurate).
Did you guys tried awstat traffic counter in your site. I think it's another way of monitoring your daily visitor's activity within your site. Also with statcounter or google analytics.
The results on Alexa will be skewed: this is because Alexa only gives you data based on people who have the toolbar installed, whereas a program like google analytics will show you all traffic..Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBaby
The choice is pretty obvious in my opinion..
Ask any SEO guru about Alexa and I have a feeling they will tell you don't bother.
Are you asking me then? Sure enough, Alexa isn't the primary concern about your site's quality or site's popularity to the world-wide web. We always use the other traffic and site statistic counters that proven to be accurate in SEO's terms and technical knowledge.
We use some site-embed statistic counters like awstat. Competitor's site can always be researched on line with other tools other than Alexa.