Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default Dumb story of the decade

    So PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is all upset because Pres. Obama swatted a fly during an interview. Said he should catch and release.

    The Associated Press,
    WASHINGTON The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.
    PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside. http://www.star-telegram.com/238/story/1440096.html



    Side note: The West Virginina PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals is applauding the efforts and sending a bug zapper to the White House.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  2. #2
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    I am not a Rhodes Scholar but, I thought flies were insects, not animals.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  3. #3
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    These crazy people..That is a tad extreme. I have 2 dogs, but ill kill any roach in my house.


    same as the wacko vegetarians telling us to not eat meat. I mean, if God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.


    You know Hitler was a vegetarian? I rest my case!!
    "CasinoJack"


  4. #4
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinojack View Post
    These crazy people..That is a tad extreme. I have 2 dogs, but ill kill any roach in my house.


    same as the wacko vegetarians telling us to not eat meat. I mean, if God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.


    You know Hitler was a vegetarian? I rest my case!!
    oooh now waiting for the vegetarians on here to respond to that one, wheres my beer and popcorn
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  5. #5
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Is Friday, had to start some type on controversy
    "CasinoJack"


  6. #6
    AmCan's Avatar
    AmCan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 1999
    Location
    The Lost City of Atlantas
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanks
    242
    Thanked 326 Times in 161 Posts

    Default

    Well the whole thing just makes me angry. I had a lot of cash on the fly at 10:1

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to AmCan For This Useful Post:

    TheGooner (20 June 2009)

  8. #7
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,583
    Thanks
    479
    Thanked 731 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    Nonsense. These guys need to get a life!

  9. #8
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    1,943
    Thanked 4,206 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmCan View Post
    Well the whole thing just makes me angry. I had a lot of cash on the fly at 10:1
    LOL -- 10-1 those are top odds.

    I'm amazed that I missed doing a preview on this obviously high profile event!

  10. #9
    stgeorge is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Location
    Various
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 95 Times in 45 Posts

    Default

    Send Peta to Australia in summer and let them walk around with flies buzzing around their heads and flying up their schnozzes. They will quickly change their tune.

    Really. There are more important things in life to worry about.

    But hey, if you want to protect the flies, be my guest.

  11. #10
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,065
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge View Post
    Send Peta to Australia in summer and let them walk around with flies buzzing around their heads and flying up their schnozzes. They will quickly change their tune.

    Really. There are more important things in life to worry about.

    But hey, if you want to protect the flies, be my guest.
    Hahahahah

    The most common complaint from a visitor down here is "I think I swallowed a fly"

    I remember playing soccer about 2 years ago at lunch time and we have a lot of English guys in our office, and one had been running with his mouth open and ended up swallowing a couple of flies during the game..

    He ended up going home sick. It was kinda funny.

    /sidetrack

    I can't imagine that the people calling out on this one have never squashed a fly in their life.. and seriously, have you ever tried to catch a fly? You have to squish them to be able to catch them. They're fast.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  12. #11
    Stephen F is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    November 2004
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 35 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Hahahahah

    The most common complaint from a visitor down here is "I think I swallowed a fly"

    I remember playing soccer about 2 years ago at lunch time and we have a lot of English guys in our office, and one had been running with his mouth open and ended up swallowing a couple of flies during the game..

    He ended up going home sick. It was kinda funny.

    /sidetrack

    I can't imagine that the people calling out on this one have never squashed a fly in their life.. and seriously, have you ever tried to catch a fly? You have to squish them to be able to catch them. They're fast.
    Renee, you haven't mastered the chopsticks yet?

    Stephen

  13. #12
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,065
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommissionAccount View Post
    Renee, you haven't mastered the chopsticks yet?

    Stephen
    I'm still trying my best but they just seem to be too bloody fast for me.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •