Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default Free Beer in London Feb 19th

    Guys - I am pleased to announce that CAP Euro Amsterdam will be sponsoring the beer at the gathering organised by LondonSEO.org during SES in London on Feb 19th

    This is the second time we have done this and if you are in town I highly recommend you attend as it is always really useful especially when SEO gurus get drunk and tell you their secrets - We will also be giving away hotel nights during CAP Euro at the party - More details at www.londonseo.org
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  2. #2
    Webzcas's Avatar
    Webzcas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 408 Posts

    Default

    Hi Alex. Would be normally tempted to go to this. But because of what has happened in the last few months concerning CAP - I will have to pass. Besides If I am going to Amsterdam, I would want a hotel for the duration of the CAC .

    As for the SEO get together I am hoping to go to WMW in Vegas in November. Just need to get permission
    Exit stage left

  3. #3
    Fergie's Avatar
    Fergie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    500
    Thanks
    233
    Thanked 165 Times in 96 Posts

    Default

    As much as I would LOVE drunken SEO experts spilling their secrets...
    With all due respect, Alex, don't you think posting that announcement here is somewhat inappropriate?
    Janet

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fergie For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (8 February 2009), mojo (8 February 2009)

  5. #4
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    Webzcas - Completely entitled to your opinion - Hopefully I will buy you beer one of these days at one of our events or another.

    Fergie - I think its completely appropriate - During London Michael et al sat down with me and the other CAP guys and we got through a lot including moving forward together. What ever you may think we are not your enemies and I hope the CAP events help grow GPWA and visa versa.

    To everyone else let the beer flow!
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  6. #5
    arkyt's Avatar
    arkyt is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Posts
    1,504
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 235 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    To everyone else let the beer flow!
    This industry doesn't need another booze party - what it needs is to step back for awhile, access its current state of affairs and develop a win-win solution to all that has gone on the last 2-3 years.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to arkyt For This Useful Post:

    Jinnia (8 February 2009)

  8. #6
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    maybe, maybe not, although in vino veritas
    Seriosuly though, this is just a sponsored drink session for a load of people who are in SEO which are in the majority not in gaming - FYI One of my aims is to get people from the outside into our sector and show them its a serious market with serious people

    Beer is just something that connects us and sparks conversation - It isn't literally a boozey party - The last London SEO beers I attended I had a great time but more importantly made some new friends and learnt some things.
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  9. #7
    Fergie's Avatar
    Fergie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    500
    Thanks
    233
    Thanked 165 Times in 96 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    Webzcas - Completely entitled to your opinion - Hopefully I will buy you beer one of these days at one of our events or another.

    Fergie - I think its completely appropriate - During London Michael et al sat down with me and the other CAP guys and we got through a lot including moving forward together. What ever you may think we are not your enemies and I hope the CAP events help grow GPWA and visa versa.
    Are things back to status quo between the GPWA and CAP now?
    Last edited by Fergie; 7 February 2009 at 9:39 pm.
    Janet

  10. #8
    Webzcas's Avatar
    Webzcas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 408 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    Webzcas - Completely entitled to your opinion - Hopefully I will buy you beer one of these days at one of our events or another.
    Hi Alex,

    I'll gladly have a beer or three with you one day. Nothing personal against you, as I have heard nothing but good about you and the events you put on. However as you well know, my beef is with CAP as is the case with many other people in the industry.

    Until such time Lou and Warren not only apologise but also make right what they have done wrong - a brief overview can be read here

    Then I feel hawking their events on sites such as the GPWA is just plain wrong and is akin to sticking two fingers up to us all with regards what has happened over the past few months.
    Exit stage left

  11. #9
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,198
    Thanks
    860
    Thanked 5,389 Times in 1,741 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
    Are things back to status quo between the GPWA and CAP now?
    Well, I wouldn't exactly say that. However, there are some understood boundaries that pretty much represent what is sensible.

    We agreed that the GPWA would be promoting CAC Amsterdam and that CAP would be promoting CAP Spring Break and CAP Amsterdam and we agreed to accept that neither of us will be promoting the competing events.

    We agreed that it was better to promote the events we were respectively supporting in a positive fashion rather than running smear campaigns against the competing events.

    There was an apology from Lou to Steven and I for Steven having been physically removed from the hotel at CAP Euro London.

    We agreed that cross-promotion of events that were not directly conflicting with one another to create awareness for affiliates was generally the right place for us to be in terms of supporting the affiliate community at large and that we would endeavor to have cooperative relationships around such non-competitive events.

    We confirmed that we had completed our expose relating to Cardspike and to Effective Media Group, and that in the absence of any further deceptive responses from CAP we did not have plans to release any new information.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot

    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  12. #10
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post

    We confirmed that we had completed our expose relating to Cardspike and to Effective Media Group, and that in the absence of any further deceptive responses from CAP we did not have plans to release any new information.

    Michael
    First, it's good to see dialog between all parties.

    However, the EM issue is still disturbing to say the least. I am suspicious of all new programs and there is still no transparency. I am reluctant to sign up anywhere new because I am afraid it is run by EM. I certainly don't mind if EM wants to run a program but I need to know about it.

    Will the GPWA continue the investigation in that area?

  13. #11
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,198
    Thanks
    860
    Thanked 5,389 Times in 1,741 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    However, the EM issue is still disturbing to say the least. I am suspicious of all new programs and there is still no transparency. I am reluctant to sign up anywhere new because I am afraid it is run by EM. I certainly don't mind if EM wants to run a program but I need to know about it.

    Will the GPWA continue the investigation in that area?
    As I have said elsewhere in these forums, I believe that all of the cases where EMG is responsible for an affiliate program are out in the open. If we became aware of other instances and they were not reported, then we would certainly report about them. But I'm quite confident there are no others at the moment.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot

    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  14. #12
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post
    As I have said elsewhere in these forums, I believe that all of the cases where EMG is responsible for an affiliate program are out in the open. If we became aware of other instances and they were not reported, then we would certainly report about them. But I'm quite confident there are no others at the moment.

    Michael
    TY. I must have missed it elsewhere. That is reassuring to hear that Card Spike and Absolute Slots are the only two.

  15. #13
    ppw's Avatar
    ppw
    ppw is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Location
    Littlehampton
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webzcas View Post
    As for the SEO get together I am hoping to go to WMW in Vegas in November. Just need to get permission
    My wife said your wife and baby can always stay here..... while we go onto vegas slowly slowly catch the monkey lol

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ppw For This Useful Post:

    Webzcas (8 February 2009)

  17. #14
    Webzcas's Avatar
    Webzcas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 408 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppw View Post
    My wife said your wife and baby can always stay here..... while we go onto vegas slowly slowly catch the monkey lol
    Do you want to tell her? lol
    Exit stage left

  18. #15
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
    As much as I would LOVE drunken SEO experts spilling their secrets...
    With all due respect, Alex, don't you think posting that announcement here is somewhat inappropriate?
    Looking back over this thread I have to admit I feel a bit uncomfortable. I know from what I've seen that Alex is a bit stuck in the middle.

    However, with the mass amount of posts by upset affliates, posting about a new conference or something similar kind of adds salt to the wounds. These conferences are about affilates I assume? I've never been to one.

    Will CAP ever make a statement or plan or apology so we can get on with things?

    I hate to be so harsh but until something happens, CAP conferences should be avoided.

  19. #16
    ppw's Avatar
    ppw
    ppw is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Location
    Littlehampton
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I hate to be so harsh but until something happens, CAP conferences should be avoided.
    I don't believe you are being harsh, you are just one person that has voiced what alot of affiliates probably believe. I have no plans to attend any event hosted by CAP, I am a small time affiliate but beleive that the big boys should lead by example, and clearly they have not done this.

    Personally I would rather not get involved with something I do not completely trust, just my humble opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •